Warm Fire melts Cold Ice

One Lucky Rainy Day

Saw that now 100 people are subscribed to this story and in order to celebrate I got inspired to write a bit of Wheesa and then also decided to add Moon sisters scene that was supposed to appear in upcoming chapter. So here you go: 

 

“Hey Hyegi!” Wheein just has entered the restaurant where Hyejin was working. She knew that at this hour she is having a break. It’s not first time when Wheein comes here around this hour to spent some time with her dear friend. 

 

“Wheeinie!” Hyejin saw her friend and embraced her giving a quite loud big kiss on her cheek. “I have missed you so much!” Then she saw that her boss was looking at them with a frown because there were already some customers sat down trying to enjoy their meals, he made a head move in the direction of the room for staff where girls could spend their time. So the brunette took her friend’s hand and led her there.

 

On her way she also took some drinks and snacks for them. Now they were sat on the little coach enjoying drinks, snack and each other's presence.

 

“Why didn’t you join our breakfast meeting? I was bored to death with them elders.” joked the shorter girl referring to her older friends. She and Hyejin were the maknaes of their breakfast club.

 

“I’m sorry I was in Paris.” dreamily said brunette and cutely crunched her nose. Then she grabbed some chips to snack on them.

 

Wheein with a surprised face looked at her friend. “Paris? When? How?” She then counted the hours of how long it takes to get from Seoul to Paris and also she remembered that number she called Hyejin the night before meeting wasn’t international. “That’s impossible!”

 

“My lover’s tongue can make it possible.” with a wink said Hyejin.

 

“Ewwww” Wheein’s face showed a disgust. She took a pillow that laid on the couch and threw it in her friend which made her friend only laugh and then she even showed her a tongue. “Ya!!! Stop!!!” She shook her face. “All of the sudden my appetite is gone…but this means that everything with Seulgi is ok?”

 

Hyejin thought for a bit and then processed to answer slowly. “To be honest she didn’t tell me what happened on family gathering, but I do feel like our relationship is progressing in better direction.” She remembered the confessions they whispered to each other after their love making session and smiled. “Honestly I’m really happy because I’m so much in love.” 

 

Wheein smiled too, she noticed that Hyejin indeed was blooming since she started dating Seulgi. She did mention that sometimes she felt like her lover is not being too open with her but still she just couldn’t stop falling in love with her. Wheein was happy for her friend. It has been a while since she had a serious relationship. In Jeonju she used to date a guy from her class but their relationship lasted a few years, they broke up after school graduation. Then she moved to Seoul and started to date both women and men but her longest relationship only lasted half-year. And Hyejin was the biggest romantic she ever knew. This girl since an early childhood dreamed about meeting her soulmate and spent hours watching love movies and listening to silly love songs. Wheein hoped that Seulgi would treat her friend right. Hyejin deserves to be loved. 

 

So Wheein smiled and then just hugged Hyejin. “I love you too! Let’s marry!” cracked another joke the puppy like girl. The brunette laughed and rolled her eyes. “I love you too but you got Jaebum, I got Seulgi. Let’s marry them!” Then she got excited thinking about weddings. “Imagine having a double wedding! Or imagine having a wedding in the cinema! We can marry while Leslie Cheung’s movies would be rolled on screen!” 

 

“Not Leslie Cheung…you’re such an oldie.” whined Wheein while sitting up. But then Hyejin just literally with her while body pressed her to the coach. “Ya! You’re heavy!” whined Wheein, but all she received were the brunette’s little kisses all around her face. She couldn’t believe that she comes here often just to get squeezed and slobbered like this. 

 

Then Hyejin stopped showering her with kisses, pulling up on her hands she looked at her friend who had her eyes shut and her nose was crunched. She looks so cute, thought Hyejin. “What’d you say if we run away from this place to get some ice cream?”

 

“I say yes, but wouldn’t you get in troubles for this?” Hyejin’s break was about to end, and then she had to start her shift. 

 

“I probably would, but you know I love troubles.” Said brunette with a cunning smile. She just felt this strong need to spend some time with her friend. Her boss will maybe scold her later, but that’s it. The old man was nice and adored her like his own daughter. So whenever she caused troubles he always forgave her. And Hyejin will make sure to work longer next two days in order to catch up with her missed hours. But right now, she just really wanted to hang out longer with Wheein, and of course she wanted some ice cream. 

 

So the girls looked at each other with cunning smiles and then one could see a door being opened but at the first glance it would have seen as nobody appeared. Until you look down and see two young girls crawling quietly but fast on their hands and knees to the restaurant’s exit. They succeeded to vacate the place without boss and other workers noticing them. But they didn’t escape the confused looks from a couple of customers. Now they were outside shaking off dirt of their knees. They looked at each other and laughed but got anxious that they could have been heard, so quickly they with jumps like little kids run to get some ice cream.

 

Now they were enjoying their ice cream while walking around Seoul. Then Hyejin started to throw random questions at her friend.

 

“Cat or dog?”

 

“Cat!”

 

“Bruno Mars or PSY?”

 

“Of course Bruno Mars!”

 

“Books or movies?”

 

“Cartoons!”

 

“Our friendship or ice cream?”

 

“100% ice cream!”

 

“Hey!” Hyejin was about to pinch Wheein’s hand but the girl already was running away from her friend while laughing. 

 

After they finished their ice cream while talking about the most random things like turning into a pig or what if a chicken instead of Seulgi would propose to Hyejin, they went to karaoke where they almost lost their voices from singing, laughing and jumping around. 

 

Then both crushed at Wheein’s apartment, they were so tired that once their bodies touched the coach, the dreamland immediately took them into its realms. Jaebum, who heard noises, came out of the bedroom to see them both snuggled to each other and already snoring. He with a little smile took a blanket and covered both girls. Then he also with his phone took a photo of them. Today, the bed is all mine, thought he to himself and left the room letting the girls enjoy their adventures in the dreamland.


 

***

 

Moonbyul with the help of Internet was able to find out the address of Seulgi’s studio. So right now, she was standing in front of it. She needs to apologise to her sister. So with a resolved sign she opened the door of the building. Immediately she was greeted with a pretty girl that she assumed was Seulgi’s secretary.

 

“Good day, do you have an appointment with our studio?” with a smile on her face questioned she her.

 

Moonbyul weakly smiled and slowly started to explain her situation. “No…but you see…I’m here to see Seulgi…emm…I’m her sister…” She didn’t got a chance to finish because the phone on the table started to vibrate, the secretary with apologetic smile took it. “One coffee? Ok, I’ll get it.”

 

Suddenly Moonbyul got an idea. “Can you tell me what kind of coffee Seulgi drink and where I can get it? Let me get it for her.” Sana just nodded and told the her Seulgi’s coffee preference and in details described her a way of getting to the needed cafe shop. Then in 15 minutes Moonbyul was back, she also put a cup of coffee for Sana which surprised the girl. “How did you know that I like Vanilla Latte?” 

 

“The barista told me your secret.” With a wink and warm smile answered Moonbyul. “By the way, I didn’t properly introduced myself, I’m Moonbyul, how I mentioned, I’m Seulgi’s sister.” Said she while reaching out her hand. 

 

Sana took her hand. “I’m Sana! Thank you for the coffee!” The both girls exchanged their inteoductions and Moonbyul asked what room belonged to her sister. Sana showed her and the older girl followed her direction. The secretary took a sip of her favourite coffee and thought about her boss. Even though she was knows as being strict and intimidating, with Sana she was always nice and made sure always to thank her for her work. From time to time she even gifted her some presents. Sometimes she left some notes on her desk wishing her a good day or there was a simple cute smiley drawn on it. So one can surely say that they get along very well, but Seulgi never really told her about her family even though Sana mentioned about her own pretty often. The most personal thing about Seulgi she knew was that she was dating Hyejin and that’s it. So she was quite surprised to randomly meet her sister, she didn’t even know that Seulgi has one. Suddenly the sound of the phone brought her back to the reality and she stopped thinking about her boss.

 

“Good day? You reached the Moon Studio, how can I help you?”

 

 

 

 

Moonbyul entered the needed room and immediately was welcomed by darkness. The only light sources in the room were  a standing lamp near the door and the light from the computer's screen where her sister was looking at. She started to feel a little bit anxious, but still slowly approached the table where in a grey shirt with the jazz singer, Billie Holiday on it was her sister sitting.

 

“Hi Seulgi.” said she in a small voice as fearing that something will jump on her from the dark corner if she talks louder. “I brought you coffee.” With an awkward smile the girl put it on the table and then sat on the chair that was placed across from Seulgi’s chair. 

 

The younger girl nodded and took a cup and immediately drank a bit from it. “Thank you." Said she and then again concentrated on the screen. It was the last photo she had to edit and she finally was becoming content with the results. 

 

Moonbyul awkwardly looked around but wasn’t able to see much because of the darkness. Then she remembered the article about suicidal people, there was stated that they spent most of the times in the dark room and that the darkness even more induce negative thoughts. 

 

“Do you always work in such darkness?” carefully asked the older girl her sister. 

 

Seulgi’s eyes still were concentrated on the screen in front of her. “No, only when I edit photos. This way outdoor light won’t cause any screen reflection and indoor lights won’t trick me in seeing the wrong hue of the photo….”She clicked something on the keyboard a couple times and then a little smile appeared on her face. It was done, she finished editing the last photo for her client. 

 

Moonbyul was kind of surprised a bit that her sister wasn’t acting hostile towards her. She won’t lie saying that she expected Seulgi to either ignore her wholly or immediately ask her to leave her studio. Then she saw the younger taking a certain little console and clicking on it. Suddenly the black curtains on the windows started to lift up and the room was in a few seconds brightened. Moonbyul had to blink her eyes a few times which apparently now got used to the darkness. 

 

“What are you doing her, unnie?” Seulgi took another sip of her coffee while looking at her sister trying to read her face in order to find the answer of her arrival. To be honest even though she haven’t showed it but she was surprised to see her here. She expected to maybe meet her again in one or two months on the another family gathering.

 

“I’m here to apologise.” Said Moonbyul clearly and with the confidence in her voice. “I…I’m sorry for the way I treated you last time.” Even though she confidently started her speech, now her fingers were already nervously picking at the hem of her leather jacket. “I am sorry for asking you to break up with Hyejin…and also for…” she took a deep breath and continued. “…and I’m really sorry for hitting you.” She then processed to look down on her hands. “I know I may haven’t been the best sister…and honestly I still somehow can’t stop blaming you for Jiho’s death…but I really want to change it.” Moonbyul looked up, she somehow expected to see anger or annoyance at her sister’s face. Honestly she expected any kind of emotion but Seulgi’s face was calm and she couldn’t get what this calmness was supposed to mean. The calm before the storm? 

 

“I accept your apology.” said Seulgi calmly. She did not expect her sister to come here and apologise in the first place, she thought that this incident will be ignored by both of them and with time it will be forgotten about. Right now, she didn’t really understand what she was feeling. There were some thoughts telling her that Byulie is doing this only because Hyejin is her friend and not because she feels really sorry for the happened. Seulgi was overwhelmed by her inner insecurities that were telling her that Byulie still despises her and this whole apologising situation was fake but at the same time she was overwhelmed because her sister sounded sincere as she really meant it. Those damn trust issues, thought Seulgi to herself. 

 

“But I hope you don’t expect anything from me.” continued Seulgi in her calm tone. She wanted to make sure that Byulie wasn’t doing it for any kind of hidden purpose. 

 

“No, no! I understand that this apology won’t drastically change our relationship and make it perfect.” Moonbyul started to ramble, she was happy to hear that her sister accepted her apology. For her it was the first step into building the better relationship between them. “But I wanted to let you know that I’m really sorry.” smiled Moonbyul warmly to her sister. 

 

Seulgi nodded and then there was a little smile on her face. That little Seulgi inside her, who admired her sister and waited excitedly every time to watch another old movie with her sister, was really happy. But the present Seulgi still has troubles trusting her sister, moreover, the present Seulgi is getting insecure in the presence of her sister. She doesn't like this feeling. One knows that the warm fire melts cold ice. Seulgi was afraid that the presence of her sister in her life will melt her. And even right now, seeing the warm smile on her face already feels like something was melting inside her.

 

Then after a little silence between them, Moonbyul stood up. “I need to go now.” said she while scratching the back of her head. “It was nice to see you…” said she awkwardly. “Don’t drink much of caffeine and make sure to eat well.” 

 

Seulgi also stood up. She thanked her sister and walked her to the door. Before closing it she also watched the interaction between Sana and Byulie. She noticed how her secretary gave her sister a sincere friendly smile and heard her thanking for a coffee. This scene reminded her that nobody could withstand her unnie’s charms and her natural warmth. She closed the door and bit inside of her cheeks, again overanalysing everything. Seulgi felt a slight headache and took a deep breath in order to relax herself, she started to think of something good and the mental image of her girlfriend appeared on her mind making the girl smile like a fool. As long as Hyejin is beside her, everything will be alright, thought she to herself.

 

***
Next chapter will be Moonsun date, what did Moonbyul come up with? 🤔