A Moment of Anger

Between the Past and the Future
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

30 September 2014

 

It was chaos. Yoona woke Klaire up before her alarm she had set earlier went off. It was only six in the morning. It took a while for her to adjust to her surrounding and to identify the girl who woke her up since the room was still reasonably dark, thanks to the curtain. She couldn’t quite grasp what the older girl was blabbering about but she took the phone that was handed to her. She noticed that it was not Yoona’s phone but Sooyoung’s. The phone was on this strange looking social media she later recognized as Weibo.

 

“I was excited about our upcoming fan events only to shockingly be informed by my company and 8 others that as of today, I'm no longer a member. I'm devastated - my priority and love is to serve as a member of GG, but for no justifiable reason, I am being forced out.”

 

She read that once, twice, thrice, many times, a lot of times, over and over again until Yoona gently tapped on her shoulder, bringing her back to reality. It wasn’t supposed to be this way; they had agreed that the eight of them were going to the fan meeting in Shenzhen and announced later that day that Jessica couldn’t attend due to health reason. And they would hopefully work things out after they came back. Well, maybe they didn’t agree to it, more like the company came up with the plan that according to them was the best solution and forced them to agree with it.

 

‘What the did she do? She was supposed to wait.’ Klaire felt panic crept up her spine.

 

It was a brutal morning. Usually the girls would be fighting over the bathroom and whatnots. Today, they were all seating in daze on that big couch. The couch they bought to accommodate all nine of them. The couch that the size of it soon wouldn’t matter anymore.

 

They had a schedule that day, they needed to be at the boarding gate of the airport in about three hours but no one bothered to get ready. Some of them had not even packed yet. It was going to be a long day. Crossing that road at the airport through all the prying journalists and, holy , the fan meeting. How could they go through the fan meeting this way? They once flew all the way to Australia for a music festival in Sydney and flew back home on the same day, but this short trip to Shenzhen was the most exhausting trip they ever had in their lives, physically and mentally.

 

-

 

1 October 2014

 

The girls got home after the long, tiring trip. Their phones were given back to them after being confiscated for 36 hours. They were allowed to contact their family but were ordered to not get in contact with anyone else, especially a certain someone named Jessica Jung. They all listened to the order this time. After all, it was their own fault. Whatever it was, it should wait. They couldn’t afford another mistake. One small mistake meant risking the other members’ career.

 

It had been awhile since half the girls moved out of the dorm. That was the first time in two years that the dorm was occupied overnight with so many of them. So many, but not complete. All of them, but without Jessica Jung.

 

-

 

9 October 2014

 

It took a week for Klaire to find the perfect time. The dorm was finally empty; Hyoyeon and Yoona had gone back to their respective houses, Sooyoung was busy filming ‘My Spring Days’, Sunny had left early to prepare for her radio show, Yuri just left for the airport to fly to Los Angeles for a photoshoot, Taeyeon and Tiffany were busy doing their own things.

 

It was a risky move to call Jessica, but Klaire was sure they could fix the problem. They were not like any other groups. They were Girls’ Generation, for God's sake. Their bond was strong. So strong that no one could destroy it. It was true. They had been through thick and thin together for seven years, nothing could stop them. No one could; ot the company, not the media, not the anti fans. No one, except themselves.

 

'The number you’re calling-'

 

Klaire slammed her phone down. Of course, she knew it wouldn’t be that simple. She did try to call one more time later that day, but the effort gave her the same result.

 

‘How to reach Jessica?’ She thought to herself, thinking of other possibilities.

 

-

 

Jessica was on a number of mobile messaging applications. One for her daily use in Korea, one to get in contact with her friends in the States, another one for a group of people in China and another back up application that she rarely use but never thought of deleting.

 

Klaire was connected with Jessica in two out of the four applications she used. She had called and messaged her through both but her effort was to no avail, Jessica ignored them all. Klaire was even pretty sure that the Ice Princess has blocked all of them on her messaging applications. She heard some of the members who secretly tried to contact Jessica received the same outcomes.

 

After that Klaire resolved to calling Jessica’s house day and night. She tried at least once a day for almost a week until she found out one day that the girl left for Hong Kong for an event. The call went through but no one picked up. To be honest, even Klaire found herself annoying. She wasn’t sure if Jessica's mother was currently in Seoul, but if she was, she must had be really annoyed by all the calls. Klaire made a mental note to apologize to her one day. One day, if she and Jessica ever made up.

 

She used to think that she could count on Krystal, but apparently the younger Jung was avoiding her as well. She didn’t pick up her call or reply to her messages. They met once at SM building. Klaire didn’t know for sure but it seemed like Krystal sprinted a hundred miles per hour to the car after she saw her.

 

-

 

18 October 2014

 

SMTOWN Live World Tour IV in Shanghai.  The girls were at the backstage preparing for their last stage of the day. f(x) was almost done with ‘Red Light’ and SHINee was about to take over the spotlight. The music for ‘Red Light’ finally stopped and the fans cheered, indicating the performance was over. The SHINee boys started running in the dark to the stage when suddenly the audience cheered one more time. On second thought, they weren’t cheering, more like screaming in shock.

 

Klaire stood there going over the choreography for ‘Mr. Mr.’ once last time before the performance. She seemed uninterested with the commotion happened around her until she heard people started screaming 'Soojung!' and 'Krystal!'.

 

She pushed through her members and some of the Super Junior boys and came face-to-face to Krystal’s pale and unconscious face. Apparently the poor girl passed out right a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter