Chap 3: Confrontation

Chance upon You

"It's quite amusing to see you getting out of the house just to escape from your follower." Rong Zai (Our favourite Youngjae  崔榮宰) teased his senior doctor who is looking annoyed unlike other days. "Stop calling him my follower. Everyday at my place, it's Jia Er this, Jia Er that and now this disease has spreaded to you as well," Yi En clicked his tongue. "So his name is Jia Er? Usually you will just call him annoying Wang or a stranger or that guy, I guess it's a new development." Yi En sighed once again from the non-stop mention of that guy, he did not do anything that bad to deserve that much hatred from him but if only he would stop annoying Yi En, then things would not escalate this fast between them. 

"I have no idea why everyone likes him so much, he talks too much. He always finding ways to crack jokes and always bringing attention to himself." It's true, even the servants giggled whenever they see him, it was getting out of control to the point that he had to take refuge from that man by leaving his house. Of course, he had to lie to his family that there are patients he need to attend to but news spread fast. Even his medical assistant, Rong Zai is starts to talk about the certain man due to the loud mouth of You Qian. 

"That sounds like jealousy..." 

"What! How dare you!" Yi En was shooting death glares at Rong Zai, "what part of that man could make me jealous?" 

"I don't know, you sound like a middle child who is craving for attention from people." That earned him a slap on his head by Yi En, "I DEFINITELY AM NOT JEALOUS. OKAY?" 

"Oww, okay Yi En Ge, I was just joking." Rong Zai slowly rubbed the back of his head, the slap really hurt. "So now what? You are going to stay at my house the whole time on my resting day?" Yi En did not say anything but nod his head with a sheepish smile on his face. 

"Tell me what did he do so wrong that you're like this?" 

"I..just let me take a nap, Rong Zai. I do not wish to indulge in this conversation any further." He turned to his all time favourite habit: sleeping. It let him escape from all the problems temporarily and besides it will at least stop him from thinking so much and get angry. He closed his eyes and what happened a few days ago came back into his mind again. Before he knew it, he was screaming into the floorboard and it scared his assistant who was shaking his head from the sight of Yi En breaking down. 

He flipped his body again and murmured with his eyes closed, "You know, he really does not belong here. He really needs to go away, all he bring is danger to all of us." 

"What do you mean?" Damn, Rong Zai totally heard him. 

"It's nothing, I am going to sleep. Feel free to join me." It was finally turn for Rong Zai to sign, it's hard enough to make Yi En talk trivial stuff but it's harder to understand what he's trying to say. 

//////////////////////////////////////

3 Days Ago, 

"Jia Er, is your body doing better now?" Tuan Furen asked as they all were having lunch together. "Yes, I am doing better day by day. I think I will be able to take off the bandages in next few days and I can also walk better. It's all thanks to you." Jia Er flashed his thankful smiled at her once again which earn an approving laugh from the madam. "You actually do recover fast compared to my other patients, now that you are better, you also talk a lot." 

"Oh no, am I annoying you badly? I will try my best to not talk much," Jia Er was worried at the thought of being a nuisance to the Tuan family, sometimes his overly friendly trait can also be a curse. "No,you are not. I like it that way. It was so quiet before you come here and now it's really lively." She took the piece of meat with her chopstick and passed it to Jia Er's plate. Anyone could see that she has taken a special liking to the young man. "Niang, why don't you just adopt Wang Ge into the family at this point?" You Qian interfered, "He really goes well with all of us." 

Yi En tried his best to not scoff at the scene in front of him as he slowly chewed on his rice, why do people love this guy so much anyway. His thoughts were disturbed again by the loud chuckling from the said man, "It is okay, I have my family to return to but I really appreicate the thought." 

"Wang Ge, don't worry. There's also another way to belong to both your own and Tuan family." You Qian started to giggle wtih a mischievous look on his face, "You can just get married into our family." 

"You Qian, no one wants to marry you with that loud mouth attitude," Yi En spoke up as he was getting annoyed from how the conversation has become outrageous. "I wasn't saying about myself, Wang Ge can get married to you instead. His liveliness will balance out your dry lifestyle." 

"You!" Yi En lifted his hands to throw his chopsticks at his brother until his niang got involved, "Calm down, Yi En. You know how your brother is, just give him a break. Jia Er, I hope you do not mind at my son's joke, he likes to say awkward things at the wrong time." She's already tired and she absolutely does not want any drama at her dining place. 

"No worries, Tuan Furen. I am used to this kind of marriage jokes since I am quite charming," He winked his eye which made the whole table chuckle except Yi En who was going to choke from the amount of cringe he's getting from this guy. Seriously, he liked Jia Er better when he's not speaking unless necessary.

"I am still curious about your family, Jia Er. We have been talking about other things, so back in your city, what do you do?" Tuan Furen asked since she was curious about this young man, at the same time, that earned the attention of her older son who was still pretending that he is not interested at all. Yi En took a sip of water as he can see the slight tension in Jia Er's face expression but if he were to admit it he was amused. He wondered what this talkative man would tell to his family, will he be honest, will he skip the question like he did not hear it or will he lie? 

Ka Yee stopped his movement as he racked his brain on what he should tell the lady, he cannot say that he's a man from war who's taking refuge, there must be something that can help. "Merchants!" The word came out from his mouth louder than he expected, "I mean, my family trade food and it was just normal trading." He praised himself for thinking fast and not stuttering, meanwhile, certain person was continuing the meal with a smirk. 

"So that means you are from a rich family," You Qian can't help but look at Jia Er in awe, Jia er did not say anything but smile as he had no reply for this question. If he says no, that would be lying cause merchants are rich. If he say yes, that would be showing off. "How's the trading at Xiang Jing? You seem like a good merchant since you can socialise a lot with us and even speak our dialect," Tuan Furen's simple question was killing Ka Yee because of the guilt he's feeling inside. 

"Of.of course, it's doing fine. But then due to the rebels showing up these days around out territory, things are not going well." Jia Er rolled up his fist, he's not supposed to talk about the current unrest in the city. He tried to change the topic in case more things slipped out from his mouth but to no avail, "Wang Ge, actually, we have never been to Xiang Jing before, you need to tell us more about yourself and the place. I'm excited to learn more!" Ka Yee has no choice but readied himself for the long tale he has to make up to satisfy the crowd in front of him while speaking as confidently as possible. 

However, for Yi En, Ka Yee was nothing more than a scammer who is dangerous as well and he needs to go back as soon as he recovers. Without eating much, he left the table saying that he's full since he does not want to associate with an arrogant liar who needs to leave for the sake of his family. He will be on his toes as long as that guy is around and with the way people from Tuan household are getting attached to him, it's definitely not good news. 

Years of training teach Ka Yee to be alert at the movement of others and he definitely does not miss the look Yi En was giving him the whole time. He continued the lunch with the other two as he devised a plan to talk to the guy. He's not an idiot, Tuan Yi En definitely knows something about him and he's not going to make things worse. Maybe he has to tell the truth and go back to Xiang Jing soon. 

///////////////////////////////////////

Yi En moaned from the cooling temperature of water hitting his skin, it was the indoor bath pool in the bathing quarter. It was refreshing after a nap at Rong Zai's house and he came back before the dinner time to take a bath. At least, today was a relaxing day for him, he does not have to run any errands, see patients or have to interact with the annoying guy. He wants to keep the interaction to a minimum with someone who has to leave soon. His relax bubble was soon burst once the cheerful yet annoying voice entered the place.

"Wow, what a coincidence to see Tuan Shaoye here. I was also going to bathe," there came the guy with his thin layered of robe smirking at him. It was obviously not a cocincidence, Jia Er grit his teeth. It took him a few days of charming everyone at the household just to look for Tuan Yi En who's pretty much avoiding him at all cost. It was a hard but worth it trying to make everyone love him so that they hand over what that Tuan guy usually do when he comes back home.  

"I am sorry but can you not come back at another time? I am pretty uncomfortable when there's a stranger joining me here," although his face was showing a smile, his voice was totally firm. However, it did not work on the stubborn soldier. "Aiyah, we are both men, what's there to be uncomfortable about? Isn't this the best time to bond while relaxing here?" Ka Yee started to take off his robe which Yi En immediately turn around. 

"You...you..have no sense of shame at all. I told you that I am not comfortable especially with you!" 

"That's why, I'm trying to talk things out with you like brothers, you know?" This time, Jia Er has already took off everything except the short pants he's wearing underneath as a undergarment. "It's okay, we are both men here."

"Being men does not justify invading my personal space, Wang Jia Er." Yi En quickly stood up and grabbed his robe to leave without looking at Jia Er. 
"Wait!" Jia Er grabbed Yi En's hand, however, he's still not looking at him, "I really need to talk to you, I know that you are avoiding me on purpose." 

"I am not, just let me go." Yi En shook his hand off from the strong grab and tried to walk away. 

"I cannot, we need to talk," Jia Er used all the force he had in him to sprang the man back into him which was a wrong move. Before he could stop himself, they both fall back into the water once Yi En's body forcibly hit his own and there was a loud splash. "What was that?!" The usual calm and collected Yi En screamed at Ka Yee the moment they both resurfaced from the water. 

"I did not mean to go this far with you, Tuan Shao Ye, I swear," Ka Yee was mentally cursing himself as he could feel the raging glare from Yi En. "All you do is bring danger around everyone, Wang Jia Er. Just stay away from me and go backt to where you are from!" He pushed the man away cause he knows that he might end up punching Jia Er in the face if this goes on any longer. 

"I am sure that you know something about me and you are avoiding me because of it!" 

"You are absolutely wrong!" 

"No, I'm not. You yourself said I am dangerous. Look, I'm here to negotiate with you so that you are not on guard around me." Ka Yee grabbed Yi En's hand again.

"Can you stop touching me all over? I know that you are clingy but this is inappropriate, Wang Jia Er. I let you stay here and interact with people freely as long as you go back without causing any problem to us but now you are here trying to disturb me even though you know how much I don't like being with strangers!" At this point, Yi En does not care if he hurts anyone's feelings or if anyone from outside could hear them. He just want to get rid of this man in front. 

It did not take long for Ka Yee to let go of his hold but he moved closer to Yi En, "I am really sorry. I am sure that I am a huge disturbance to you and I have to go back to Xiang Jing soon," his voice turn into a husky low tone. "You saw the armour, didn't you ? I am a man from military and yet you saved me so I am really thankful for that. I know that I do not belong here but if possible, can't you just treat me normally like how you do to others?" 

"Why should I? You know that you should not stick around but you lied to my family about what you do. Jia Er, I have nothing against you, I am just plainly worried for the safety of my family." Yi En replied back calmer this time with a whisper. It was suddenly so quiet between them now that they are trying to talk things out. 

"Can you please give me a week to recover? I promise you that I will go once I am properly healed, you have no idea how much those rebels want to catch me alive and I am not travelling alone in my weak state." Yi En did not say anything as he listened, "I do not want you to go through the trouble of avoiding me just because of who I am and I have heard that you have not taken a day off at all. I will always be grateful to you for saving me and you do not have to suffer because of me." The high tension in the air has disappeared once both of the half- men became honest between themselves. 

"We may have started off on the wrong foot, but it is not too late to be on good terms even though there's only a week left for me to stay here." He smiled softly at the man who nodded back at him. "I am glad that we managed to work things out between us and I am finally relieved." Jia Er hugged Yi En to show his enthusiasm which made Yi En immediately push him away with a flustered face,

"What are you doing?!" 

"I was just too excited, I did not mean to make you feel uncomfortable again," Jia Er swears he wants to slap himself cause he did it again. "You never learn, Wang Jia Er." 

"I..i"

"All men from military are hard headed and they only do what they thi....never mind. Enjoy your bath, see you at dinner. Remember, you have a week to recover." Yi En finally managed to walk away as he sighed, seeing Jia Er reminds him of that person. Thankfully, he managed to stop it before Jia Er got more suspicious. 

Ka Yee did not say anything as he tried to decifer the words while he watched Yi En leave the room. Tuan Yi En kept intriguing him to find out more about him but he does not wish to involve any further to not annoy the said man. At least, it's better now that he won't be seeing the annoyed glares at the dinner table if he play his cards right. 

Author's Note: Hmm, well, the sparks between them are not flying yet. It's okay, there will be more exciting things to come. Now that they are on good terms according to Jia Er, we might not see super hostile Yi En anymore, as you know, Jia Er will it up soon though, hehe. I am sure you guys might be wondering who the other guy Yi En is talking about, don't worry, you will find out sooner or later, haha! I hope that this chapter isn's too short for you all. Once again, thank you for reading Chance Upon You and hope to see you guys sooonnnnnnnnn!