Farewell, J

Between the Past and the Future
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6 August 2015

 

[BREAKING] Jessica Jung Officially Leaves SM Entertainment


SM Entertainment stated, “After much discussion with Jessica, we have decided it best for both party’s future developments to go each other’s way. Please cheer for Jessica who is going to start on a new path.”


Jessica's official statement says, “Hello, This is Jessica. I would like to let everyone know that I have officially terminated my contract with SM after much discussion and both parties have decided to officially go on each other’s way. I cherish all the time I spent with SM and wish the best for the company. I would like to thank all the fans for your love and support. I will also do my best to live up to my fans expectations. I would like to ask you to watch over my new beginning.”

 

 

Klaire lightly threw her phone to the nightstand beside her bed. The iPhone 6 bounced once before meeting its fate on the hard wooden floor with a loud thud. She looked at the phone lifelessly and turned to the other side to hug her pillow. When she exhaled, it could be heard that she was slightly shivering. Funny how something that she had known before was still making her feel so depressed.

 

"Please cheer on Jessica who is going to start on a new path." she murmured with a mocking voice.

 

She knew Jessica leaving was inevitable. What was the point of staying in a company that only cares about money and not the employees' future and happiness anyway. Moreover, Jessica was still not in good terms with her ex-members. If she was really continuing her solo in SM, she would have to meet the girls often and that would certainly be awkward.

 

Klaire knew it was for the best. The singer slash fashion designer could look for a better company, to have a little bit more freedom and didn't have to be reminded of the past all the time. Although deep down Klaire hoped that Jessica didn't have to leave. She knew they could all work things out at one point. Certainly not as Girls' Generation anymore, but at least as friends.

 

More than a decade of friendship shouldn't have just gone down the drain without a fight. All they needed to do was to be left alone in a room to talk, or hit each other for all she cared. She knew there was still hope. She knew because she was a part of that friendship and she knew what kind of amazing people her sisters were and how much they all actually loved each other despite all the fake bond assumptions everyone had been talking about since Jessica's departure.

 

The seven deadly sins did exist. Everyone had Wrath, Greed, Sloth, Pride, Lust, Envy and Gluttony in them. Life was just too cruel sometimes.  It felt like the universe was against all of them being how they used to be again.

 

-

 

The girl in the black hoodie surveyed the basement car park before walking inside the building. She had been here a lot of times. It used to be a place she visited often to a place she did not get to visit anymore, and now was a place she had to be really careful when visiting.

 

The elevator opened to the only residence unit on the floor and as soon as she rang the doorbell, the door opened revealing a certain beautiful brunette.

 

"Hi, Klaire unnie! Come on in." she greeted.

 

"It's been a while, Soojung! How's life?" Klaire smiled at the younger girl while making her way in.

 

"Same old,  same old." Klaire closed the door behind them and offered to put away Klaire's blazer.

 

It was no secret that Klaire adored Krystal. After all, she didn't know a lot of people who could call her ‘unnie’. The company had a huge number of young trainees but Klaire didn't really know them personally. The only female idols younger than her in SM currently are some of the f(x) and Red Velvet members.

 

"I'm so jealous you get to perform in London." Klaire started a conversation while following Krystal to the kitchen. "Tokyo, Seoul, London, New York". She sang a line from 'Mr. Taxi'. "London is the only city we haven't performed in."

 

"Well, it's just a free performance, not an actual concert." Krystal replied non-chalantly. "Water or would you like something from the fridge?" She asked.

 

Klaire helped herself to the refrigerator and grabbed a bottle of banana milk. "Still, it's London!" The girl claimed excitedly. "They have Shake Shack there, by the way." Klaire continued, knowing well what kind of bait to throw.

 

The conversation quickly shifted to London as Krystal excitedly asking Klaire for recommendation of places to visit, and most importantly, where exactly in London could she find Shake Shack. Klaire lived in London for two years because of her father's work, and even after that, her father still had to visit the city every few months or so. Klaire would usually tag along to the business trip if it happened to fall on school holidays. Krystal nodded her head while typing down some of the places mentioned on her phone notes.

 

Klaire took a sip of her banana milk before she scooted closer to the other girl. "So, what is it that you want to talk about?" She asked carefully.

 

The younger girl's smile dropped straight away. She actually invited Klaire over to have a girls' night together as she had the house to herself tonight; her sister was somewhere else doing God knew what. She was thinking maybe they could watch a movie or some awful reality shows, but of course the older girl knew her too well.

 

"I- I just needed a distraction from.. everything, you know." She sighed.

 

"Oh." Klaire moved back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter