Got You Under My Skin (sfw + soulmates)

YeonBin Bingo 2021-2022

Having a soulmate is something that always made Soobin happy. The fact that the Universe had chosen your perfect match was very romantic to Soobin. He loved the bond his parents shared and he wished to experience a love like theirs.

Around the age of 16, the soulmate mark begins to appear. It comes in various forms: it can be the initials of your soulmate or their full name; it can be a symbol or a drawing, it can be anything.

When Soobin’s mark began to appear on his right forearm, he didn’t know what it was at first. It didn’t look like letters or any symbol known by Soobin. He asked his parents about it and they didn’t know either. He gave up on trying to decipher what it was and just went on with his life.

Being a romantic at heart, Soobin swore to himself to not fall for anyone because he thought it’d be like cheating on his soulmate. But when he got casted to become an idol, he found it hard to keep his promise.

There was this guy who everyone admired, Choi Yeonjun. Yeonjun was a year older than Soobin, very talented but also very nice. He never looked down on anyone, on the contrary, he tried his best to help other trainees to improve. The first time Soobin met him, he made Soobin feel at ease almost instantly, complimenting him on his looks and cracking some jokes. Soobin wasn’t blind and he found Yeonjun very handsome and attractive but he did his best to keep his distance. He couldn’t have a crush on Yeonjun, he had sworn to himself to not fall for anyone but his soulmate. But it didn’t go as planned, of course not.

They were put in the same group and began to spend a lot of time together as they lived in the same apartment with the other members. They ate together, slept together, they did everything together. As days passed, all the boys became closer and especially Yeonjun and Soobin. Soobin discovered Yeonjun was very touchy and even more with people he appreciated. All the members quickly got accustomated to Yeonjun’s touchy personality but Soobin felt like Yeonjun always went over-board with him. He didn’t mind it, he liked the affection and he knew Yeonjun liked playing with his soft and stretchy skin. But soon, they debuted, got closer and closer and Soobin developed feelings for Yeonjun.

Soobin had become the leader someway and sometimes, he needed moral support. He couldn’t really ask the younger members because he wanted to be there for them, not the other way around. The safe way to go was talking with Yeonjun. He was older and a good listener, always finding the right words. But Soobin was soft, too soft, and he found himself falling hard and fast for Yeonjun.

It was during Magic era that Soobin’s mark completely appeared. When he woke up in the morning, his forearm was burning and as he looked down at it, he found a drawing of a fox on his skin. He didn’t think much of it and it wasn’t like he had the time to dwell on it anyway. Soobin told s first and they were all happy for him, asking to see it before they had to leave for their first schedule of the day. The staff congratulated him about it before having to cover it up with foundation – they couldn’t let the fans see it, it would cause such a commotion.

The next time Soobin actually has time to think about his mark is at the end of the promotions. After a shower, as he’s about to put a t-shirt on, he spots it on his arm and sits down to look at it in details. It is, as Soobin already knew, a drawing of a fox. It looks very familiar to Soobin, as if he had already seen that drawing somewhere. The drawing looks really cute, the fox is smiling and it reminds Soobin of someone but he can’t recall who at the moment. Just then, the door opens to reveal Yeonjun.

“Soobin-ah!” he says, before stopping in the tracks.

“Yeonjunie hyung, what’s up?” Soobin asked, looking up towards his hyung to see his face flushed red. “Are you okay?”

Yeonjun keeps silent for a few seconds before collecting himself.

“Yes, I just wanted to ask you if you’d like to watch a movie with me.” the older replied, walking closer to Soobin to sit beside him.

“Oh, yes, I’d love to! I was actually wondering what I’d do now that we’re done with promotions.” Soobin replied, finally putting his t-shirt on. Soobin looked back at his mark and Yeonjun did the same.

“Is that your mark? Can I see it again, please?” he asked.

“Um, yeah, I guess.” Soobin replied, a bit confused by the request. He still held his arm out for the older.

He stared at it for some time before leaning his face closer to the mark, his brows furrowing.

“What’s this?” he asked.

“It’s a fox, hyung.”

“I see that. I’m talking about the little star just above the fox’s left ear.”

“What?” Soobin asked, leaning down to look at the mark himself.

There was indeed a little star right above the fox’s head but it wasn’t a normal star; this one had seven branches.

“It’s got seven branches, hyung. Do you know what it means?” Soobin asked, looking at his hyung.

The latter looked shocked, his mouth hanging open.

“Hyung? What’s wrong?”

Yeonjun didn’t answer but brought his left foot to himself, taking his sock off. On his ankle was the drawing of a cute little bunny and right above his right ear was the same star as on Soobin’s arm.

“Soobin-ah…” Yeonjun began, his eyes still fixed on his mark.

“Hyung, why-why do you have the same star on your mark?” Soobin asked, unable to stop himself from asking but dreading the answer.

“You know why.” Yeonjun quietly answered, finally looking up at Soobin.

The younger couldn’t decipher what Yeonjun was thinking as he stared at his face. He couldn’t think anymore. The only thing he could think of was that it meant Yeonjun was his soulmate. His other half, the person the universe had chosen for him. The fact that his love interest was actually his soulmate made Soobin dizzy. He closed his eyes, trying to gather his thoughts.

“Are you okay? Why aren’t you saying anything?” Yeonjun asked, putting his hand on Soobin’s shoulder. The latter jumped at the touch, his eyes immediately opening.

“It’s just… I can’t believe it.” Soobin said, not daring looking at Yeonjun.

“I feel the same. I’m sorry.” Yeonjun apologised.

“Why are you apologising?”

“I’m sorry to be your soulmate. I know you don’t like me this way and that’s okay. I just have to get used to the fact that my soulmate will never reciprocate my feelings.” Yeonjun admitted, his voice wavering.

Soobin looked up at Yeonjun, not quite understanding what he was trying to say.

“Your feelings?” Soobin asked, confused.

“Yeah, my feelings for you Soobinie. You probably have not noticed but I’m in love with you.” Yeonjun replied.

A beat passed and Soobin laughed. His eyes became so small he almost couldn’t see Yeonjun anymore and his cheeks hurt from how wide he was smiling. He threw his head back, a loud giggle escaping his lips.

“Hyung, I tried so hard not to fall in love with you because of my soulmate but the fact that you are my soulmate… It’s crazy.” Soobin explained.

“What? You… You’re in love with me?” Yeonjun slowly asked, staring at Soobin who was trying to control his laughter.

“I am. I love you hyung.”

Yeonjun beamed and hugged Soobin tight, loving the way the younger’s arms naturally went to his waist.

They stayed like this for some time before Soobin broke their embrace.

“Wait. So, we’re in love with each other and soulmates. But we’re in the same group. What are we supposed to do?” Soobin asked, Yeonjun’s hands in his.

“I think we better tell the others. They need and deserve to know.” Yeonjun said and Soobin nodded.

“You’re right. Let’s go… soulmate.” He said, laughing.

“Are you going to say it every time now?” Yeonjun asked, finding the younger cute.

“Of course! I’m so happy to have you as my soulmate!” Soobin replied, making Yeonjun blush and reply something that went like “imhappierthanyoushutupiloveyou”.

 

“So, what you’re telling us is that you’re each other’s soulmate?” Taehyun asked.

“Yes.” Soobin and Yeonjun answered together.

“I’m happy for you but I have one question though.” Hueningkai began. “What if you don’t get along? I mean, the universe brought you together but sometimes it ends very badly. What if you get into a big fight and it affects our team? What if your bond gets broken?”

Yeonjun briefly looked at Soobin and replied.

“It won’t happen. I’m sure that our bond will never get broken. Soobin is the person I care the most for in the whole world and I know he feels the same. We’ll probably get into some fights but even if we weren’t soulmates it’d be the same. I often get into fights with Beomgyu and it never lasts for long.”

“I know but what if–” Hueningkai tries.

“I have an idea.” Beomgyu cuts him and everyone turns to him. “Jungkook and Jimin hyungs have been together for a couple of years now, they’re soulmates too. Maybe you could ask them how they deal with everything?”

“That’s actually a great idea.” Soobin said, turning to Yeonjun. “You know we can both be very stubborn and I don’t think that our bond will ever get broken but every relationship is the same, just because we’re soulmates doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t take care of each other.” He explained and Yeonjun nodded.

“You’re right. I’ll text Jimin hyung and ask if him and Jungkook hyung are free to talk.” Yeonjun said, taking his phone out.

 

“So, why did you want to see us?” Jungkook asked as him and Jimin sat down in front of Yeonjun and Soobin in the Hybe cafeteria.

“Well, we’ve discovered we’re soulmates.” Soobin said.

“That’s wonderful! I knew you’d make a great couple!” Jimin said, smiling widely.

“Thanks.” Soobin replied, blushing. “We told the members and we began to wonder what would happen if in the end we don’t get along. How do you do when you get into fights?” he asked.

“Firstly, you did well by telling your members right away. Secondly, as we get older we rarely get into fights anymore. But the most important thing is talking it out with the members.” Jungkook explained.

“He’s right. Let’s say Yeonjun-ssi gets jealous because Soobin-ssi is too close to another guy. Instead of fighting about it, sit down altogether with the other members and talk it out.” Jimin added.

“With the other members too?” Yeonjun asked. “But doesn’t it increase the chances of discord in the team?”

“We’ve tried and it doesn’t. Trying to solve any problem you face between just the two of you can hurt the teamwork. Getting an outsider’s point of view is actually very helpful since they’re not emotionally involved. It can help to keep you level-headed and not get into an ugly fight and possibly say things that you’d regret.” Jimin explained.

“Did… Did something like this happen to you?” Yeonjun shyly asked, afraid that he’d be overstepping.

“It did. It was before we told the others. I’m kind of the jealous type and because I couldn’t stay calm and try to talk it out, I said very bad things that I didn’t mean at all. I’ll forever feel sorry about it.” Jungkook said, looking apologetically towards Jimin.

“It’s okay, babe, I forgave you and you should do the same.” the older said, taking his boyfriend’s hand and kissing him on the kiss.

“Thank you so much for the advices. I think it will really help us.” Soobin said, getting up.

“You’re welcome. You can text us anytime you’d like, even just to chat. I think we’ll soon treat you all guys to some barbecue. We love spending time with you. We’ll probably invite the Enhypen buddies too and make Shi Hyuk hyung pay.” Jungkook said, making the youngers laugh while Jimin smiled and rolled his eyes.

“I’d just like to add something else before we part ways.” Jimin began. “Just because you are soulmates doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t keep the flame alive. Routine can kill a couple, no matter if you’re soulmates or not. You can spend some time just the two of you but you should also learn when to give each other some space.”

“Thank you so much.” Yeonjun said.

“See you!” Jimin said, dragging Jungkook behind him as he continuously waved at the younger couple, unwilling to go away.

As Yeonjun and Soobin went back to their practice room to talk with the others, they talked about it.

“It was a very enriching talk. I was a bit surprised to hear that they solved their own problems with the others though.” Soobin said.

“I was too but then I remembered that PD-nim always encourage us to talk everything out when we get into fights or get so tired we don’t want to do anything anymore.” Yeonjun stated.

“You’re right, it’s actually pretty logical.”

“I also loved how Jimin hyung told us how important it is to keep the flame alive. it’s exactly the same thing you told me before we met with them.”

“I think he’s right. A lot of soulmates fall out of love or see their bond break because they think being soulmates is enough for them to last forever.”

“I’ll never let us fall into a routine. I love you, Soobinie.”

“I love you too, hyungie.”