Moon Byulyi

TO:
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We lost contact after your graduation. You seemed to have disappeared off the face of this earth. You changed your number, didn’t respond to emails or SNS messages I sent you. 

 

I thought I lost you back then. I couldn't understand what I did wrong for you to leave me like that. So when I saw you standing in my living room, just as chic as when I had first met you, I couldn’t contain my excitement. 

 

You seemed just as shocked as I was, your slightly trembling hands that embraced me were dearly missed. 

 

The dinner we shared that day was so fun, it reminded me of our last days. That wonderful laugh and nose crinkle I never thought I would experience again. 

 

You spoke of how you felt lost back then and decided to study abroad in Japan for your master’s degree. I wished you told me more but I think the presence of my daughter and husband deterred you from spilling everything.

 

I still can’t believe that Yoon Do managed to find you. He only heard through the grapevine of a great math tutor that worked at Lee Academy. Haesoo seems to like you as well, she told me how chic you were. How you make math just a bit more bearable for her. I’m thankful, I really am.

 

The second tutoring session came slowly, my hands nervously opening the door when the doorbell rang. A part of me didn’t think you would show up again, Tuesday had felt like a fever dream.

 

A soft smile formed on your lips, tired eyes greeting me as you stepped inside.

 

“Have you eaten yet? How is work? Why do you look so exhausted?” I withheld the questions I wanted to ask, our relationship not quite there yet. There were many moments we had yet to catch up on so I didn't push it.

 

“Would you like any refreshments?” I ask, the hesitation on your lips made me chuckle. “I’ll bring some anyway”

 

“Thank you”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter