One

Butterfly Effect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]01[/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2]"He is a Kim."[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3] The black limousine parked and the driver got out of it to open the door for the important passenger. All of the neighbors were looking at them since they had never seen such a thing. A young boy got out of the car and wore his sunglasses immediately. "Young master, let me help you carr-"

"I don't need help!" He tightened his grab on his bag. The boy walked to the house and walked upstairs while all the servants and maids bowed, saying welcome. 

"Junmyeon oppa!" A girl ran down to him. "Welcome!"

He smiled thinly. "Hello Soyeon-ah." He whispered. "How are you?"

"Super! I'm super happy that you are here."

"I'm not... where's auntie?"

"Mom and dad are out, but grandma is waiting for you!" He nodded as he followed his cousin to his grandmother's room. Soyeon knocked.

"Yes?"

"It's me, Soyeon. Junmyeon oppa is here."

"Come in." They walked in and Soyeon bowed politely. "Where are your parents, Junmyeon?"

He smirked. "They are too busy to bring me here themselves, I'm alone." 

"Still like your childhood. Aren't you going to behave correctly?"

"What am I doing right now? I do behave correctly grandma. Don't blame me because your son and daughter-in-law don't give a what to come here and meet you!"

"Oppa!" Soyeon whispered. 

"Rude!" She stood up. "The only reason why I don't slap you is your disease."

Junmyeon frowned, he hated to be an object of pity so he walked closer. "If that's your reason, then slap me."

The old woman closed her eyes and breathed deeply before opening them. "Junmyeon... I know that it's not your fault... come here." She held him in an embrace tightly and he hugged her back. 

"I missed you, even though they don't."

His grandmother nodded as she pulled out of the hug. She cupped his face and started analyzing it. It had been four or five years that they hadn't met. Even for family celebrations her stupid son made an excuse not to come. "You've grown up, how old are you now?"

"Seventeen." He said. 

"The last time I saw you, you were twelve. You're a complete man now... look at your masculine body... you've become taller too. Soyeon, he was too short back then. I was scared he'd stay like that forever." The girl giggled. "Junmyeon, I told one of my maids to be only at your service. She will help you with anything and also take care of you... ok? Listen to her."

"You know I don't listen to anyone grandma."

"That's why I'm asking you to do so!"

"Fine." He bowed his head before walking out. Soyeon followed. "Do you know that maid?"

"She's older than us... she needs money so she works for our family. Her name's... oh, there! She's waiting for you in front of your room's door!" She pointed at the girl.

"You can leave Soyeon."

"Junmyeon oppa, don't bother her, she's a good girl."

"Ok, go!" He ordered. Junmyeon was used to ordering. That made him look a little bit scary and selfish. His cousin knew him well so she didn't become sad or angry and just left. He walked to the girl who was standing there.

When the maid saw him, she bowed. "H-Hello young master. Welcome." She looked down.

"Thanks." He lowered his head. "Look at me." She didn't move. "Rule number one, I will not repeat an order. I said look at me!"

She looked into his eyes. "Yes sir."

"What's your name?"

"Im Nayeon."

"Im Nayeon..." He whispered. "Let's go in, Nayeon."

"Yes sir." She opened the door for him and stayed aside. Junmyeon walked in immediately. His room was clean, big and beautiful. There was a balcony too. In front it, an orange tree could be seen and the sunlight came through its leaves.

"Nayeon, how old are you?"

"Eighteen."

He nodded. "And you want to take care of me?" Junmyeon laughed. "Ah," He touched his chest.

"Sir, are you ok?"

"Yes." He sat on his bed. "Rule number two, you are here whenever I want you to be here. Not always."

"But lady Kwon said th-"

"Rule number three, lady Kwon should not understand about our rules. If she does, I'll become angry and I'm sure you don't want to make me mad."

"Yes sir."

"Do you have a phone?" She nodded. "Give it to me." Nayeon handed him her old fashioned phone. "This..." Junmyeon dialed a number so his phone started ringing. "Now, you have my phone number. You have to answer me in any situation, no matter what. Got it?"

"Yes sir."

"You can leave."

She bowed. "Yes."

Junmyeon lay down on his bed. He closed his eyes. "I hate here..." He rolled onto his stomach and took his phone to call someone. "Ah, Minho..."

"Junmyeon! Are you having fun?"

"What the hell? I didn't even want to come here! I don't like this village at all!"

"Fine, but it's for your own's sake!"

"I rather die..."

"Hey! Don't say that! Then who should I do crazy things with?"

Junmyeon chuckled. "Ok, ok Minho... just, please come here to meet me. It's summer holidays, please?"

"Ok. I will. Stay strong, ok?"

"I am strong... see you."

"Take care!"

■■■

Junmyeon was sitting at the table with his aunt's family and grandmother. "Junmyeon, are you going to attend summer classes?" Yoo Jaesuk, his aunt's husband asked.

"No."

"Oppa, please come with us, it will be fun." Soyeon said.

"Yes oppa, please, please, please!" Jeongyeon started pleading. 

He sighed, she was like the younger sister he never had. Of course Jeongyeon was his weakness. "What is it about, Jeongie?"

"School subjects and art. Music, drawing, making handicrafts, singing, dancing... um, they have acting too, right?"

"Right..." Soyeon said. "You are good at playing different roles so, why not?"

"Ok. I'll ask Nayeon."

"Nayeon?" Jeongyeon asked. "She is just a maid. Is her opinion important?"

"Yes, because she's grandma's spy."

"Junmyeon..." Mrs. Kwon whispered. 

"Whatever, Nayeon couldn't pay for the classes and now that you are going there, she'd be happy to accompany you." His aunt informed. 

"Everyone is poor in this village?"

"Not everyone, but majority of people are." Jaesuk said while eating. "Don't worry, they won't dare to bother you."

"I hope so..."

■■■

The next day, Junmyeon went out of the house sneakily. He took out his phone to call Nayeon. After thirty seconds, she answered. "Hello?"

"Yah! Haven't you saved my number?"

"Sir, it's six AM, don't you sleep?" She said before yawning. "And don't you know I'm older than you? Don't say yah to me!"

He rolled his eyes. "Come on Nayeon, I need your help." He whispered. "I don't know here very well. You have to show me this stupid village!"

"Why don't you ask your cousins?"

"They are sleeping! Are you going to disobey?" He shouted angrily. 

"Fine, I'll be there." She ended the call.

Junmyeon looked around, the village seemed scary at that time of the day. Though he had to know more about that crazy village. "It's cold..." He started jogging. "Cold, cold, cold..." 

After fifteen minutes of spending time in cold, windy weather, Nayeon came, running to him. "Hello!" She smiled.

"Let's go..."

"Hey wait!" He turned to her. "You have to wear something warm."

"It's summer, you silly!"

"It doesn't mean the mornings are hot."

He took a deep breath before growling. "I don't do what I don't like to do!" The boy started walking and Nayeon followed him. They saw different places in the village. Church, school, theater, market and rice paddies and the ocean. It was nearly nine when they finished visiting all of them. "I'm hungry."

"I don't have money tho..." Nayeon whispered. "I mean, I don't have enough money to buy something for you." She corrected. 

Junmyeon searched his pocket and took out his wallet. "Here, is it enough?" He held his money in front of her eyes. "Buy something for yourself too."

She got the money and walked to the supermarket. The boy put his headphones on. "Life is tiring..." He murmured as he searched for a song. "This is..." He played 'Red Flavor'.

"Ppa-ppa-ppalgan mat, gunggeumhae honey
Kkaemulmyeon jeomjeom nogadeun strawberry geu mat
Corner candy shop chaja bwa baby
Naega jeil joahaneun geon yeoreum geu mat..." He started singing along.

Suddenly he smashed into a bike and it fell down right in front of him. He took off his headphones and was about to pick it when a girl ran out of the shop. "Oh no!" She knelt down. "My eggs..." She looked at the basket. "They are broken..." She started crying.

"Yumi!" Nayeon ran out of the store and helped her stand up. "Are you ok?"

"Why did you do that?" The girl asked. "My eggs are broken." She showed him the basket which was full of broken eggs.

"It's not my fault!" Junmyeon said with a frown. "Don't shout at me."

"It was! I saw you hit my bike! Are you blind?!" She sobbed.

"How dare yo-"

"Junmyeon!" The elder girl whispered in his ear, holding his arm.

"What should I do now..." She said. "You must be responsible for what you did."

"What did I do?!"

"No, no, no... please sir." Nayeon stood between him and the girl. "Your heart..." She whispered before turning to the girl. "Yumi, he's a Kim."

Her eyes widened. "Kim Jennie or Mr. Kim Minseok?"

Hearing their literature teacher's name, she frowned. "None!" Yumi jumped by her sudden explosion. "He's lady Kwon's grandson!"

"Oh, I should have guessed that. He's so rude, that makes sense."

"How dare you?" Junmyeon was about to slap her that Nayeon stopped him. "Get lost, little girl!"

She steppe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter