Party 1.

One Lucky Rainy Day

Seulgi arrived at 6PM how she promised, Yongsun was happy to see her, immediately gossiping about her date. The photographer was glad to see her friend being that happy. She stayed quiet most of the time, helping choosing Yongsun an outfit by just simply nodding to the one that she liked the most. Normally as the photographer she had an eye for what clothes will suit the person taking into consideration their body type, skin tone, but right now she really wasn’t a big help and Yongsun could honestly rock any kind of outfit, be it even the garbage bag, but still the singer really wished to learn how to style the outfits and that why most of the time she always took part into deciding her clothes for performances, her appearances in variety shows, etc. Yongsun is a very dedicated person, no wonder that she is one of the most loved celebrities in the South Korea.

„Why didn’t you ask Yong-hee to help you out with choosing an outfit, she is a true professional when it comes to them?“, asked Seulgi, knowing well that Yongsun’s eldest sister got a very good taste in clothing.

„We fought. She was mad that I didn’t tell her about the date and was worried where I was hanging out so late. Sometimes she really treats me like a child.“, Yongsun annoyingly shook her head thinking about her sister. „But, she did write me a message wishing to have a nice time at the party and not to get drunk…“, continued Yongsun while looking at herself in the mirror. „…so now I guess we are good again.“

Seulgi smiled, she found the whole situation amusing and so sisterly. She looked at her watch, it was 6:40 at the moment. The drinks and food were prepared, the music station too, the people are about to start coming. Just when she has thought about it, she heard the singer’s manager opening the door and greeting the first guests. Yongsun packed the other two outfits that weren’t chosen for tonight in the bag and gave another look at herself in the mirror.

„Let’s go, my dear friend, it is time to entertain people.“, the singer smiled and extended her hand to the younger girl. Seulgi took it and at the same time, she took a deep breath, she wasn’t really a party lover. They left the room and immediately were greeted by Cho-rong and Bomi. Yongsun hugged her friends and they started to converse about their music and congratulating each other with their recent releases. Seulgi went to take herself a drink and took a place near Yongsun’s make-up artist, both were having a small talk, watching the arrival of more people. The next arrived guests were Irene and Joy, some of the dancers that worked with Yongsun came too, then her hairstylists and there were also Kibum and Jinki, who firstly greeted Seulgi and then went to great Yongsun. The make-up artist has already left Seulgi’s side. 

A smile appeared on the photographer’s face, when she saw how her assistant entered the room and once she saw Seulgi with a sly smile she walked up to her.

„Good evening, boss! You look quite lonely here.“, joked Sana while taking a drink for herself. She caught Yongsun’s gaze and waved enthusiastically with her hand, smiling widely. Yongsun waved back and continued to entertain her guests, this time she was conversing with Teddy Park, a producer from The Black Label. The goal of party was not only to celebrate, but also to find some new connections and that what Yongsun was doing at this exact moment.

Seulgi turned to her assistant, „I recall someone telling me that she can’t make it  to the party, because her boss apparently gave her too many of tasks to do…“.

Sana rolled her eyes. She sometimes tends to complain about work or even saying that she will resign, especially when she gets some problems in her relationship or when she fights with her beloved grandma. But, she never actually means it. Seulgi never overworks her and often encourages Sana to leave the studio when she herself stays there to work the whole night on projects. Luckily since Seulgi started dating Hyejin, she stopped immersing herself too much in the work. Her boss also looks much happier and healthier than before. 

„Is everything alright?“, the comforting voice of Seulgi brought Sana back from her thoughts.

„Yes, I am doing well, boss.“, she answered with an aegyo.

Seulgi tried to stop herself from smiling but couldn’t, „Stop it,“ said she gently, „and also please, don’t call me boss.“

„Okay, boss.“, Sana continued to tease the girl.

Seulgi just shook her head, thinking that this girl is unstoppable. Then she looked in a direction, where just a few minutes ago Yongsun was talking with the producer, but didn’t see the singer there. She raised her hand with the watch to check out the time. 7:15. The photographer lifted her gaze to look around and found Yongsun standing not so far away from the entrance. There was a huge smile on her face and a little blush. She was holding flowers, red roses. Her dark brown eyes were filled with warmth and adoration. Those eyes were looking at arrived guest, Moon Byul, her sister. 

 

 * * * 

 

And the next thing, it was Yongsun leading Moonbyul in the direction, where she and Sana were standing. A big amount of thoughts entered Seulgi’s mind. She started to think how could it have happened. Yes, Yongsun told her that her new love interest owns the book shop, did she mention the name of it? Seulgi cannot recall, moreover there are so many other people who own bookshop. But, it has to be her sister, with whom Yongsun is falling in love. Was she angry? Upset? Disappointed? Confused? Happy? Right now, Seulgi did not know what  exactly she is feeling about this new discovery. 

Sana noticed how Seulgi tensed up, her jaw clenched slightly. The girl looked as she has seen a ghost, Sana followed Seulgi’s eyes and saw that Yongsun and another familiar face were approaching them. She suddenly remembered who is that person with Yongsun. It was Seulgi’s sister who has visited them recently. Her friend did not say anything about the last visit and Sana did not want to pry. She felt like anything related to family is a topic that Seulgi always tries to avoid. Nevertheless, Sana put a smile on her face, ready to greet a couple that were nearing them and at the same time ready to be a shoulder to cry on for Seulgi.

„Moonbyul, this is Seulgi, my dear friend, whom I wanted to introduce to you…“, started happily Yongsun, not being aware of the fact that the both girls already know each other. „…and this is Sana, her assistant, but also our friend too.“

To say that Byul was surprised would be an understatement . Here, in front of her was standing her younger sister. Did Yongsun just introduced her as her friend? She was aware of the fact that Seulgi is a photographer, but was her sister working in the Kpop industry? Byul definitely underestimated her sister. Her parents always have told that Seulgi ain’t doing well in this profession and that she should change it before it wouldn’t be too late. Did they lie or did they actually never checked out how her sister was doing and still were disappointed that she didn’t  want pursue a career in the medical field?

Moonbyul was frozen, she did not know how to behave, what to say. Her and Seulgi did not have the best relationship.

Seulgi quickly got rid of her river of thoughts and smiled, „Hello, unnie! , greeted she her sister while bowing, „What a surprise!“, then she turned to Yongsun and teasingly said, „I see you wish to upgrade my friend status to sister in law status.“ 

Yongsun’s eyebrows rose in the surprise. The sister, Seulgi, a movie freak, that Moonbyul has mentioned before when they had a date is actually the photographer, Seulgi, her best friend. But again, Seulgi never talked about her family. Yongsun tried to digest new information. Trying to avoid the awkward silence, Sana joined in and greeted Moonbyul, receiving a friendly „Hi“ back. 

„Seulgi, how long have you been working with Yongsun unnie?, curiously asked the bookshop owner and mentally thanking her sister for not making a scene like she has done during the previous family gathering. 

Seulgi took a glass of drink on the table and offered it to her sister, who took it while thanking her, „I think it has been for two years already.“

„Two and half.“, corrected her Yongsun, observing her friend. Seulgi usually acts like that when she talks with her clients. Overly polite, overly nice. Was she startled that her new love interest is her sister? 

„I met her firstly, when I was in my last year of college and worked as a photo assistant.“, added the photographer.

„Oh yeah, I recall that photographer was very rude and mean to me during the entire photoshoot. Seulgi had enough of him and stood up for me.“, Yongsun beamed recalling how they met for the first time.

„So that is how you get to know people.“, uttered Sana, „At the shop where I worked, my boss couldn’t keep his hands to himself and Seulgi called him quite loudly a ert in front of his clients. And then after I got fired she offered me to become her assistant.“

„I kinda regret it now.“, teased Seulgi her friends, „You both can be so annoying at times.“

„We love you too!“, said Sana and Yongsun in unison, knowing that Seulgi is just being sarcastic.

Moonbyul was surprised to hear those things about her sister. Then she asked herself in her thoughts, why was she surprised? Seulgi often helped around the house when they were growing up, she also helped their grandparents on the farm a lot. Suddenly she felt bad. Her anger towards her sister, was her heart filled with it so much, that her mind created that cold, rude version of her sister, erasing good memories of her. Seulgi has never been mean to her other friends like Hani, Jin or Wheein, only to Jiho she was acting arrogant and impudent. Was there a reason for it? Why did she blindly took Jiho’s side at that time? 

Even though the conversation was going alright, Sana knew her friend way too well. She was blinking often, the smile on her face was getting more tense. Seulgi did not feel wholly comfortable right now, was she overwhelmed?  Was she anxious? 

„There is Jackson!“, exclaimed Sana suddenly, „He told me that he needed to talk to you about Hong Kong Vogue thing. They wanted to hire you to shoot something for them.“, lied the assistant.

And Seulgi was perfectly aware that her friend was lying, „Sorry guys, we need to leave you, but we will see you around here.“, politely uttered Seulgi and her and Sana left the couple alone approaching Jackson, who happily hugged both girls without having a clue that he has just became their cover.

 

* * *

 

Yongsun’s gaze followed the backs of the girls, who were just being hugged tightly by Jackson, one of the most kindest human she has ever met. The guy can make feel comfortable and good anyone with his present and kindness. The singer was a bit conflicted, on the one side Seulgi was smiling and joking around just know, but on the other hand she has barely ever mentioned her sister during their entire friendship, always trying to avoid family related conversations. Now Yongsun was not sure, what Seulgi really thinks about her dating her sister. 

At least this time Seulgi was not giving her any judging looks like she has done a couple of times when she introduced to her some of her „dates“. And all of them were unsuccessful, one girl just was experimenting, another one was constantly jealous of everyone who just breathed in the same room as Yongsun. There was also one girl who almost ruined her entire career. As a celebrity, it was not easy to find good friends, and dating was a whole complex world. The only person who made Yongsun feel comfortable around and at ease, whom she felt she could trust and whom was not using her was her first love. Breaking up with that person of the past was the most hurtful thing the singer has ever experienced. And only after many years, she feels like she has finally find someone else with whom she can see herself falling deeply in love. And this person is Moonbyul. The universe is full of surprises. She may be falling in love with her best friend’s sister. It feels like a plot of a K-drama. She was brought back to the earth when she felt a gently squeeze of her hand. Here is she, Moonbyul smiling with the sweetness in her eyes. Yongsun is definitely getting trapped in this concept of four letters called love. 

„Are you enjoying this party so far?“,  asked Yongsun her date.

„As long as you are here, by my side…“, started the younger girl, „…I am having the best time of my life.“

„Have someone ever told you that you’re quite greasy?“, uttered the singer feeling her cheeks getting blushed.

„Me?“, Byul raised her eyebrows teasingly, „Never, because I am only greasy to you.

The girls giggled. Yongsun took Moonbyul’s hand and lead her through the room introducing he bookshop owner to some other friends of her. Once the couple withdrew themselves from the guests, Yongsun lead the younger girl to the place, where nobody could disturb them. She checked for the last time if anyone was around and then dragged Byul in the small storage room. Once they were in, Yongsun pressed her date against the door and kissed her. After their last date, all Yongsun was thinking about is the taste of Byul’s lips. 

Moonbyul immediately reciprocated the kiss, pulling Yongsun closer, so their bodies touched. Her pulse was racing and she kissed the singer’s lips with more fever than before while her hands wandered down her sides. Yongsun signed in the pleasure and tightened her arms around Byul neck. 

During their kisses, Byul whispered, „You look so beautiful in his dress.“  

Yongsun’s heart fluttered, Byul was the first one, who complimented her dress today. She kissed  Byul again, this time brushing her tongue against her lips and the younger girl immediately granted her access. Yongsun with no hesitation slipped in between girl’s parted lips and started to explore the inside of . A quiet sign of pleasure was let out by Byul. She is getting addicted to those lips, full and soft, tasting like the sweet mix of honey and pear. The kisses grew more heated and passionate. 

The couple parted to take some breaths, their lips were swollen, the temperature in the small room was definitely much warmer. Byul couldn’t help but smile. Yongsun’s eyes locked with her, the hazelnut orbs exuding tenderness. The  bookshop owner felt some kind of butterflies in her stomach, that she hasn’t felt with anyone else before. 

All of the sudden Byul said, „Yongsun, would you like to be my girlfriend?“. She herself was surprised what just HAS came out of . This was definitely not how she imagined to propose to the girl, but at this exact moment she couldn’t take her words back. She may uttered this question too early, but she does want Yongsun to be her girlfriend.

Yongsun was startled. Her heart wanted immediately to answer with a „yes“ and shower girl with more kisses, but something was stopping her. Was Moonbyul really ready for it? Dating a celebrity can be quite challenging. Was Yongsun herself ready for it? There was a moment of the silence between the girls.

„I…“,  started the singer, trying to order her thoughts, her feelings. „Can I have some time to think about it?“

To say that Byul wasn’t hurt a bit would be a lie. What exactly did she even expect. That was probably too fast for Yongsun. She probably scared her away, so all Byul could so was to nod. 

The atmosphere in the room has changed immediately. 

Yongsun could hear some voices outside the door, they probably should better return to the crowd. But she couldn’t just end this moment like this. „I really like you Byul…“ started the older girl, „… and I feel honoured that you want me to be your girlfriend, and I would have immediately said yes if I wasn’t…I just...“, she struggled to explain to the younger girl what exactly was stopping her from saying a simple three lettered „yes“.

„I understand unnie, it’s ok.“, with the gently smile comforted Byul the singer and kissed her tenderly on the cheek. „I like you too, so take your time. I will wait.“

 

* * *

7.55 PM 

Hyejin comes through the door, seeing that the room is already filled with various people. She could see also see some familiar faces of the celebrities, such as Irene and Seulgi from Red Velvet, Ben Ji Young and some others. But her goal is to find her girlfriend. While continuing to scan the room. She decided just to write the photographer the message and that way letting her know that she has arrived. So, she took her phone and started to type while walking through the guests. Once she clicked the button „to send“, she accidentally bumped into someone.

She immediately started to apologise, mentally scolding herself for being inattentive to her surroundings. She gazed upwards and was met with the red stain on the chest that was wearing a white shirt. 

„I’m so sorry…“, uttered the brunette and immediately started to look for tissues in her bag. „I am really really sorry!“, the girl was able to find the tissues, her hands were trembling. What if this person a big rich grumpy man that gonna sue her for ruining his shirt with the wine? She wasn’t controlling her body, her still trembling hands were now trying to clean the shirt of the man, at least some of wine will absorb to tissue.

„It is ok.“, said the calm and nice voice of the stranger. Hyejin looked up, this time meeting with the eyes of the quite familiar face. She is sure that she has seen this guy before, but couldn’t recall where. Maybe he is a singer and she saw him on TV? With his looks he definitely must be a celebrity. 

„I…“, she looked around looking for the bathroom sign, seeing one she again returned her attention to the guy, „..know a way to get rid of the wine stain. If you follow me to the bathroom, I can help you with making it less visible, you can of course tell me bank details and I will cover the price of the shirt or…“, she started to talk faster and anxiously. Next thing Hyejin felt a touch to her elbow and the man leading her in the direction to the bathroom. That’s it, thought she to herself, he is going to scold her there.

Once they were in the bathroom, the man turned her to face him. „Hey, calm down.“, his soothing voice managed to calm the brunette a bit. „I would be thankful if you help me a bit of getting rid of it, but no need to send me any money or anything.“

Hyejin nodded and finally was able to get herself together. „Ok, then take the shirt off.“, she needed to act faster. While the man was taking off his shirt, Hyejin got some a few packets ofMcDonald salt from her bag. She praised herself for not throwing them away a few days ago when she and Wheein had a meal at this fast food restaurant.  Then the brunette took a shirt from his hand, giving a quiek and subtle look on his body. The guy was quite fit, maybe he is an athlete? Hyejin covered the stain area with salt when she heard the man’s voice again.

„Honestly, I have never expected to meet you here.“

Hyejin was surprised, so she indeed has probably seen this man before, so she decided just to ask: „Have we met before?“

Sung Hoon chuckled. „We didn’t just only meet, you also rejected to give me your phone number.“, he embarrassingly scratched his neck. He also notice confused look of the brunette, she probably does not recall him because in his everyday life he looks quite differently, „You work in Mosu restaurant, when I have days off, I come to eat there. Your name is Hyejin, right?“

„Right, and you are…“ The brunette still was not able to recall this man. 

„Oh, my name is Sung Hoon.“ ,the actor bowed slightly, being a bit uncomfortable because of being half , „I guess it is a destiny.“

Hyejin didn’t comment anything to his „destiny“ remark, just chucked. The brunette  is often being asked her number as a waitress, which really annoys her sometimes because she finds it is so impolite that while she just trying to do some work, some guys will also demand her phone number. She can tolerate the ones who ask it nicely, but some guys are real s and so full of themselves. Nevertheless, she is dating someone anyway. Someone whom she adores with her whole heart. Someone who makes her smile often those days. Seulgi. She needs to find her, the photographer is probably worried. The brunette now was drying the shirt with the hairdryer, luckily this bathroom has one.

„Ok, now the shirt is dry, the stain is not wholly away but it is barely noticeable.“, she gave the shirt to the guy. Sung Hoon was a bit clumsy and struggled with small buttons of the shirt. Hyejin came closer and helped the poor guy to button his shirt. Once she finished their eyes met, Sung Hoon smiled at her warmly, „Thank you.“

„Don’t thank, it was my fault int the first place.“ ,uttered Hyejin while  the shirt on his shoulder and giving it a small pat, „I need to go“, said the brunette.

Sung Hoon nodded, „Enjoy the party.“ The girl thanked him and apologised again while leaving the bathroom.

Now Sung Hoon was left alone in the bathroom. He stood there for a while looking at the mirror and touching his shoulders where Hyejin just patted. A wide smile was formed on his face. Whenhe saw her in a restaurant, that he visited to get some delicious food and where Hyejin works as the waitress, since that day he couldn’t stop thinking about the girl. And today having this little moment with her made his heart flutter even more. Even though she didn’t give him his number, he shouldn’t give up, thought Sung Hoon to himself. And meeting her here, today, only confirmed to him his theory that he was destined to be with her. He never believed in the love at first sight until he met the brunette. 

 

„See you soon again, Hyejin“, whispered he and left the bedroom joining again some of his acquaintances. 

N:

The appereance of the new character?...some others will also appear...P.S: I didn't proof read the chapter, so sorry for any typos and also sorry for grammar mistakes, English is not my first language. The second part of "party" episode will probably be released in two weeks...*inserted smiley that closes its eyes