I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor (sfw + concert)

YeonBin Bingo 2021-2022

Yeonjun had wanted to go to this concert for quite a long time now and he couldn't believe he was waiting in the line all by himself. Of course, it wasn't Taehyun's fault if he had caught the flu but he still was bummed out about it. Their love for Arctic Monkeys was what brought them together and one of the many reasons they became best friends. But Yeonjun couldn't miss that opportunity and Taehyun had told him to go without him, that he would feel too guilty if Yeonjun didn't go because of him and that they could go together another time.

Just when the first song began playing, Yeonjun stopped thinking about Taehyun and decided to enjoy the moment while it lasted, surrounded by people who loved the same music as him as he stood in the pit. He was also happy to see that he wasn't the only one to be there alone. He began to dance and shout the lyrics he knew by heart with everyone around him, convinced that he wouldn't be able to talk at all the next day but not giving a single damn in the moment.

An hour and some popular songs later, one of Yeonjun's favourite song began, When The Sun Goes Down. Apparently, he wasn't the only one to love this song as the whole stadium began to scream the lyrics.

Near him Yeonjun heard the voice of a guy screaming the lyrics as if he was telling his own story. He scanned the people around him, searching for the guy and finding him almost immediately. He looked around his age, taller than him with black hair and a white complexion, pink lips that were screaming the lyrics at the top of his lungs. Yeonjun found himself smiling as he looked at the boy, having totally forgotten about his whereabouts and what he was supposed to do. Then, the guy began to jump around, his arms flailing around him, his hair becoming messy as he shouted in excitement. Yeonjun couldn’t contain his laugh and decided to approach him, a sudden wish to become friends with this guy washing over him.

Yeonjun made his way to the boy and began to jump alongside him. The guy looked at him, smiled a confused smile and kept on enjoying himself. When the singer resumed on singing, they both screamed the lyrics in unison.

Although you're trying not to listen
Avert your eyes and staring at the ground
She makes a subtle proposition
I'm sorry love I'll have to turn you down

The guy looked towards Yeonjun, surprised but smiling wider than he had been earlier and they kept on chanting the lyrics while looking at each other.

As if they had known each other since forever, they enjoyed the remaining songs together, not getting too close but still acting friendly, lightly brushing the other’s shoulder and throwing glances when they thought the other wasn’t looking.

When the concert was done, the two guys awkwardly looked at each other, smiling shyly and both fumbling with their hands. Yeonjun decided to break the awkward silence.

“I really enjoyed my time with you.” He quietly said as they began to walk out of the venue.

“I did too.” Replied the other guy.

“Well, I hope you won’t think I’m a creep or anything but I find you really cute and I’d like to have your number. If it’s okay with you, of course.” Yeonjun added, his face going redder as he spoke.

To his surprise, the taller guy blushed too and smiled.

“I’m fine with it. Hand me your phone.” He said and Yeonjun immediately gave him his phone.

The guy entered his number and quickly gave it back to Yeonjun.

“Soobin...” Yeonjun muttered. The named sounded familiar but he couldn’t remember where he’d heard it.

“I’ll wait for your text...?”

“Yeonjun.”

“Text me soon, Yeonjun.” Soobin said, winking and going his way.

Yeonjun smiled to himself and went back home, hoping to dream of a tall and pretty guy.

 

 

“Can you tell me why you haven’t texted him yet?” Taehyun asked the next day while Yeonjun was sitting on his bed.

“I don’t want to seem desperate or weird! He’s really cute, Taehyun-ah.” Yeonjun said, almost whispering the last part.

“From what you told me, the guy seemed to have liked you too, I really don’t understand why you’re so hesitant about a simple text. What’s his name by the way?” Taehyun asked.

“Soobin.”

“Soobin?”

“Yeah. It sounded familiar but I can’t remember where I heard it.” Yeonjun stated.

“It’s Beomgyu's cousin! Remember? He told us his cousin would transfer to our school this year!”

“Oh, I remember now! But he never told us that his cousin listened to Arctic Monkeys or that he was super cute.” Yeonjun muttered.

“Would you tell someone that your cousin is cute without introducing them? Idiot.” Taehyun said, earning a punch from the other.

“Anyway!” Yeonjun said, as Taehyun rubbed his arm. “I guess I should text him, right? Ask to meet for a coffee or something?”

“You totally should! And I promise to not say anything to Gyu until you two become official.” Taehyun stated, smiling.

“Don’t get too ahead of yourself, you know my talent to ruin every good thing that happens to me.”

“That’s not true. You haven’t ruined our friendship. And we went through some very bad fights. You’re the best.” Taehyun said, opening his arms for a hug.

Yeonjun pulled him close and hugged him tight.

“No, you’re the best.” He said and took his phone out, texting Soobin.

 

Hello, Soobin-ssi. This is Yeonjun.

 

Oh, hello Yeonjun-ssi!

How are you?

 

I’m fine, hbu?

 

Doing great!

Not that I mind but why are you texting me?

 

Well, I was wondering if you’d like to meet

For a coffee

Are you free today?

 

Yes, of course!

Is 2PM okay for you?

 

It’s fine

Do you know the café Blue Hour?

 

I do! Do you wanna meet there?

 

If that’s okay with you

 

See you there then, Yeonjun-ssi~

 

See you, Soobin-ssi

 

“So, what did he say?” Taehyun avidly asked when Yeonjun put his phone back in his pocket.

“We agreed to meet at the Blue Hour at 2. I’m kinda nervous.” Yeonjun replied, giggling nervously.

“Relax, bud. Everything will go well and even if you don’t end up as closer than friends, it’s good.”

“You’re right.” Yeonjun sighed. “Maybe I should go home and get ready. It’s noon already.”

“Aren’t you staying for lunch?” Taehyun asked, looking a bit sad.

“Don’t make that face! Okay, I’ll stay but only because you’re cute.” Yeonjun said, smiling.

“Back off, I have boyfriend.” Taehyun joked.

“As if I could bear with you as a boyfriend on a daily basis. You’re already a handful as a best friend.”

“That’s it, I’m revoking your best friend card.”

“Thank you so much, I won’t have to listen to your nasty stories anymore.” Yeonjun joked, making Taehyun laugh out loud.

“We’ll see you when you’ll have a boyfriend, you piece of .” Taehyun replied before walking out of his own room, Yeonjun quickly following behind him.

 

An hour later, Yeonjun was waiting in front of the Blue Hour. He had come early on purpose not wanting to make a bad impression. He was famous among his friends for always being late. He looked once more at the time. 1:57PM. Soobin would soon arrive and Yeonjun didn’t know if he was more excited or more nervous about it. He was happy the other guy had agreed to meet him but he also felt super nervous. He wanted to get to know the other more and he hoped it was mutual. If it wasn’t… well, Yeonjun would get over it.

He sighed deeply, looking at the ground. Just then, he saw a pair of shoes stopping in front of him. He looked up and was met with Soobin’s smiling face. Yeonjun almost cooed as he noticed the other’s dimples. He smiled back.

“Hello.” Yeonjun said.

“Hey. Shall we go in?” Soobin asked.

“Of course. Come on.” Yeonjun said, walking towards the door and opening it for Soobin, whose smile got even wider.

A waiter came to greet them.

“Welcome to Blue Hour! My name is Jae-eon and I’ll be your waiter today. A table for two I suppose?” Yeonjun nodded. “Follow me.”

Jae-eon brought them to a little table near a window from which the road could be seen. Both guys sat down and Jae-eon handed them two menus.

“I’ll come back later to take your orders.” Just before walking away, he let his eyes linger a tad longer on Soobin and finally left them alone.

Yeonjun pretended to have not seen the waiter’s gaze on Soobin and just opened the menu.

“How have you been Yeonjun-ssi?” Soobin asked, looking straight at Yeonjun.

“Oh, I’ve been well, thanks. How about you Soobin-ssi?”

“I’ve been good.” he paused for some seconds. “I was happy to see your text earlier.” He added, opening his menu and hiding his blushing face behind it.

Cute, Yeonjun thought. He smiled.

“I’m glad you agreed to meet me. I was worried I would come off as weird to be honest.” Yeonjun admitted.

“I know we don’t know each other at all but it would have been a bit silly of me to reject you I think.” Soobin simply stated, putting his menu down.

Just when Yeonjun was about to ask him why, Jae-eon reappeared, a notepad and a pen in hand.

“Are you ready to order?”

“I’ll take a vanilla latte.” Soobin said, handing his menu back. Jae-eon smiled brightly at him and turned to Yeonjun.

“And I’ll take an iced americano.” Yeonjun said, handing his menu too. This time, the waiter curtly nodded and just went back to the counter.

Yeonjun rolled his eyes and Soobin chuckled.

“He seems to like me.”

“Obviously. But he doesn’t need to be so cold towards me. We could just be friends.” Yeonjun said.

“We could. We’re not though. We’re just strangers.” Soobin said, leaving Yeonjun speechless. A beat passed and Soobin burst out laughing.

“You should see you face! I’m only joking, oh my god!” he said, bringing his hands to his face, hiding behind them.

“No, you’re right. Actually, let’s change that.” Yeonjun said, handing his hand out. “I’m Choi Yeonjun, nice to meet you.”

Soobin took his hand and shake it a little.

“I’m Choi Soobin and I know who you are. You’re Beomgyu’s boyfriend’s best friend.” Soobin replied.

“I forgot to say something very important.” Yeonjun stated and Soobin looked at him questioningly. “I think you’re really cute and I’d like to get to know you.”

Soobin blushed but smiled widely.

“There you go with your orders.” Jae-eon said, popping out of nowhere, putting the two guys’ orders on the table.

Just before he could go back to the counter, Soobin stopped him.

“Excuse me? I’d like to say something.” Jae-eon looked at him, smiling. “I’m sorry but I have to tell you that you uselessly wrote your phone number on my napkin because I hope to become this guy’s boyfriend soon. You’ll have to find someone else.” Soobin said, keeping a bright smile on his face the whole time.

Jae-eon’s smile faded away and he retreated back to the counter at light speed.

“So, where were we?” Soobin asked, turning to look back at Yeonjun.

Yeonjun was rendered speechless, once again, by Soobin’s words. Of course, Yeonjun was hoping to become more than just friends with Soobin but he didn’t know the other thought the same and that made him happy. He barely stopped the smile creeping up his lips to ask an important question.

“Wait. Did you mean it?”

“Of course I did. Like I said, I know who you are. Beomgyu doesn’t stop talking about you when he isn’t talking about Taehyun. He showed me your pictures a couple of times already, he thinks that we’d make a good couple. I do agree with him on this point.” Soobin explained, his last statement making Yeonjun blush. “But I’d understand if you’re not interested.”

“Honestly, I didn’t know who you were when we met at the concert. But it doesn’t change anything for me, I still want to get to know you and, hopefully, become your boyfriend at some point.”

“I’m glad we’re on the same page here.”

 

Yeonjun and Soobin were at a Bring Me The Horizon concert, along with Beomgyu and Taehyun. Actually, they had gone for a double date but Yeonjun had purposefully taken his sweet time following the people in line to be able to have Soobin all for himself to touch, kiss and watch. His actions were a total opposite of where they were and the atmosphere that reigned but he didn’t care. It was their 6 months anniversary after all, he had the right to do whatever he wanted. Soobin didn’t mind it at all, even if Yeonjun didn’t dance much: he loved having Yeonjun watch him and he knew he looked good on the dancefloor.