My Eternal (sfw+proposal)

YeonBin Bingo 2021-2022

How could have Yeonjun thought it was a good idea. He was a man in his late twenties sitting in a convenience store surrounded by loud teenagers. He could see Hueningkai laughing from the counter and he was so tempted to go there and punch him but he had to hold back. Soobin would soon arrive and he had to carry on with his plan. Well, it wasn't really a plan, he had just asked Soobin to come to their usual convenience store of when they were younger. Yeonjun knew he remembered it, he always remembered everything.

 

After a couple more minutes of waiting for him, Yeonjun finally spotted him through the window, wearing the usual suit he wore to work, his glasses on his nose and his hair pushed back, revealing his forehead. Yeonjun never got sick of looking at his boyfriend. Soobin spotted him too and smiled before entering the convenience store. Soobin greeted Hueningkai and made his way to Yeonjun, smiling to some of the teenagers that were there as they greeted him with a soft "Hello, prefessor Choi!".

 

Soobin finally sat down next to Yeonjun, kissing him lightly on the lips and taking his hand.

 

"Hi, baby."

 

"Hi, love. How was your day?" Yeonjun asked.

 

"It was okay, as usual. How was yours?"

 

"It was fine." Yeonjun replied, looking over at Soobin and smiling. "Maybe you wanna know why I told you to come to the place we had our first date in for dinner?"

 

"Well, it's only seven but okay, let's say dinner." Soobin joked, giggling.

 

"I have been thinking a lot lately. You have a stable job and I have one too. We've been friends since forever and we've loved each other since we were sixteen. We've also been living together since we graduated from uni and it's going really well." Soobin squeezed his hand in agreement. "Every time I look at you, I feel like I fall in love with you all over again and I ing live for that feeling. And you know I love you, that I would do anything for you. If you killed someone, I'd help you hide the body and even take the blame if we ever got caught-"

 

"Babe, what are you saying?" Soobin asked, laughing.

 

"Sorry, I'm getting side-tracked." Yeonjun apologised, scolding himself in his head. "The thing is, Soobinnie, I love you and I'll love you till the end of time." Yeonjun brought his hand to his pocket and took a little blue box out of it, putting in on the little table, in front of Soobin. "So, will you marry me?"

 

Soobin looked at Yeonjun, his eyes bigger than Yeonjun had ever seen them, a light blush on his cheeks and tears in his eyes. He let go of his hand and opened the little box, revealing two simple silver rings. Soobin took the one that looked bigger and probably belonged to him and closely looked at it. He gasped when he saw the words "My Eternal" carved into it. Finally, tears fell and he smiled to his ears, turning to Yeonjun, handing him the ring.

 

"Here, put it on for me." He said and Yeonjun did.

 

Then, Soobin took Yeonjun's ring and passed it on his finger before kissing the back of his hand.

 

"I love you too, baby. Till the end of time."

 

Hueningkai looked at them fondly, sending a text to Taehyun and Beomgyu.

 

'He did it, I can't believe he went through this time.'

 

"Kai, bring us our usual, please." Yeonjun called, drying Soobin's tears.

 

"Coming!"

 

Just then, his phone buzzed. He took it out and saw a text from Beomgyu.

 

'It was the fifth attempt after all, he had to succeed this time.'

 

Hueningkai nodded, giggling as he agreed with Beomgyu.

 

If only Soobin knew it's been a whole year since Yeonjun started trying to propose to him.