Dream Of Me.

One Lucky Rainy Day

Yongsun just took her shoes off. With a big yawn she the lights in her living room and tiredly moved to lay down on the couch. She lifted her phone in order to see what’s time. It was 3am. The singer just returned home from another dancing practice of her upcoming song. She opened the safari app and typed the name of the bookshop in the search. 

 

“D…A…L book…shop…Seo…ul…” whispered she while typing. There is it the phone number of the searched bookshop. She copied and saved it. She thought about her friend’s words about calling the bookshop owner and inviting her for a dinner. Of course, she wanted to do so. But she is a public figure. Yongsun has to be careful with people around her. She can just trust anyone or expect them to adjust to her lifestyle. Moreover nobody expect some of her friends knows about her uality. Right now there are rumours circulating around that she is dating Eric. Actually both of them plan to announce about their relationship, which is fake one. Just another move of getting some attention from the public. Yongsun didn’t like it but there is a pressure of how to stay always relevant. To stay at the top. She signed. Her brain started to overthink. Is Byulie even trustable? Wouldn’t it be the risk? What if she won’t be able to accept Yongsun’s job and lifestyle? 

 

All of the sudden there was a call. On the display she could read the word “Wisdom”. Yongsun pressed on the green button. 

 

“Hi Seulgi! Why are you up so late?” With a tired smile the singer asked.

 

“I was having a night scene shooting with Taemin oppa. And I am calling to ask how did the call went? Did she agree?” In comparison to the singer the photographer’s voice didn’t sound tired at all.

 

Yongsun bit slightly her lower lip. “I still haven’t called her.” 

 

It’s not the first time when singer loses an opportunity to get to know someone closer. Not the first time when she doesn’t follow her heart. Solar is one of the most successful solo artists at the moment and her journey to get this title wasn’t the easiest. So the singer is always cautious about everything that may in some ways affects her career. Seulgi knows that her unnie worries way too much. She never pushed her with her past love interest but this time she saw sparkles in singer’s eyes when she talked about the mysterious bookshop owner. And Seulgi really wants her friend to be happy.

 

“You know…” Seulgi slowly started. “…there is not much of risk as you think there is. Yeah, paparazzi may see you…but you’re both women, it would have been a different story if it was a guy. And you told me she knows you and is likely your fan, so she will be aware of possible consequences of agreeing to go out with you.” 

 

Yongsun listened to her friend and she knows that Seulgi was right. If she went out with a guy then there would have been dating rumours but this wouldn’t be a case if she goes out with a female. Most will assume that they are just friends. And press in South Korea isn’t allowed to expose homoual celebrities.

 

“And let’s be honest unnie, the main reason why you won’t call her is because you’re a bit scared right?” 

 

Seulgi was right. Yongsun was scared. She was scared of rejection. At high school she was rejected harshly by her crush. Her parents at the beginning rejected her passion of becoming a singer. Even before becoming a singer she was rejected way too many times by many agencies. She was rejected by many variety programmes at the beginning of her career. Yongsun was rejected way too much and though now people don’t easily reject her anymore, but this fear of being rejected still lives inside of her.

 

“And if she does reject you…then it’s her loss you know? And I’ll create hundred profiles to write a lot of bad reviews on her bookshop!” Seulgi tried to make her friend smile and she succeeded. Yongsun laughed. “Yah! You can’t do that!” Then after some seconds of silence she added: “Thank you.” 

 

Seulgi was glad to hear her unnie laugh. “You’re welcome. Now get your beauty sleep and tomorrow with a fresh mind call her. Ok?”

 

“Ok. Goodnight.”

 

“Goodnight unnie.” 

 

Yongsun finished her call and stood up to go to the bathroom. After a shower she felt better and went to lay down in her bed. There were many thoughts in her head but she pushed them away. “I’ll wake up and call Byulie.“ With this thought Yongsun felt asleep.

 

***

 

It was another working day at the bookshop for Moonbyul. Right now a couple of customers hanged out here. One man was sitting in the armchair reading a book with a cup of hot drink. A couple of high-school friends were looking for some interesting books through shelves while gossiping about their classmates. The bookshop owner herself was having a cup of coffee while answering some emails messages on her computer. It has been a week since she has met Solar and till this day she cannot stop thinking about the singer. Why didn’t she ask for her number? Or maybe she could ask her out? No, she is a big celebrity. That would be embarrassing for Moonbyul, a regular human being asking for a number a big star. She shook her head, took her phone and opened Instagram. Everyone was talking about Solar‘s newest teaser that shocked a whole South Korea because the singer again challenged the beauty standards and showed that being bald can be beautiful too. Moonbyul was in awe. Solar is so brave. She inspires many people. She also inspires Moonbyul. While she kept on strolling through posts of Solar on her phone, all of the sudden she heard the ringing of a phone. 

 

“This is weird…” whispered the girl as she looked at her phone in her hand that didn’t ring. “This is probably customer’s one that ringing.” thought Moonbyul and kept on minding her business. But the ringing sound didn’t disappear. She raised her head and saw that customers also wondered where the sound is coming from. Then she saw some papers on the desk moving and realisation hit her. The sound is coming from the work-related phone. Someone is calling the bookshop.

 

“My apologies!” Moonbyul apologised to her customers and quickly took the phone. “It’s so rare to someone to call here…did I forget to pay for electricity?” thought Moonbyul while pressing on the green button.

 

“Good day. You just called the “DAL” bookshop. How can I help you?” The girl used her most formal voice. She felt anxious a bit, worrying that maybe she is in trouble. 

 

“Good day to you Buylie too.” 

 

Moonbyul’s eyes widened. Is she dreaming? This is voice of Solar. No, she is hallucinating. She definitely should cut on her caffeine intake. 

 

“Solar..?” She barely whispered it loud enough for singer to hear it. “I think you called the wrong number…” Now the bookshop owner was thinking that the singer definitely called the wrong number, but destiny again connected them in some mysterious way. Then she heard the most pleasing to ear giggles.

 

“No, I definitely called the right number.”

 

Moonbyul still was in shock. “You, Solar calling me, Moonbyul?”

 

“How cute!” thought singer to herself. “Yes! I’m calling you because I’d like you ask you out for a dinner…”

 

The young owner of bookshop was in disbelief. She couldn’t believe what she has just heard. She took a random book from her desk and hit herself on her head. Her customers weirdly looked at her, but she didn’t care. She wasn’t dreaming. It was happening for real.

 

“…as to thank you for a warm hideout on that rainy day. What’d you say?”

 

“Yes. I…woah…pleasure.” Now Moonbyul’s brain was definitely malfunctioning. She shook her head and slapped her cheek in order to bring herself down to the reality. “I mean you don’t have to…but it would be a honor to have a dinner with you.” She was smiling like the biggest fool ever right now. 

 

“What would you say  about tomorrow?  8pm? I’ll pick you up with my car, just send me the address.”

 

“Tomorrow is it!” Moonbyul couldn’t hide her excitement which made Solar giggle again. 

 

“Then I’ll see you tomorrow. Bye, have a wonderful day!” 

 

“Yes, tomorrow. Bye.” Moonbyul heard the sound of the ended call. "Oh…believe me Solar, you made my day so ing wondeful!" Then she jumped because of happiness and next was her doing a moonwalk. Her customers probably were thinking  that she ie crazy. Bur Moonbyul didn't care about them at all. She kept on dancing and expressing her happiness. 

 

"Omg, omg, omg…" was all that could say at this moment. Then she remembered that she has to send the address to the singer and immediately processed to do so. Her whole celebration was stopped with customer approaching with a book that he wanted to buy. Moonbyul shifted her focus on work but the big smile didn't leave her face the entire day.

 

***

 

She did it. Yongsun called her. Even though on the phone she sounded very confident, in reality she was a nervous wreck. Her hands were sweating and her heart was like a victim of very passionate drummer. The singer looked at herself in the mirror of the practice room and smiled.  She agreed. Tomorrow she’ll see her again, the girl about whom she couldn’t stop thinking. A cute girl. Byulie.

 

“I should call Seulgi and share the good news.” Yongsun was about to make another call but then she thought a little bit and decided that she has enough of break time to visit her friend in her studio. It wasn’t so far away, with the car it will take her around 10 minutes. So she went to tell her manager about her plan and now in the car Yongsun was nearing the studio of the photographer. 

 

She entered the studio and was surprised that Sana, photographer’s secretary wasn’t at her working place. “Maybe she went to have late lunch.” thought Yongsun to herself. Then she moved in the direction of Seulgi’s office to check out if her friend was also absence. She grabbed the doorknob and pushed it down opening the door.

 

What she saw next made her eyes go wide. All things that were supposed on the desk laid down on the floor, also there was laying photographer’s white shirt.  Meanwhile on the top of the desk Seulgi in exposed bra was hungrily kissing the neck of the girl that laid underneath. The tanned girl grabbed her friend’s , moans escaped their lips. Hyejin’s red lipstick was smeared and you could see its traces on Seulgi’s neck, jaw and other places.  The photographer hands moved to her girlfriend’s back trying to her red dress. 

 

Yongsun knew that she has to immediately close the door and leave the couple to continue with their business. A bit too late. Seulgi noticed her. The singer still processed to close the door and for a couple of seconds she was motionless. “Ok, Yongsun. Let’s just pretend that you didn’t see a thing and leave.” With this thought in her mind she turned around and started to leave the studio when she heard a sound of a door being opened behind her.

 

“Unnie! Wait! Where are you going?” The photographer came running after the older friend. Her white shirt was buttoned in a messy and on her neck one could see fresh love marks and traces of red lipstick.

 

“I suddenly forgot that I need…” Yongsun was trying to come up with some excuse but she was really bad in lying. 

 

“Unnie, let me introduce you to my girlfriend.” while saying this she took her phone to call her secretary. 

 

“Wouldn’t it be a bit awkward?” Asked Yongsun. She would with a big pleasure to meet Seulgi’s girlfriend but she wasn’t so sure that right now was the best moment to do so. 

 

“Hey Sana! Have you already bought our drinks? You’re about to order them? Ok, can you also order hot chocolate? Yes, Yongsun unnie came to visit. Ok! Thank you! See you!” She put then her phone in the pocket and looked at the singer.

 

“Honestly I think it will be more awkward to introduce you to her next time in more formal setting…I mean after what you have seen…” Seulgi smirked, she wasn’t really embarrassed about the whole situation. 

 

“Don’t remind me.” With the raised hand Yongsun stopped her friend. She shook her head as trying to erase the scene from her mind. 

 

Then both of them entered the photographer’s working room where Hyejin was already sitting on the coach. With time while Seulgi and Yongsun where outside she managed to make her outfit look presentable. Her lipstick was not smeared anymore and she managed to make put her hair in a bun that looked messy in a stylish way. Once she saw them entering she stood up and bowed.

 

“Hello. It’s nice to meet you.” Greeted she the older girl with a gentle smile.

 

“Hello, it’s nice to meet you too. Seulgi told me quite a lot about you.” Yongsun answered back and three girls sat on the coach. Hyejin and Yongsun started to converse  trying to get familiar with each other. The awkwardness immediately disappear. Hyejin didn’t seem to be embarrassed about the whole situation too. With a gentle smile she kept on the conversation with the older girl.  Yongsun liked Hyejin. She was so nice and very beautiful. Now she could see why she has become Seulgi’s muse. From regular small talk their conversation shifted to movies and travelling. Apparently both of them wish to visit Hawaii and spent there a nice relaxing vacation. In between they also managed to tease Seulgi, who only rolled her eyes but she couldn’t hide the smile on her face. Happiness looked good on her friend. Then the door opened and Sana came in with drinks in her hands.

 

“Hi Yongsun-unnie!!! I saw your teaser! It was a bomb!!!! You gonna break all possible and impossible records in music charts!!!” Sana excitedly hug the singer and then processed to give everyone their drink. Americano for Seulgi, Solomon Seal Tea for Hyejin, Hot Chocolate for Yongsun and Vanilla Latte for herself. She wished to join them but she had some task to finish, so she left three of them on their own.

 

After some time Hyejin also stood up with the words that she has to leave. She gave Seulgi a cheek kiss, then whispered something in her ear that made the photographer smile widely. Then she processed to wave to Yongsun. When Seulgi closed the door after her girlfriend she went back to the coach and sat near singer.

 

“If you gonna hurt Hyejin, I’m gonna beat up your !” said Yongsun jokingly. Seulgi chuckled. “Believe me, I’m gonna beat up my own myself. By the way, what was the reason behind your visit?”

 

The singer all of the sudden remembered why she rushed to see her friend and smiled. “I called her and she agreed.”

 

“I knew it! You already got her wrapped around your finger!” Seulgi then continued: “Where do you plan to take her out by the way?” 

 

“I already called Kibum and got a reservation there.” Kibum was her same age friend who owned an eating place with their friend Jinki. While he  was a main cook that was focused on main dishes, Jinki was a baker whose role was making delicious desserts and moreover his smile was a the biggest warming welcome of the restaurant. Their place was successful. And also Yongsun liked to eat there with her friends because Kibum and Jinki always made sure that she felt safe there. She always reserved a table on the roof that wasn’t available for regular customers. Yongsun was really thankful to them. They provided her with a place where she could safely and in peace enjoy some food with her companions. 

 

The singer wanted to continue to chat a bit with her friend but she heard her phone ringing. She knew this ringtone, it was her manager. She was in trouble. So she thanked her friend for a drink and a bit about Hyejin. Then she processed to leave her studio without not forgetting to say her farewell to Sana. Her manager was bit annoyed that the singer disappeared for so long but Yongsun didn’t care much about it because all she was thinking about was her upcoming dinner with the bookshop owner. 

 

***

 

Yongsun was sitting in her car. She was nervous. It has been a while since she asked someone out. Wait, it was just a dinner to thank the invited girl for her warm welcome on the rainy day. Yongsun shouldn’t jump into assumptions that the other one is interested in her romantically. Not yet. There were not many people around this district. Additionally her car’s windows were tinted in black so people could not see its owner anyway.

 

Then she saw her, Moonbyul. The younger girl was wearing black slacks, high top black classic converse and white shirt with leather jacket on. She looked handsome. So handsome that Solar gulped. No, she shook her head telling herself mentally that it wasn’t a time to be thirsty. Yongsun slowly drove closer to where the younger woman was standing and rolled her window down. 

 

“Hi Byulie!” She greeted her and this made the younger one smile while rolling her eyes. Moonbyul didn’t like when people called her by her name but with Solar it was different. Solar calling her by her name made her heart flutter. 

 

“Hi.” Moonbyul shyly greeted the singer back. Actually she was always confident around girls and never had to experiment shyness but with Solar it was different. The singer had such an enormous effect on her that Moonbyul was sure that if the other ask her to jump from the plane, she’ll do it. She wasn’t thinking rationally around  Solar. 

 

„Take a seat and let us go to fill up our stomachs.” Yongsun made sure that her door on the other side was opened. Even though she acted all confidently in reality she was not. She was feeling that her palms on the wheel were sweating. The bookshop owner took a seat on the right from Yongsun and gave her a smile. The singer smiled back. She started the engine of her car and they went to the place.

 

“Your hair grew up very fast.” Moonbyul looked again at Solar and just another time confirmed to herself that the celebrity was way more beautiful in real life. She didn’t even know that it’s possible. Her fans were right she looked like an Angel. But at the same time she just realised what she has said and wanted to hit herself with a book for such embarrassing way of starting the conversation.

 

“What?” Yongsun was surprised for a second but then immediately remembered her recent teaser. “Oh yeah, if you take into account the famous proverb then we can conclude that I’m a ert.” 

 

Moonbyul laughed. “At least not insane one.” She remembered the show where Solar had to answer some questions while using lie detector. The singer laughed probably also remembering that funny incident. Moonbyul loved hearing singer’s laugh. She told herself to make Solar laugh more often. 

 

The girls chatted a bit more asking each other how they spent their week and with time they reached their destination. Both exited the car and Moonbyul followed the singer. She has never been to this place and actually she noticed that they weren’t entering the place through the main door. The singer took out a certain card, pressed it to the device on the door’s side and it automatically opened, both girls entered the restaurant. Solar lead the bookshop owner to the elevator. They went up to the roof, once the door opened and Moonbyul was in awe. This place was beautiful. In front of her she saw the table that was nicely decorated, some beautiful plants surrounded the place, but what caught her attention it was the open view of the whole city. 

 

“Woah…” she expressed her astonishment.  

 

“Do you like it?” Asked the singer.

 

“Of course! This place is beautiful! Thank you for taking me here!” 

 

“My pleasure.” Solar smiled to the girl with her smiling eyes. Then she led them to their table. There were already some drinks prepared and some appetizers. They just took their places when a very nice looking man in the apron emerged. 

 

“Yongsun-ah! It’s great to see you!”

 

“Hello Jinki oppa!” The nice man also greeted Moonbyul and introduced himself to her. Moonbyul noticed that he has a very warm smile that makes one feel welcomed. He took their order and after wishing them to spent some good time he left the roof.

 

Jinki then went down to his friend and told what girls ordered adding some comments about Yongsun’s date.“Our Yongsun brought a very charming companion tonight.”

 

Kibum raised his eyebrow. “Really? I gotta check it out later. She better finally start dating someone! It has been forever!” He started to prepare their meals while the other cooks in the restaurant were busing making meals for regular clients that were seated in the main hall. 

 

Meanwhile Yongsun filled their glasses with drinks. Moonbyul apparently doesn’t drink alcohol, so she offered her an orange juice while herself she decided to have some port wine. She liked sweetness.

 

“I wanted to ask you something.” Moonbyul started and Yongsun shook her head lightly as to indicate girl to go on with the question that she has on her mind.

 

“Can I call you by your real name or do you prefer your stage name?” Moonbyul so far has been calling her Solar and she thought that maybe the singer was more comfortable if she called her by her real name. To be honest Moonbyul wanted to call her Yongsun, she felt like it would make her closer to the singer. She of course loved her as Solar, but she knew a lot about her, so she wanted to get to know Yongsun.

 

“I don’t mind you calling me by my real name.” said Solar, she assumed that girl already knew what her name it. 

 

“Thank you Yongsun unnie!” The singer blinked a couple times in her ears she was hearing the beat of her heart. She called her “Yongsun unnie”. Why she is feeling the warmth spreading in her body? Hearing the bookshop owner calling her “Yongsun unnie” made her blush a little but she hoped the other didn’t notice it. 

 

“And another question if you don’t mind….is this just a thank you dinner or a date?” Moonbyul was honestly amazed but her bluntness. But she really wanted to know if she reading the signs right. She didn’t want to feel her heart aching.

 

Yongsun looked at her. “What would you prefer?”

 

Moonbyul gulped but then confidently told her true desire. “I’d like it to be a date.”

 

“Then it’s a date.” The singer smiled to the younger girl. Afterwards Kibum appeared along with their meals. 

 

“My dear Yongsun! Nice to see you and you are…” he looked at the singer’s companion. Jinki was right she is quite charming and definitely handsome. Luckily her friend has a good taste. 

 

“Moonbyul.” 

 

“Nice to meet you Moonbyul, you can call me Kibum!” He then turned to Yongsun and gave her a wink approving her date. “Enjoy your food girls!” With these words he left them two alone.

 

The two girls were enjoying their meals while sharing some little facts about each other.

 

“You can drive a motorbike?” Yongsun surpassingly looked at her companion while they enjoying their desserts made my Jinki.

 

“Yeah, I’m bad girl.” Moonbyul winked to the singer but actually she failed because she couldn’t wink properly.

 

“Cute.” Was all what singer could say looking at the adorable girl.

 

“What? Did you just call me cute?”  Moonbyul pouted. She definitely wasn’t cute. “I am not cute. I’m chic…and cool, and also a badass!” She proudly exclaimed. But the singer definitely disagree with the younger girl. She was so cute in her opinion. So she softly pinched Moonbyul cheek and said with a baby voice. “So cute!”

 

“Unnie!” Whined the other one. 

 

They finished their desserts and decided to was time to leave, so they exited the restaurant not forgetting to say goodbye to Jinki and Kibum. Yongsun rode Moonbyul back and now they were sitting in the car not wanting to let each other go. Then the singer took Moonbyul’s hand and gave a light kiss on the top of it.  “Thank you. I had a great time.” Moonbyul blushed and the singer again thought how cute she was.

 

“Thank you too, unnie…” The bookshop owner gathered all her confidence and moved closer to the older girl. She slowly kissed her on a cheek. This was so unlikely to Moonbyul to be so shy around someone. She never hesitated to kiss her past dates, but with Yongsun it was different. After the kiss she exited the car wishing the singer a good night. She didn’t notice Yongsun’s blush in the dark car. The older one touched her cheek slightly and smiled. She felt happy at this moment. 

Moonbyul with the most biggest smile on her face entered her house. She won’t never forget this date. Never.

 

Yongsun drove herself to her residence. She also entered her apartment with the most biggest smile on her face. She haven’t felt so happy in a while. The singer really felt like she was falling in love. A feeling that she hasn’t experienced in a long time. She hoped that it was mutual. Then the girl processed to take her heels off and heard the sound on her phone. Someone sent her a message. On the bright screen she could read:

 

From: Cutie Buylie

“Spending time with you made me really happy. I hope to see you soon again. Sleep well and dream of me.”

 

...

Little spoilers to the next chapter: Moon sisters drama and maybe a bit of Seulgi/Hwasa.