Rainy Day 2.

One Lucky Rainy Day

In front of her was standing a small brunette, who was breathing heavily, probably from running. She looked at Moonbyul and started to speak. “I am so sorry, I… I, I just was running away from paparazzi and then I noticed this little place and I…”

She was babbling and looked so cute. And in Moonbyul’s mind she was telling herself to speak up and to say her that it is okay. But she could not. She, holding a cigarette in her hand with an opened mouth, looked at the small girl. She was frozen; her heart was beating so hard. Moonbyul could not believe it. Someone probably had to pinch her because in the front of her was standing her biggest celebrity crush, Solar.

“I am really sorry, I was just looking for the place, where I could hide and everything around is closed at this time…expect this bookstore.” Moonbyul heard Solar’s voice again and finally her ability to speak came back. “It’s totally okay. I am the one who should be apologizing.” She nervously started, “Because you know, everyone is free to come here”, the bookstore owner paused for the second, “…expect the thieves. But you are not one, are you?”

Solar smiled softly, “No I am not a thief, so you are lucky.” the bookshop owner tried to hide her smile, but it was impossible. “Oh, I am totally lucky today, I mean SOLAR is here, the girl with the beautiful voice, which stole the hearts of millions.” With a little playful tone she tried to make the brunette smile and luckily she succeed in this. The young idol smiled again and Moonbyul felt like her heart was beating even faster. Is it even possible? She asked herself in her mind, and then she looked at the singer again, but this time more closely, noticing some little details. The girl was wearing the light black bomber jacket, black jeans and black converse. Her hair looked a little bit messy, probably from running. Her eyes looked tired, she probably hadn’t a proper sleep in a while, what is not a surprise, knowing that she is working all the time and had to perform and to promote her new album. With these all thoughts in her head, bookshop owner suddenly heard her own voice speaking. “Maybe…you would like a cup of tea…or coffee?” she spoke uncertainly, because the girl wasn’t sure if the singer liked coffee. “And I’m sorry if I crossed the line…” Moonbyul wanted to finish, but Solar quickly interrupted her. “No, it’s totally okay. It’s even nice, knowing that my music is getting more popular,” the young singer yawned, closing with her hand. “And I would really like to have a cup of coffee, because I’m feeling really tired and my body battery has only like five percent left.”

The bookstore owner was surprised by her choice, because somehow she has always assumed that the idol isn’t a big fan of coffee. In her imagination she saw her as a true tea person. So she hid her surprise and put the cigarette behind her ear. “Coffee is it. Milk, sugar?” The taller girl asked. “Yes, milk and two tea spoons of sugar would be perfect,” was Solar’s answer. “Okay, wait a minute, I’ll be back and yeah…feel at home,” with these words and a little smile Moonbyul went to the kitchen and turned the kettle on. After few minutes she came back to the main room of the bookstore with the two cups of hot coffee.

 

Solar was standing between two shelves, with a concentrating look. She probably was looking for a specific book. It was the shelf of the Japanese literature. Honestly the brunette looked so cute, that the girl with cups didn’t even want to disturb her. But then Moonbyul coughed a little bit, coming closer to the young singer. “Here is your Mr.Coffee,” she made a silly joke giving the hot cup to the young singer. “Thank you,” said Solar with a soft but tired smile on her face.

“So, you work here? Where is your boss? Are you all by yourself here?” the small brunette asked some questions, having a small sip of her coffee while they were sitting at some vintage looking armhairs surrounded by boxes of books. Moonbyul smiled and answered all of her questions, “Yes, I do work here and I’m my own boss and yeah...most of the time I am here all by myself.” Solar looked surprised. “Oh, I thought you’re student, working here as a part-timer or something, because you look really young.”

This isn’t the first time, when people have assumed that Moonbyul is just a simple worker here, most of the times those people are some boys who tried to flirt with her asking if she wants to spend her lunch break with them. Moonbyul was twenty-seven years old at the moment and she did not go to the college, she even didn’t graduate school properly. She was quite a wild teenager, causing many troubles for her parents, skipping classes, spending nights at club and even spent some nights at police’s department, but her friends always helped her to get out and also her parents who loved her very dearly despite all the troubles that she has caused. Moonbyul was enjoying her wild time until one accident happened that drastically changed her lifestyle. Now she won’t even take a sip of alcohol, she is very against the drugs and it has been a long time since she has visited any kind of clubs. Her only bad habits that she still couldn't get rid of was smoking and probably consuming way too many cups of caffeine.

The bookshop owner smirked, “I’m not that young…I am only one year younger you. Not saying that people in late twenties don’t got to college…or that they are old…”, she scratched nervously her head and then remembered that before she had brought the cups of hot drinks,  Solar was searching for a book through the shelves. “By the way, did you look for some particular book? Should I offer you my professional help in finding it?” The singer took another sip of her coffee. “I was just looking for “Norwegian Wood” by Haruki Murakami. But I already have this book, I was just I don’t know…I always look for this book when I am in the bookstore, which doesn’t happen so often.” Moonbyul smiled to herself, taking her own sip of the coffee, in comparison to the young singer, she preferred a simple black coffee with no sugar and milk.

All of the sudden the sound of the phone was heard and Solar took it out. “Sorry, I have to take this one, it’s my manager.” Moonbyul only nodded indicating that she didn’t have any problems with it. “I’m at the bookshop called Dal.” after a pause Yongsun added: "You should type it in Latin letters, maybe then you’ll find it online…you got it? Ok! So you need 15 minutes? I’ll be waiting then for you. See you later!” With those words Solar ended the phone conversation, put her phone in the pocket of her bomber jacket and looked at Moonbyul. “I was about to thank you for the roof above my head and a hot tasty cup of coffee but I just realised that I don’t know your name…” the singer cutely made a pout as being disappointing in herself and in cute voice continued. “I’m so sorry for my manners…what’s the name of my saviour?”

Moonbyul was not mad at the girl and hearing her calling her a saviour made her feel some butterflies in her stomach. She told herself not to get high hopes or anything and with a little smirk she introduced herself: “You can call me Moonbyul.” 

“Moonbyul? Is that your name?” The singer was a bit confused, she haven’t heard of a name like this one. “Is that your real name?” 

“It’s almost my real name, but it is not my real name. But it’s connected to my real name.” The bookshop owner realised that she is probably confusing the singer, but she didn’t really like people calling her Byulie, she thought that her name was way too cute for a chic persona like her, so she always went with Moonbyul. Solar didn’t want to question her savior any further. “So Moonbyul is it. Thank you.” She smiled with her biggest smile. “For everything. I really appreciate it and I haven’t had such relaxed time in a while. I guess this rainy day is also my lucky day. I was jable to just simple enjoy cup of coffee surrounded by books and a nice stranger that won’t tell me her real name.” Moonbyul laughed a bit. She also liked spending her time with her celebrity crush, even thought she is surprised by herself that she is behaving that calm. She mentally patted her shoulder for being so collected. 

“You’re welcome. It was also a honor to me having a cup of a coffee with such a beautiful woman like you.” She swears she noticed a little blush on Solar’s face but then she heard a noise of a car and turned around. Their time was up and Solar had to leave.The singer indeed stood up. “My manager is here.”

“Let me walk you to the door.” It wasn’t a much of a walk, just some steps. But once she opened a door for for the singer, she saw someone running to the entrance. “Byulie-unnie!!!!!” A much smaller girl that looked like a puppy was about to jump on the bookshop owner. 

“It’s Moonbyul! How many times I told you to call me Moonbyul!” The bookshop rolled her eyes, this little girl never listened to her and just did whatever she felt like doing. Even right now Moonbyul noticed that little cunning smile. “Ok….Byulie-unnie!” She laughed and only then noticed another person near her taller friend. The puppy-like girl looked at the stranger and the realisation hit her. In front of her stood a famous Solar. Her friend’s biggest celebrity crush. “O…M…” She wasn’t able to finish her exclamation because Moonbyul put a hand on  and dragged her into the bookshop while closing the door and holding the doorknob with both hands from the outside.

“So Byulie…is it.” The whole situation brought a smile on the singer’s face. “A name that I won’t forget that easily.” With these words she winked at the younger girl who right now tried her hard to keep the door shut because on the other side her friend was also trying her best to open the door. Solar wanted to say something more but she heard the horn beep that indicated that she has to rush. “Sorry. It’s my time to go. Bye and thank you again.”

“You’re always welcome. I mean it. And I guess…bye.” Moonbyul was a bit sad that her time with the singer was up. She also swore that her heart was about to burst when she saw Solar winking at her. Also her hands were about to burst too because of the little troublemaker on the other side of the door. She still kept the door shut and watched Solar disappearing in the car and once the car turned the engine on she opened the door.