Interlude: Everything will be fine

Serenity (I'll be there)

Song: 'Forever' by aespa


So that you can live
In happiness and love forever
I’ll always stand by your side
Always just like now


The children arrived in the clearing, having searched for Jongdae everywhere they could before looking around in the forest.  They stopped to find Irene and other people gathering around, but none of them were Jongdae.

“Where’s Jongdae?” asked Winwin as they approached Irene.

“Jongdae had to go home, sweetie.” replied Irene.

“But why?” asked Winter.  “This is home!”

“It is home for everyone who has already lived their full lives.  Jongdae still has much of his life left to live, and he has people down there who need him.  That’s why he had to go back.”

“But he said he’d come back to us!  He promised!” pouted Ningning, whose lip trembled and she was ready to cry.  Winter pulled her into her arms and her head.

“And he will come back, once he is ready.  Time flies very fast in this place, he’ll be back with us in no time.  There is no need to worry, my dear.” Irene comforted the kids.

“You sure?” asked Mark, who was trying to console a crestfallen Winwin.

“Of course I’m sure!” reassured Irene, who smiled fondly and Mark’s hair.  “He will definitely come back.  They always do.  We just need to be patient.”

Meanwhile, Suho went to find Minseok who was sitting by the lake on a boulder, watching the sunlight scintillating across its ripples.  Minseok heard his footsteps approaching, but didn’t turn to see who it was, even when the footsteps stopped and Suho sat beside him.

“Do you think he’ll be fine?” Minseok asked.

“I know he’ll be fine.”  replied Suho, who draped a comforting arm around Minseok’s shoulders.  “He has you.  He’s truly lucky to have someone like you loving him.  And he also has many people down below looking out for him.  As long as he’s not alone, anything will be possible for him.” he smiled at him reassuringly.

Minseok smiled back at Suho before he turned to look at the ring on his finger that glinted in the sunlight, and sighed.

“I truly hope so.”

🕊✨🕊


Ningning, sweetie, don't cry 🥺🥺