Chapter 1: Saviour

Chance upon You

"General, you can't do this. Your one life is more precious compared to all our lives compared!" A group of soldiers were in turmoil as they were totally trapped inside the enemy territory. They should not have underestmiated them as they have been attacked from all directions and lost a great deal of men from their side. 

"It's better than all of us dying together in here, listen to me here, it's not like i'm going to die. I need to distract them so that you can escape safely and report the situation to the palace as soon as possible or else none of us will be able to get out of here alive in any way." The said general knew that it's not going to be easy to escape without losing any more lives in the way, his only plan is to distract the enemy while he asked his group of reliable soldiers to run the other way. 

"But...."

"It's an order!" He commanded with full authority since he must show that he's confident enough that this will work. Deep down, it's going to be tough trying to make his way across while those enemy dogs follow him around. "Be safe, you soldiers are our last hope." He flashsed his one last everything-is-going-to-be-fine smile before running towards the opposite direction as the footsteps of the enemy group becomes louder.

He ran fast not caring about his ragged breaths or the chest pains shotting through him from the intense battle earlier, he knew that he must also make it out of here alive. He never stopped as the enemies scream at him while they followed him with full excitement of what's to come, his footsteps leading him deeper into the woods and before he knew it, he ended up at the high cliff with only the strong water currents behind telling him that he has no escape. Nevertheless, he never falters, his face still showing the full bravery. 

"Today's going to be our lucky day, guys!" The guy who seem to be the leader of the group stepped up with a loud laughter. "To see General Wang Ka Yee trapped in our hands, how noble of you to distract us to let your men escape while you're here about to die in our hands. You people will pay for messing with us and your dead body will be the prime example of why they should not underestimate us." 

Ka  Yee retrieved further behind once the group steps forward, he knows that he won't be able to fight through all of them with his broken sword. The only thing that is still strongly protecting is his armour adorning on his body. He breathes out with a sigh as he thought about his friends and his parents for one last time followed by a wide grin on his face which confused the group in front of him.

"I guess today's not your lucky day. You know why? Cause you will never capture me alive." He jumped straight down from the cliff into the water body knowing well that he would not be able to swim in this strong current with his injuries but he's not going to surrender in front of those men like a coward. He would rather fight for his life in the water rather than being on his knees to beg for his life. 

He winced from the pain and the tireness from the arm seeped in once he moved his joints to swim, it didn't take long for the man to lose all his strength and start to drown. Ka Yee closed his eyes as he felt his consciousness drifting away from him. ah so my life is going to end here at this endless body of water. I'm sorry, everyone.

////////////////////////////////////

"Niang (That's how they called mother in ancient China), it's fine. You don't have to follow me the whole day into the forest to collect herbs. You know that it's going to be a very tiring whole-day trip and you are now as agile as when you were young." Tuan Yi En has been sighing for several times in a single day  cause his mother would not just let him go for herb collection unless she can follow. It's not that he doesn't want her to come with him, he just wants his mother to rest and do lighter jobs at their own place. 

"How dare you call me old?" Madam Tuan slaps her son's arm with a frown on her face since he kept stopped her from herb collection trips for the past few months. "It hurts," Yi En pouted although it doesn't really hurt, "Niang, I just want you to relax and think about this, when you are gone, who will take care of the house. Jie Jie is not at home and you know You Qian(有謙_Yes, that's our baby Yugyeom) too, he's not that mature enough to run this household with you gone for the day."

"Yi En, you are too uptight and too harsh on your younger brother. You still see him as a baby but he's actually more capable than you think." 

"Sure, niang." Yi En sarcastically replied which earned him another slap from his mom. "I will go there alone okay? I need some alone time for myself while I do my work and you know that I can defend myself properly." 

"Fine, fine, young man. You better reach back home before dinner. " 

"Yes, I will be back as soon and safe as possible." Yi En flashed one last smile at his mom before he climbed over his beloved horse, Xiao Feng. "Let's go for the herbs, shall we?" He rubbed his fingers on Xiao Feng's mane lovingly as he softly whispers. It didn't take long for the Xiao Feng to gallop into the distance once he hears the words from his master. 

//////////////////////////////

Yi En groaned as he felt the incoming backpain from walking and looking for the herbs for hours, being a doctor seems like a fabulous job with great honour, but collecting the herbs is really gonna kill his back one day. No matter how tough it is, he's the only one good and healthy enough to do this tough job while Youjian is at running other errands. One glance at Xiao Feng and he knows that it's time for them to take a rest by the river, it has always been their resting point. The sound of the water flowing and the birds chirping make him feel the tranquility where he can finally escape from his busy life. It's not that he hates people, he just needs a bit of his own peaceful time to recharge himself. 

The louder the sound of water currents, the closer he is to his favourite place and it's already putting both him and Xiao Feng in a good mood. They both jog towards the source of water delightfully, Yi En swears that he totally loves the refreshing feeling of splashing his face with the cold water. He quickly scooped up the water in his palms and brought it to his face, followed by a satisfied moan from his mouth. He looked up to see the expected reaction of Xiao Feng, instead, his horse walked further away from him. 

"Xiao Feng, where are you going?" He called out just to get ignored. 

"Xiao Feng? Are you angry at me? I know that it took longer than usual to get the herbs and...." He stood up to follow his beloved pet who's totally not looking at him and kept making noises. He panicked once Xiao Feng started to walk faster, "I promised I will treat you to a good hay..". His words stopped when Xiao Feng finally looked at him after stopping near the water again. It started making snorting noises until he looked down and saw a man in the shallow water. His footsteps nearly halted when he saw the armor on the man with multiple wounds, lots of thoughts came into his head. What if this man is from the rebel or the imperial army? What if he's.. The times are not good in the main capital city with the civil wars going on and he does not want to bring in burden to his peaceful life and town by helping those out? Although he claimed himself as a neutral person, he really does not like to get involved in these political wars.

He's not sure if it's his doctor instinct or just being humane, but he immediately went towards the unknown man facing downwards in the water. He took off the heavy armors on his body so that it's not too heavy for him to drag the man out of water. He crouched down despite his aching back and drag the man towards the dry land. He put his hand on the man's chest and felt his anxiety rising when he cannot feel it "Come on, please be alive." He tried to put his face down on the chest area to try and listen with his ear this time again. He was about to give up until he could hear the faint heartbeats, "he's still alive." 

However, he's not breathing properly when he tried to feel the pulse on this soldier's hand. Both of his hands were on the unconscious man's chest trying to pump out the water and it did not take long until the man started to cough out the water from his mouth. Yi En's anxious eyes were met with a pair of dark eyes looking back at him until the man lost his consciousness again. He tried to shake him up but to no avail, but he felt relieved that he's finally breathing again. He looked at Xiao Feng with a look of pity and guilt, "I'm sorry that you have to go through all this in one day. But you will have to carry this man back and his armor." 

Xiao Feng lowered his body down so that his master can carry the unconcious man onto him. Yi En decided to bring the armor back instead of leaving a trace of someone from war, I guess I will just hide it in my room and give it back to him when he leaves. I don't want to worry others.

What he didn't know what that the same person whom he had saved would save him back many times.

Author's Note: Okay, guys. First chapter is out!!! It's a super short chapter but no worries, new chapters will be a lot longer. I am sorry for not uploading due to my writer's block. But I am finally back and hope you all enjoy this. Well, Yi En's little brother is our maknae Kim Yugyeom (You Qian)! I have decided to add GOT7 members unlike my initial plan. But the only romance couple would be Markson and please don't expect lots of scenes of other members since I want to focus on main couple, so i'm sorry T_T. Since you guys might be confused about why Yi En tried to hide Jia Er's armor, it's actually a civil war time in this fictional country of China. So trying to save an unknown soldier and keeping them at their house might be dangerous especially if the soldier is from rebel army. Yi En's family also might be in danger as well if they are associating with a rebel, but Wang Jia Er is a general so don't worry, hehe. Moreover, Yi En is very protective of his family so he's gonna do anything to keep his family safe and sound. Hope to see you all soon.