Chap 8: Confusion

Chance upon You

Rays of sunshine enter the bedroom for the first time in a few days due to the heavy rain. Yi En can feel the heat across his face as the sun starts to rise in the day. He turned his body to the side just to find out that certain man from yesterday is no longer on his bed. He wanted to scream at the thoughts of everything that happened the day before.

Thankfully, his body seemed to be lighter compared to his yesterday self. At least, Jia Er isn’t there right next to him, or else he wouldn’t really know how to face the man with his flushed face. He shook his head to shake away all the confusing thoughts, trying his best to stretch his body on the bed.

He made small steps towards the door after grabbing the piece of cloth to clean himself and made his way to the take a fresh bath. The longer he lingers in the bedroom, the worse his thoughts become. The whole time, his eyes were alert in case he might have come face to face with Jia Er. However, gods were on his side as did not get to see Jia Er at all this whole morning.

Nevertheless, avoiding Jia Er is not an easy task, at one point, he might still have to meet him especially when dining together with his family members. He wanted to eat in his room in peace, but his unconscious mind was hinting at him that he still wants to see Jia Er. It was starting to take over him as his feet take him to the dining hall with his family.

All sorts of thoughts fill him up thinking about Wang Jia Er, will he react the same as him, or will he show the same teasing smile like things never happened before. Even if Jia Er asked him to forget about what happened, he will never be able to forget it. After all, his mind and body were all humiliated and dragged to the lowest of the low after being rescued like some helpless victim.

As a man of strong ego, this was driving him mad more than ever. It didn’t take long for him to be standing in front of the dining hall as he finally tried to wear a fake smile on his face and joined the table. There he is, the source of his trouble, gobbling up the food and cracking jokes in front of his family unlike the serious man who was in his bed a day ago.

“Ge, what’s on your mind? You haven’t been really touching the food.” You Qian worriedly asked as the whole table could feel the distress aura emitting from the Tuan Shao Ye.

“You haven’t been uttering a single word, are you feeling fine? Do you want to take a proper rest, today? Niang will ask your assistant to go back home today if work getting too tiring for you.” Tuan Furen also joined in, it’s not everyday to see her elder son feeling down like this.

Questions from his family who are worried about him make him snap out of his crazy thoughts again, he felt guilty that he was bringing the mood down for everyone. “I’m okay, it’s just that I just woke up not too long ago.”

“If you need help or someone to talk to, just let it out, okay?” You Qian shows a thumbs up at his brother with a smile. Since the person himself is not willing to share, he just let it be. Nothing good will come out from forcing his brother.

Yi En lifted his head up as he felt a pair of eyes staring at him, it was no other than Jia Er who went back to eating as soon as their eyes met again. He felt a pang in his heart since the latter talked to everyone with joy except him, it was as if Yi En is non-existent in his heart.

Once the lunch was over, he find himself following Jia Er secretly as he hid behind everytime Jia Er looked back. He has not arranged what kind of words to tell Jia Er, but he needs to know why Jia Er just stopped talking to him and being cold to him to the point that he stopped making eye contact. Finally, he snapped out of his thoughts again to follow Jia Er, but he was nowhere to be seen. He blamed himself for not paying attention to his mission as he sighed.

Suddenly, a pair of hands hold onto his shoulder which made him use his signature move to throw that person down whenever he gets a jumpscare. This time, it didn’t work as the other person quickly reverse his move and grab his whole body into his chest. “Why are you following me? What are you planning this time, Tuan Shao Ye?” Jia Er chuckled as he slowly loosened his grip on Yi En’s body.

Yi En felt himself relaxed, when he could finally get the attention from the other man. “I wa..wasn’t follo..owing you. You must have been mistaken!” He quickly stepped back as he gulped down, oh well, he needs to improve on telling lies. His heartbeat starts to shot up as he stares into the deep dark eyes of Jia Er while all the words to counter back at him flew out of his mind to the sky.

He closed his arms and softly muttered while his head lowered down since he could no longer maintain intense eye contact with Jia Er, “Why were..er you..ign/?”

“Sorry, what? Can you repeat it again?” Jia Er got closer to his face as his voice gets softer and softer.

“igno..”

“What are you trying to say Yi En, I’m going to get closer and closer until we kiss if you don’t say it out loud,” Jia Er chuckled as shades of red spreads across Yi En in a few seconds. Yi En pushed him away as he quickly shouted the question he’s been dying to ask the whole morning,

“I SAID, WHY WERE YOU IGNORING ME THIS WHOLE MORNING UNTIL NOW? WHY ARE YOU ACTING LIKE YOU DON’T CARE ABOUT ME AT ALL AS IF YESTERDAY WASN’T A HUGE DEAL FOR YOU? I HATE IT SO MUCH THAT I WAS GOING CRAZY OVER THIS WHILE YOU WERE JUST ACTING LIKE NOTHING HAS HAPPENED!”

He was screaming from the top of his lungs as he was starting to get frustrated, even after they both agreed to forget about it yesterday, he really couldn’t forget it, not even a fragment of his memory.

“Yi En. it’s not like that.” Jia Er stopped chuckling as he slowly gripped onto his closed arms, “I just didn’t want to make you feel uncomfortable if I was acting like I could remember everything. If I knew that it would have made things worse for you like now, I wouldn’t have done this. I’m sorry, I never thought of this as a small matter, I just didn’t want you to feel bad over everything that happened yesterday.”

“THEN, DON’T IGNORE ME. DON’T ACT LIKE YOU DON’T HAVE THOUGHTS RUNNING IN YOUR HEAD THIS WHOLE TIME LIKE ME. IT HURTS THAT THINGS A…” It didn’t take long for Jia Er to hug him over tightly as he could not bear to listen any of Yi En’s words, he really did not know that he had this huge impact on the Tuan Shao Ye for the first time.

“I’m so sorry, I just did not want you to recall all the bad experience you have gone through yesterday. You were drugged by Lan Jia Kun whom you love and even touched by a stranger like me, if that isn’t a painful experience for you, I don’t know that is.” He could feel Yi En’s trembling in his arms as he slowly whispered to soothe him.

“It was the worst, being betrayed,” Yi En gulped. “But what happened next on my bed was never a bad thing for me. I can never replace you, or think about someone else while you were touching me all over. I just couldn’t, Jia Er, what have you done to me?” He pushed the man away, “Shall we talk somewhere private, I don’t want others to see us in this way and misunderstand us.” Jia Er nodded as he respects Yi En’s way of thinking, he grabbed the latter’s hand and took his to his guest room without saying a word at all. It was obvious that Yi En wanted the same as he just let Jia Er drag him around without any objection.

“Shall we continue our conversation?” They both were sitting at the table in his guest room after Jia Er closed the door properly behind them. “I wish I could, but words won’t come out. I can feel everything fully inside my body but I just can’t,” Yi En emptily stared at the corner of the room, he was the one who asked Jia Er to talk with him privately but there was nothing coming out. What was he expecting when he’s in Jia Er’s room, a repeat of the day before but instead it’s in Jia Er’s room.

“I see, relax your fingers now. I’m not going to bite you, you know?” Jia Er smiled softly, in actual, he wasn’t the only one who has no words to speak, he also doesn’t really know how to approach the problem without making sure that things will get uncomfortable for Yi En.

Yi En looked at back his hands, that’s when the realization sink in together with the pain. He has been clutching his fingers so hard that the nails were starting to dig into his palms. He quickly spread his fingers in panic, things were getting more awkward between them, it was uncontrollable.

“I..”

“I..”

They both looked away as they tried to speak up at the same time. Yi En bit his bottom lip, he needs to leave the place quickly, he has no control over his actions and words.

“I will be taking my leave when both of us can finally speak up face to face without any discomfort,” he tried to smile as he made his way to the door. “Wait, Yi En, I just want to say that take it easy. It’s just a unfortunate incident for you, so don’t take it to your heart.”

Yi En quickly turned his head, “Unfortunate?! You think that what happened between us was unfortunate?” He scoffed, “What am I expecting from you anyway?”

He tried to storm off but he was stopped by Jia Er running up in front of him, “Then, stop confusing me. What am I supposed to tell you to make you feel less burden by things that happened? You are giving me all these mixed signals and I’m trying to be on guard to not make things worse between us? Tell me, what is it that you want to hear from me?”

Yi En looked into his eyes as his voice shook slightly, all the words from his heart start to pour out, before he knew it, he couldn’t stop them until it was all over. “I never think of what happened between us to be misfortune or some kind of bad mistake, I am already burden enough but you make it worse by saying things that is hurting my feelings. I don’t know what it is that it’s between us, all I know is that it’s making me go weird and all these thoughts are occupying my mind to the point that I can’t do anything except run into you and do something about it! I don’t know what I want to hear from you in detail but all I know is that I don’t want you to say that things that took place just between us is a bad thing!” He breathed out roughly as all the words left him, he was speaking all fast and it was too late to take them back.

“I need to leave now, staying with you is just a waste of my…” Jia Er grabbed his back for the third time today as their lips met again after yesterday. He could feel himself melting into the soft kiss Jia Er was giving him, there’s this fire burning inside his heart. He put his hand onto Jia Er’s shoulders as if it was something natural while Jia Er start to deepen the kiss.

The kiss got deeper and longer until they both disconnect to breathe again. Jia Er softly touched Yi En’s face without a word as they maintain their eye contact. It took a while for Yi En to get back to his own self as he pushed Jia Er away with full force until he hit the door.

“Oww, it hurts. What was that. Yi En?”

He didn’t say anything as he quickly run away from Jia Er with his heavily beating heart.

Jia Er breathed out with sigh as he pat his painful back, he has really done it while they both were in their right mind but it just seems so wrong, worse than what happened yesterday. Maybe, they both need some time from each other, a long time indeed. 

///////////////////////////

“it’s been over a month and you all are giving up on Ka Yee? We are absolutely not giving up on our son unless you bring his dead body to me!” A man adorned in gold screamed at the top of his lungs, misery has been his friend ever since the day the soldiers come back with the news of his son missing. He refused to believe that his youngest son is gone until he himself could see the corpse with his own eyes.

“We have expanded the search around the area he went missing and yet we still couldn’t find anything.” Zai Fan (Our Leader Nim JB!!)  tried to keep his breathing as stable as possible.

“Have you searched for the whole country? I don’t want to hear anymore excuses. I should not have let him take the place of a general if I had known that we all would be in this much pain,” the older man screamed at him again. “If you can’t find him in a small area, search every state. Don’t think about reporting me that he’s dead, I’m not giving up oh him that easily.”

“We will do that, please give us some more time. We will bring good news for you as soon as possible.” Zai Fan is tired, the palace is a mess ever since his best friend disappeared during the last battle. At this rate, he knows that they might really have to extend their searches to other state. The closest states have been all clearly searched, his wishes of Ka Yee not being washed away by the water has not been fulfilled.

“I will map out the searching area again and make sure to bring him to you.”

Zai Fan quickly made his way to the meeting room with his surbodinates, he has to step up on his searching area, “It’s been a month and we still could not recover the body of the general, there’s not a high chance of him being alive but since we could not find the body as well, we might have to extend our search area. So far, the states we can travel by our horses have all been thoroughly searched, moreover, he’s not in any of the enemy’s hideout so we must not give up.”

“There are a few states we have miss out on searching for him, I am thinking of the fastest route, it will take a few months from now, we will have to sail across the water, we shall only give up when we could no longer find his body at every state in this whole country. Are we clear?” Jin Yao (Jinyoung Oppa!) joined in the conversation, he cannot bear to see Zai Fan going back and forth everyday trying his best to search for the certain Wong Ka Yee. “Our General Wong needs to hang in there..”

“Yes, we are clear!” The rest of the soldiers replied.

///////////////////////////

“Niang, do you think that Yi En Ge is okay? He doesn’t seem fine ever since he went to Lan Ge yesterday. Usually he would be in a very good mood, I’m having doubts.” You Qian sighed.

“Your brother is old enough, I’m sure that he will know how to handle things. I am just thankful that Jia Er is here to lighten things up for all of us. If things keep going on like this, I will talk to him. Right now, he needs a bit of his own time instead of forcing him to talk to us.” Tuan Furen replied, she knows her elder son really well. Yi En is not the type to pour his heart out just because she simply asked him.

She does not really know what happened exactly between them but she can still feel something going on with Yi En and Jia Er especially the way Yi En kept glancing at Jia Er while the latter tried to avoid his gazes. Even if no words were exchanged, there is this strange connection between her son and the young Wang.

“I think there’s something between them, Wang Ge and Yi En Ge since this morning. I can’t really pinpoint it, is it really weird to think that Yi En ge is more interested in Wang Ge rather than his own fiance. Just talking about this is just too inappropriate.”

“You Qian, just leave them be. They both are adults and I am sure they will solve this between each other without us interfering.” Tuan Furen shook her head again, she does not want to think so far into the future, her son has a fiancé but there’s something about Wang Jia Er who’s changing her own son day by day.

Her thoughts were halted by the sound of her servant calling her name, “Tuan Furen! Sorry for the interruption, Lan Shao Ye is here. He said he won’t leave until Tuan Shao Ye agrees to meet him there.”

“Where is Yi En?”

“He just left the house with his assistant to go to his patients’ houses. Lan Shao Ye is screaming at us, please do something about it.” The servant answered back nervously, Lan Shao Ye always assaulted them verbally if things never go his way behind the Tuan people’s back, however, today was the worst.

Tuan Furen and You Qian quickly made their way to where Lan Jia Kun is in a hurry, they have never heard of their servant running up to them like that in panic. They came face to face with the calm smiling Jia Kun as if he wasn’t the one who was screaming and causing problem just now.

“Jia Kun, I heard that you’ve been causing a ruckus just now if you couldn’t see Yi En. Is anything wrong? Yi En just left the manor a while ago.” Tuan Furen asked as calm as possible.

“No, I wasn’t causing that big of a ruckus, I was just nervous at the thought of not seeing Yi En again after he left my place yesterday without a word.” Lan Jia Kun replied back with a fake smile on his face, seems like Yi En’s niang and brother does not know what went down the day before.

“He left your place without a word. That is not possible, Yi En may be quiet but he’s not the type to just leave rudely like this.” Tuan Furan replied in a confused tone.

“I may have ticked him off with some of my words and actions yesterday. Tuan Furan, I cannot bear to lose Yi En because of my insolence yesterday, that’s why I came as soon as I am free to beg for forgiveness from him and his beloved family.” Jia Kun got on his one knee as he bowed his head down, none of the people see his smirking face underneath.

“It is okay, Lan Ge. You don’t have to go this far, come on, quickly stand up. You’re making us feel bad, haha.” You Qian quickly grabbed his future brother-in-law by his arm, he does not really know what happened in detail but he absolutely did not want to see Lan Jia Kun like this.

“Jia Kun, come in and sit with us. Please have some tea and share what happened yesterday with us. Don’t be so sorry, we’re about to be family soon in the future.” Tuan Furan smiled at Jia kun as she leads all of them into the dining place.

The servant from last time made sure to pour the Chinese tea properly this time, she was already scared enough of Lan Jia Kun screaming at him when she accidentally over pour the tea and hurt Tuan Shao Ye, who knows what he will do to him if he’s the one who got burnt instead.

“Are you okay, don’t tense your shoulders too much?” You Qian smiled at the nervous servant. She smiled back softly once she has poured the tea while making sure that her hands do not shake.

“Can you tell us what happened between you two? I am surprised that Yi En would leave your place without a word.” Tuan Furan asked.

“I may have forced him into marriage with me, Furan, you know that I adored Yi En so much that, it is too painful for me to just wait for him for years now. Yi En is not ready but this foolish person tried to talk some sense into him and things turned upside down. I hope that Yi En doesn’t stop liking me for who I am.” He tried to talk as pitiful as he can to fool everyone is the room. If his acting right, they all are going to believe him, he has also gotten rid of the illegal potion from his manor in case Yi En decided to call the authority.

“Aiyah, that kid is very stubborn. I will talk some sense into him. I appreciate the fact that you adore our Yi En, but he is someone whom cannot be forced just because we want to, I will persuade him somehow to forgive you. Since the matter just happened yesterday, I don’t think he will be ready to see you too. Once his mood has become stable again, I will ask him to visit your manor.” Tuan Furan held Jia Kun’s hand into her own, she understands how hard it is to convince someone like Yi En, she nodded her head slowly to signal to Jia Kun that things will be fine.

“Tuan Furan, may I also ask for a favor while I’m here?” Jia Kun continued.

“What is it? I will see if I can help.”

“It is about the person you have saved recently…”

“You mean Wang Ge?” You Qian was confused. Why would Lan Ge asked a favor about someone who has nothing to do with him.

“I know that this sounds really selfish but I really wanted Yi En for myself. During the time I’ve been here, I can sense something from that man, he has something special towards my Yi En and I don’t feel good having him around Yi En. He is just too suspicious.” Jia Kun praised himself mentally as he needs to get rid of that obstacle in his path, he knows that Wang Jia Er was the one who saved Yi En from his yesterday, there’s no way Yi En could have went back to his manor when he’s been drugged with a high dose.

“I understand your worry but I do believe that Jia Er is not the one to cross the line. He is a smart kid who understands boundary, and even if he doesn’t understand any of those and pursue Yi En, things will not work out of him as long as Yi En kept his strong feelings for you. Don’t you worry a thing about Jia Er, he’s a good man.” Tuan Furan smiled although a wave of uneasiness washed over her as well. However, she quickly dismissed the thoughts, there’s not a chance that Yi En would choose Jia Er over Jia Kun.

“But…”

“I am so sorry that we could not really continue our conversation anymore. Both me and You Qian have to go and collect the herbs for our new medicine formulation. Let’s have a nice chat when you come over next time. About Yi En, I’m sure he will forgive you in no time.” She quickly stood up together with You Qian to end the conversation abruptly.

On her way to the medical room, all sorts ot thoughts start to enter her mind, is Yi En in a controversial love triangle with Jia Kun and Jia Er. She does not wish to think any longer, as long as Yi En is happy with his choice, she does not want to interfere.

Author's Note: Well well well, confusing scenerios and feelings. Finally our leader nim JB and savage Jinyoung are finally in the picture. I feel quite bad for both of them cause they themselves aren't even sure about what they are trying to do. I HATE LAN JIA KUN, HE'S A DESPICABLE MAN. Yi En's niang has started to catch up on what's going on between her son and Jia Er, i hope that things turn out for the best! Maybe 1 or 2 more lovey dovey chapters and then angst, T_T. Why did i even sign up to write this? LOLOLOL. Hope you all enjoy the new chapter!!