Unforeseen Hurdle

I married my Fan

The spotlights were shining on him. His smile, his big doe eyes, his strong stage presence captivated heart of all the fans. The live stream had millions of viewers, fans who came to the concert hall were cheering him so loud, after all, it was the concert of Superstar Lee Sungyeol.

 

 

The day was the last day of his 3-day Japan Tour, the zeal of Osaka fans felt splendid.

 

After bidding goodbye to the fans, Sungyeol reached the hotel room. It had been tiring, no lies there, but rather than feeling relaxed for completing the tour, he felt sad for having to leave his fans. He felt like the fans have given him so much love and he has not been able to return the favor. Where he stands today is a gift from the fans all around. Overseas fans have lesser chance of meeting their idols, so he felt more reluctant to leave during his international tour.

 

“Stop making that face. Your fans in Korea are waiting for your return.” Sunggyu, Sungyeol’s manager handed him the towel.

 

“I know hyung. But still…” The feeling was bittersweet, he couldn’t express in words.

 

Sunggyu knew Sungyeol like the back of his hand, he had been with the superstar since his debut days.

 

 

 

 

The next day, there was warm welcome at the Incheon International Airport. Fans had been waiting from early morning. Sungyeol truly felt moved by the dedication of the fans.

 

Among them, Sungyeol knew he would definitely find “mylove_yeol”, his fansite master nim from his debut days. He was in his signature black dress, with his Canon 5D, and dazzling smile. Sungyeol waved at all his fans and looked directly at his favorite fansite. The thought that he could debut as an idol himself crossed his mind not for the first time.

 

Kim Myungsoo was his name which he found out during one of the fanmeet. There has never been a single event where Myungsoo was absent. While he felt thankful towards the love he was receiving, he also felt determined to work harder to be able to make his fans proud of himself.

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

He hadn’t achieved this name, this fame overnight though. He debuted from a small company as a singer. Even though he was trained for being an actor, the company made him debut as per their wish. He barely released any full length album during his four years of promotion, when the company starting neglecting him in favor of promoting other junior groups and singers.

He wanted to make his attempt at acting but the company denied his request. He left the company with heavy heart, after all, it was the one which let him enter the entertainment industry.

He started from side characters, before finally he got his hand on lead role of an interesting drama. The drama was about a young CEO who went undercover to figure out the inside politics on his own organization. The rating for the drama was very high, it became super popular among audience of all age groups. It became a turning point for Lee Sungyeol. He opened his own studio, “Lee’s Studio” to handle all the management. Sunggyu had been supportive senior from before so, he trusted his studio in his care.

While he was getting popular as an actor, he also reignited his singing passion. He released a digital single at first which received massive popularity. He was receiving many works, both acting and singing. His fame sky rocketed making him hot on demand.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Sunggyu rushed into his apartment. “Sungyeol ah, wake up!”

“What’s the matter hyung? I don’t have early morning schedule today.” Sungyeol whined unknown to the catastrophe caused out of thin air.

 

Sunggyu didn’t know how to explain so, he handed over the entertainment newspaper which had Sungyeol’s picture in the front page. As much as it was normal to see his face in the magazine cover, it was rare for him to be presented with such toxic headline. “THE DARK PAST BEHIND THE BEAUTIFUL FAÇADE OF SUPERSTAR LEE SUNGYEOL”.

All the drowsiness from earlier vanished in an instant. He grabbed the article and read each word carefully. By the end of the editorial, his face turned pale. No words escaped his mouth. Sunggyu panicked seeing him in such state.

“Sungyeol ah, stay calm. We know it’s fake and we will prove it. Don’t you worry.” He hugged the dazed boy tightly.

 

 

It came as a cataclysm. An unknown person accused him of physical violence. Every media came knocking at his door to ask for explanation but he shut himself from the outside world. He knew that his voice would be questioned despite him speaking the truth.

He had just started to enjoy the fruit of his hard work when it all came crashing down. All his endorsements were cut off, the Directors and Producers who were hyping him stepped backward, the fans who were ready to follow his every step were the first to dishonor him.  

 

He sealed himself completely because he knew human heart, it’s in their nature that once the feeling of hate arises, it can’t be quenched easily, rather it gets intensified with every single move of the accused.

And as such the once superstar Lee Sungyeol became a person of scorn to everyone in a blink of an eye.

 

 


 

 

A/N : Sungyeol truly had taken acting classes before he debuted as INFINITE Lee Sungyeol. Hope his upcoming drama would give him the highlight the deserves!

 

And Myungsoo is now a musical actor…yey!!!

Hope to see them together in some drama/movie later on~