006

Life story

Still sleepy Jungkook stumbles into the kitchen, having awoken by the lack of cuddles from a Yoongi. The four years old had his left arm hugging a bunny plushie which is a gift from Yoongi, while the back of his other palm busily rubbing his eye. The sound that his cute yawn produced eventually attracts the older boy who is busily trying making something of a breakfast out of little ingredients they have stocked up, for the both of them. 

 

 

Yoongi whom had always been easily startled, immediately turns his head behind to see a messy-raven-black-haired boy in  front of him. He can't help but ruffles those fluffy hair fondly as he coos, "did you sleep well, kookie? are you hungry now, baby?" Yoongi kneels down to the little boy's level.

 

 

"Yeah, hyung isn't in bed with me.." he whines.

 

 

"Oh, I'm sorry, kookie. I was making foods, and how do you think of going out today, baby?" Yoongi said, knowing how Jungkook been waiting for Yoongi to have a day off and go have a walk at the park. Jungkook usually never really asks for anything in particular, in fact, he know nothing much of what kids his age usually wish for. But, Yoongi sometimes often caught Jungkook peeking through the curtain, and then he would asks Yoongi numerous questions like what is this and that.

 

 

It's not like Yoongi had never bring Jungkook out of the house. He did, but only limited to a nearest stores only and that's very rarely as Yoongi had very limited time spent chilling at home with Jungkook. Not to mention his barely enough earnings could never afford anything much of an entertainment for Jungkook.  But, surely Yoongi can afford a simple walk at the park that required no expensive ticket and an ice cream or two, at least. 

 

 

"ARE YOU BEING SEWIOUS?" Jungkook yells excitedly. The sleepiness completely gone. 

 

 

"Yeah, kookie. Only if you feel like it, of course." Yoongi smiles fondly, one of his hand reaching to pinch Jungkook's cute cheek. 

 

 

"But, hyungie... what about work?" the four years old fidgets guilty. He don't want to caused Yoongi to be scold by his employers for the sake of bringing him on an outing. "and, and, our money jar.." Jungkook glances to the drawer of the old closet at the corner of the place. There is this small box where Yoongi kept his earnings and savings. It's usually not much though. Often left empty than not at the end of weeks, even more so when the landlord came to collect their monthly rent. So, Jungkook had learnt to know that if the box is empty, it will bring no good at all since Yoongi tends to only go home with more bruises, and even later than usual, and he will be in more pain and less rested. 

 

 

Yoongi knows what Jungkook is implying at and he is both moved at how Jungkook cared for him and felt wrong at the same time. A little boy as Jungkook should never have to be thinking of this empty money jar. He should be spoiled with all the toys and sweets he would ever wish for. Yoongi sighs, "My boss paid me extra last time, so we have much enough to spend for today. I will be packing some foods too. Don't worry about the money jar okay, bunny." 

 

 

Jungkook ponders about a little, thinking it through carefully and looking for any white lies from Yoongi's facial expression, if he just in case hide something or lies to him. Sometimes, Yoongi also tends to be like that, too prioritize Jungkook that he seems to be able to put up white lies smoothly just to sooth Jungkook's anxiousness and put the little boy at ease. However, this time Jungkook just so tempted for this sudden outing proposal from Yoongi, after all this kind of chances didn't came often. So, Jungkook quickly run to get ready for the day as he yells out, "I will go get change !" while jumping along the way. 

 

 

Yoongi smiles happy to see his baby brother this happy. He get back to his feets and continues putting the portion of plain kimbap for Jungkook in a lunchbox that have a yellow chick sticked on top of it and cleans the mess he makes while cooking. Before satisfied with everything, Yoongi placed the foods in a bag and looks at the time with his phone. It's almost time. 

 

 

"Here, let me do that for you," Yoongi round the corner and approaches Jungkook who was about to comb his slightly wet hair. The older kneels down, and reach for the comb before he get to the job. "Where are we going, hyung?" the little boy asked.

 

 

"To the park, there is this very exciting playground and we will have a small picnic there. Will that be okay for you, kookie? The other kids will also gathered there sometimes too to play, you can even makes friend with them. Oh, and also there is this stall that sell ice cream too... You love ice creams right?" Yoongi listed with equally the same excitement as Jungkook had becomes upon listening to him. To the little boy, anything would be fine as long as Yoongi is with him. Jungkook eagerly nods at the mention of ice creams while flashing his bunny smile widely. Yes, indeed he did love to have ice creams once in a while too.  

 

 

Yoongi laughs softly at how cute Jungkook is behaving. He fix the soft hair and scans Jungkook upside down one last time to makes sure his little boy's outfits is looking good, strangely his attire somehow almost matching Yoongi's signature color; black and white. Black pants, short sleeved white shirt and a black thin jacket for the outer wear. Probably copy them from how Yoongi usually dressed when he wasn't on the 'night-time' job. But, then again, Jungkook don't really owned much colorful outfits to begin with. Even more less so for Yoongi. 

 

 

Yoongi himself had a light blue tight fitting jeans that is ripped at its knees, hugging his slender legs with a plain black hoodie a little big than his actual small size of body. The twenty years old stands up straight, looking at his reflection in the mirror one last time to fix his bang a little before reaching a hand to Jungkook, "Let's go, kookie. It won't be too fun if the park is too crowded.", Yoongi picked up the bag he had left at the kitchen and hangs it over his body while his other hand holding on Jungkook's small one. 

 

 

The four years old ever too excited skips his steps as he happily walks alongside Yoongi. Occasionally let go of Yoongi's hands to run ahead and points to Yoongi his every discovery. Be it other people pet dog being walked, a small statue in the middle of the park, or the displays of items being sold in the store through the see-through glass wall. Yoongi fondly watch him, giving him all the undivided attention he could manages with every, 'hyung look!', and would always reach out his hand to Jungkook again soon after. He could not afford it to lost sight of Jungkook in this crowd of people. 

 

 

The wheather seems nice as Yoongi stops a moment, looking around. He had found a nice area a little far from other people for where he and Jungkook would sit down and eat the packed lunch. Yoongi hands Jungkook his cute lunch box, filled with pancakes and kimbap. It was made with little ingredients he had left so it wasn't much, but Jungkook seems to have no care at all. Yoongi watch the boy stuffs his mouth with foods, making his cheeks looks chubby. The boy must be tired for all the walking earlier. Yoongi smiles a little, as he wipes Jungkook's mouth with handkerchief.  

 

 

"Yoonie hyungie, can I go play with them?" Jungkook said after he is done eating his lunch. His finger pointed at the playground a good distance from where they are. Yoongi turns his head at the direction Jungkook was pointing at. It's not too far from them and there is four to five kids obviously older than Jungkook were also there playing together. Yoongi hesitates because those kids is much bigger than Jungkook's small body. They could bully Kookie easily, there is no way Yoongi would let his little boy being bullied. But, Kookie's big doe eyes seems to be staring at the playground way too much. He wants this. 

 

 

"Alright kookie, I... I will go with you. Wait a minute, okay. Let me clean up a little." Yoongi move quickly to gather the stuff. 

 

 

"It's okay hyung, you can wait for me here. I'am a big boy now, I can watch over myself.." Jungkook confidently puffed up his chest. His inner being were fighting the urge to quickly runs over to the playground almost bouncing in his spot. 

 

 

"Wait, Kookie.. let's go together. I will be quick." Yoongi smiles as he responds to him. But soon after he lifts his head to look at the boy, he found no one.

 

 

Immediately Yoongi turns his head to the direction of the playground.

 

 

There Jungkook is, already half way to the horse rides with undoubtedly a big bunny smile plastered on his face. Yoongi shakes his head. Aish, this boy, 'do whatever you want as long as you are having fun' Yoongi grumbles to himself. Nonetheless, Yoongi continues packing all the stuff and left over into his bag before taking a moment to check his smart phone briefly upon receiving a notification. He's got not many acquaintance though so his phone only has few numbers; Kihyun, his landlord, Namjoon to name those few, which is why all the notification could be important. 

 

 

It's from Namjoon. 

 

 

' Don't take on any client tonight, around 9 p.m. I will come pick you up at the usual place.'

 

 

Simple and straight to the point. That's how Namjoon always text him asking for a session. Glancing at Jungkook from afar who is climbing the sliding tool with no care in the world, Yoongi considers his respond a little. He could be on the way home around six and there will still be a plenty of time for him to get ready. He could even cuddle Jungkook and waits until the boy fell asleep before he left to see Namjoon. So, Yoongi types his respond, agreeing to meet up around the given time. 

 

The twenty years old quickly slipped his phone inside his back pocked of his jeans as he stands up. Ready to go accompanying Jungkook at the playground. As he was getting closer, Yoongi watch around. Looking for Jungkook's small body. 

 

 

But he didn't finds Jungkook. Only unknown kids actively playing around. Yoongi begins to get a little anxious, stills he control his emotions. Going around the playground, every hidden spots. Every kids of Jungkook's size and height.

 

 

But there is no Jungkook.

 

 

Yoongi's eyes already leaking tears as he becomes desperate. "Kookie... kookie where are you!" Yoongi yells out as he go around the place. 

 

 

"Kookie...! Jungkook!" he is positive Jungkook is no longer at the playground. With hurried steps, Yoongi rush to any direction in this wide park. His eyes seems to not be able to stop the tears anymore as he just don't bother anymore. He paid no mind either to every people whom he brush asides and rudely stumbles into, as he don't have the time to apologize properly.  Yoongi lost count over how many times he wander around the park as well as returning back to the huge playground, just in case Jungkook came back there.

 

 

But, still Jungkook is nowhere to be found.

 

 

At some points, Yoongi just stood stills as he falls to his knees. Crying and yelling Jungkook's name over and over again. Most people around him stares down at him, probably thinking that it's not their problem whatever the reason it is that Yoongi broke down for until a tall gentlemen with broad shoulders in his sports wear approach the pitiful sight of Yoongi. "Did you lost someone?" he kneels down at Yoongi's level.

 

 

Yoongi didn't answer right away. He takes time to calms his breathing a little before he look the man in the eyes as he nodds, "Jungkook... I lost my little brother..." Yoongi hiccups as he speaks. It's pitiful sight really. Crying like a three years old when he in fact is supposed to be a tough-twenty-years-old who use to do everything in his power to fend for himself all alone but falls crumbling down to pieces in front of all of this strangers.

 

 

"It's okay, where is the last time you saw him? I will help you, okay... we will find him together. What's your name? you can call me, Jin. " the kind man places his palm on Yoongi's cold hand.

 

 

"Y-yoongi..." With his face tinted with faint pink at the nose due to the too much crying, Yoongi let the man pulls him back on his feets.

 

 

"Okay, Yoongi. Don't worry, I will go over there, and you will go over that side. Can you do that?" Jin said.

 

 

"He-he is a four years old, small boy and, and he wears a black jacket." Yoongi tries to give as many ideas possible to helps the kind man identified Jungkook quickly should he found him. His hands gripping Jin's wirsts firmly and wet wide eyes pleading as if begging him to bring Jungkook back to him.

 

 

"Okay, okay, thank you, Yoongi... I will keep that in mind." the man names Jin grimace at how cold Yoongi's palms were. Soon both of them get to move in search at their respective areas. Continuously yelling without stops.