Chapter 4

My Unnie Fell Inlove to me

 

Chapter 4 [Story Telling]

 

Chaeyoung just woke up. He doesn’t have the energy to go groceries so he canceled it.

He did his routine and took out his phone to text someone.

 

[On Phone]

 

Cub:

“Hey Tofu. Do you know any nice café near our apartment’?”

Tofu:

“There is! You get there for about 10 minutes if you walk.”

“Just go straight and turn right. And you will see a café.”

Cub:

“Ok, thanks for the info.”

Dahyun:

“No prob. 😉

 

 

Chaeyoung reached the café. It was quiet and calm.

He went to the counter and was about to order when he saw a familiar figure standing in front of him.

Chaeyoung: “Mina?”

Mina: “Chaeyoung?”

Chaeyoung: “Are you following me?”

Mina: “Why would I? I work here, pabo. Now, why are you here?”

Chaeyoung: “Breakfast. It’s not that obvious right? Dahyun recommends this café. Should’ve known. Anyways, I’ll just have a Latte and, Uhm, do you have any strawberry cake?”

Mina: “Oh yeah. We have.”

Chaeyoung: “Two slices.”

Mina: “Are you going to dine in or take out?”

Chaeyoung: “Take out.

Mina: “Total is 4,010 won. The cake is on the house.”

Chaeyoung: “Oh, ok. Here you go.”

Mina: “Here’s the cake and the latte.”

Chaeyoung: “Alright see you around.”

Mina: “Chaeyoung, wait!”

Chaeyoung: “Hmm? What is it?”

Mina: “Are you busy tonight?”

Chaeyoung: “No. Why?”

Mina: “Well, you see. Sana and Momo are out with their boyfriends, which is your friend and they told me they were going to sleep the night with them.”

Chaeyoung: “So?”

Mina: “So… can you… accompany me-“

Chaeyoung: “No.”

Mina: “Please, I will buy you strawberry milk later and some strawberry cakes. Just accompany me. I’m scared being alone…”

Chaeyoung: “Fine. When are you going home?”

Mina: “Around 8 to 9 pm. Why?”

Chaeyoung: “Then I’ll meet you at 8.” And he walked away.

Mina: “O-ok…” she said and blushed.

 

 

 

[8:00pm] [At Mina’s workplace]

 

 

Cling’ ‘Cling’. The door was opened by someone. And to her surprise, it was Chaeyoung.

 

Chaeyoung: “You still not done yet?”

Mina: “Oh, Uhm, not yet… My boss went out earlier leaving the keys to me. She said that I will be the one who’s closing the café.”

Chaeyoung: “Oh, I’ll wait then.”

Mina: “Do you want a strawberry milkshake? I can make one. It’s on me.”

Chaeyoung: “Impress me then. If I’m impressed then I’ll talk to your boss adding it to your menu.”

Mina: “Then it’s on.”

 

Chaeyoung went to a table while mina asked her co-worker to replace her on the counter.

Mina went to the kitchen and took some fresh strawberries, vanilla extract, ice cream, and milk.  She did what she has to.

After making the milkshake, she went to Chaeyoung’s table and placed the strawberry milkshake down.

 

Mina: “Here’s your order, sir.”

 

Chaeyoung took the milkshake and took a long sip of it. Mina got nervous and waited for Chaeyoung reaction. When Chaeyoung was done sipping. He took another sip, a larger one. And finished the whole strawberry milkshake.

 

Mina: “So, I’m guessing that you liked my strawberry milkshake?” she asked a little nervous.

Chaeyoung: “No. I don’t like it…”

Mina: “Oh, I thought it was good since you finished the whole-“

Chaeyoung: “I love it! Make another one. Oh, wait! Call your boss.”

Mina: “But he’s not here. Remember?”

Chaeyoung: “Ah! Right. Wait, what time is it?”

Mina: “It’s already… 8:50 pm. I should clean things up and after that, I can finally close the café.”

Chaeyoung: “Can you make one last strawberry milkshake?” he asked like a kid who wants to have another ice cream.

Mina: “Sure. Give me a minute.”

 

Mina took the cup that Chaeyoung used earlier and went back to the kitchen to make a new one.

Mina came back holding another cup of strawberry milkshake and gave it to Chaeyoung.

When chaeyoung receive the milkshake, he gave mina a small smile and mumbled ‘thanks’ which made Mina shook.

 

Mina: “You should do that often.”

Chaeyoung: “Do what?”

Mina: “Smile.”

Chaeyoung: “Oh, Uhm, I was just happy cause it’s been a while since I haven’t drink a nice strawberry milkshake. I don’t know how to make one so, I don’t really know how many days I haven’t drink one. The way you make this, makes me miss my mom.”

Mina: “Why? Where is your mom? Something happened?”

Chaeyoung: “Oh no. She just went on a vacation. A world tour with my friends' parents.”

Mina: “Oh. How many days?”

Chaeyoung: “I guess for about 1 to 2 years?”

Mina: “Well that’s… long.”

Chaeyoung: “Yeah. Also, my mom makes a strawberry milkshake for me when I show her my good grades or when I… I miss my Noona.”

Mina: “I’m sorry… really.”

Chaeyoung: “No, it’s ok. You should also close the café now. It’s past 9:00 pm.”

Mina: “Oh, yeah. I almost forgot. Let me clean up a bit.”

Chaeyoung: “Alright, I’ll just wait in the car.”

Mina: “Ok.”

 

After Mina finished cleaning, she closed the café and hopped inside Chaeyoung’s car.

They stopped by the 7/11 store to buy some strawberries and drinks. Once they were finished, they went straight to Mina’s Apartment.

 

Chaeyoung: “You guys have a nice room.”

Mina: “I don’t know you also give compliments.”

Chaeyoung: “Oh, Uhm, so what are we going to do now?” he said changing the topic.

Mina: “We’re going to drink tell each other's story if it’s ok?”

Chaeyoung: “Sure. Wait, are you going to drink beer while I drink strawberry milk?”

Mina: “You told me that you don’t drink.”

Chaeyoung: “I drink, but I easily get drunk so I’ll just have one cup. I’ll save the milk tomorrow.”

Mina: “That’s great!”

Chaeyoung: “Ok, now from what I’ve remembered, you still haven’t finished telling your story, right?”

Mina: “Oh yeah, right. Which part did I stop again?”

Chaeyoung: “The ‘One-time I-‘part.”

Mina: “Hmm. Ah, that one… My Father blames all the fault to me, he goes home drunk and hurts me.” She drinks one shot. “Because of that, I thought of leaving the house. When he was away, I packed the thing that I need and was about to leave. When I opened the door, I saw my father drunk again. He asked me why I’m wearing a backpack. I didn’t answer, I was scared, and he was about to slap me, but I stepped on his foot and ran away.” She takes another shot.

Chaeyoung: “Slow down.”

Mina: “Shhh. Where was I? Oh yeah. I went to every alleyway I can see just to get him off my tail. When I looked back again and didn’t saw him anymore, I slowed down but suddenly I bumped into this little boy. He was wearing his tiger onesie. I don’t know what he was doing that time, but he introduced himself to me.” She drank another shot.

Chaeyoung: “Tiger… onesie…?”

Mina: “He told me that his name is Chaeyoung. Weirdly, you have the same name. But that always happens anyway. I heard my fathers’ voice so I told him to run and he leads the way. We reached his house and were greeted by his mother. At that time, his mom was cooking for dinner.”

 

Why does that scene sound so familiar?’

 

Mina: “When his mom saw me she asked me what happened and I told her… them everything. Her mom told me that I can live with them and Chaeyoung was very happy to have an unnie.” She drank another shot.

Chaeyoung: “Hey, I told you to slow down.” But mina didn’t listen to him and continued telling her story.

Mina: “I was also happy to have a cute little brother. He said that he will protect me so that I won’t cry. The next day her mom told her that we will go to the church for Sunday prayers and buy me some clothes after that. When we got out of the church, Chaeyoung wants to go play at the park and her mom agreed but only for 30 minutes.” She took another shot. She was already drunk.

Chaeyoung: “P-park?”

Mina: “We played hide and seek. It was fun, but when it was my turn to hide, I choose to hide behind the car but suddenly my father saw me and hold my wrist. I keep trying to get away from him but he was just too strong. I lose hope but when I saw Chaeyoung, I got a little hope saying that I must not give up. Chaeyoung tried to help me but every time he did my father keeps hurting him. I have no choice but to follow my dad so he won't get hurt.” She is now crying. “When we got home, I saw another girl. I don’t know her. We have the same height and long hair but she was older than me for 3 years. We became friends and played. After 4 years my father started using drugs. He harassed her and I can’t do anything but look away. I want to help but she told me not because he might hurt me.” Chaeyoung is now beside Mina comforting her. “One time I… I was playing outside, Unnie was cooking and dad was still sleeping, but maybe because of the smell, he woke up. He… h-he took out a c-cigarette and light it up next to unnie and… and… she… they blow up. I saw everything from the window. I was about to stop him but… I was too late. When the house was on fire, I got scared and saw her body full of blood and a stick of wood in her stomach. I saw our neighbors going to our house to help. I was about to ask for help but I got scared because they might accuse me of killing them, so I ran away.”

Chaeyoung: “Hey~ It’s ok now. Your li-little brother is here to protect you. I-I won’t let anyone hurt my noona anymore. I’m so happy that you are still alive noona. I’m sorry for being cold to you. I’m sorry for not being strong enough to protect you that day. I’m sorry for everything.”

Mina: “…”

 

When mina didn’t reply to what he said, that was when he realized that she already fell asleep.

 

Chaeyoung: “Let me clean up for you, and let’s get you to sleep.” He took a pillow from the couch and replace him with the pillow. He started cleaning up the living room.

When he finished cleaning up, he carried Mina in a bridal style and put her to bed.

He was about to leave the room but Mina held his wrist and said “Don’t leave me again.” With her eyes closed and sad face.

 

Chaeyoung: “Alright, I’ll sleep here then..” He laid beside Mina and Mina hugged him as if he was her pillow.

 

 

It is already morning. Mina was the first one to wake up because of the pain she’s feeling in her head. She was about to leave the bed when she FINALLY realizes that someone else was also sleeping on her bed.

She got scared and kicked the person and scream.

Mina: “AHHHH!!! There’s a -“ she got cut off when the person spoke.

Chaeyoung: “Ouch, that hurts.” He said standing up while rubbing his . He then looked at Mina. “Why did you kicked me? I didn’t know that you’re a horse.” He mumbled the last sentence.

Mina: “I’m so sorry. I thought someone broke into the room. Why did you sleep beside me anyway?”

Chaeyoung: “You don’t remember?”

Mina: “The only thing I remember was I was drinking while telling you my story. Then I cried and hugged you…” she blushed the time when she said she was hugging him. “Did I do something crazy last night?”

Chaeyoung: “Crazy? I guess no. Nothing. Maybe the time that you want me to sleep with you. Is that counted as crazy?”

Mina: “Yes.”

Chaeyoung: “Oh, By the way, unnie. I will call mom later for the good news.”

Mina: “What good news?”

Chaeyoung: “That your still alive and your not the one who got burned that day.”

Mina: “Don’t tell me your…”

Chaeyoung: “You really don’t remember, do you?”

Mina: “Nope.” Popping the ‘p’.

Chaeyoung: “At first, when you told me that you found a cute little boy who was in a tiger onesie, I remembered the day when My noona which is you bumped into me that day. Then you said you went to the park and played hide n seek and your father saw you. I thought you were joking with me and maybe one of my friends told you my story that’s why I didn’t believe it at first. But when you said that you have a friend… That was when I knew that you were here and I just remembered that you have a constellation in your face.”

Mina: “So your my little brother…?”

Chaeyoung: “Yes! Aren’t you happy you saw me?” he asked with a little sadness in his voice.

Mina: “What? No! No, thought that you already forgot about me…”

Chaeyoung: “So your happy?” he grin.

Mina: “Of course, I am. It’s just that…” ‘I can’t love you the way I wanted to.’ Mina thought.

Chaeyoung: “What?”

Mina: “Nothing. Take a bath and I’ll prepare us some breakfast.”

Chaeyoung: “But I don’t have an extra shirt with me.”

Mina: “You can wear my hoodie and… My jeans?”

Chaeyoung: “That’s for girls.” He whined.

Mina: “Then do you want to walk down there ?”

Chaeyoung: “No.”

Mina: “Then stop whining. I never thought that the cold Chaeyoung was this childish.”

Chaeyoung: “But what about my underwear?”

Mina: “Err… Never mind, don’t take a bath.”

Chaeyoung: “But I stink.”

Mina: “Go home when you finished your breakfast.”

Chaeyoung: “Oh, then let me help you cook.”

Mina: “You know how to cook?”

Chaeyoung: “No. But-“

Mina: “Just arrange the tables for me.”

Chaeyoung: “That’s what I always do.”

 

They both went to the kitchen and Mina started cooking while Chaeyoung was busy arranging the table.

 

Chaeyoung: “Noona~ I’m done.”

Mina: “Just take a seat.”

Chaeyoung: “Are you gonna take long?”

Mina: “Not really.”

Chaeyoung: “Can I call mom?”

Mina: “Your choice, not mine.”

Chaeyoung: “Ok.” He took out his phone and called Mrs. Son.

 

 

[On call]

 

Mrs. Son:

“Hello? Chaeyoung?”

Chaeyoung:

Hey mom! I have good news for you!”

Mrs. Son:

“You do? What is it?”

Chaeyoung:

“Mina noona is alive!”

Mrs. Son:

“Chaeyoung, I know you miss her but-“

Chaeyoung:

“But it’s real now mom. She’s really alive!”

Mrs. Son:

“Where is she now?”

Chaeyoung:

“She’s cooking for both of us.”

Mrs. Son:

“Alright, fine. I believe you. I’ll go back to Korea 3 days from now. Ok?”

Chaeyoung:

“Ok, mom! See you in 3 days!”

Mrs. Son:

“Take care. I love you.”

Chaeyoung:

“I love you too~”

 

[End of the call]

 

 

Mina: “Breakfast is ready. Let’s eat.”

Chaeyoung: “Ok.”

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

Hey Guys! I know I haven't posted any chapters this past few days and it's been a week already but here it is the 4th chapter!

Hope you guys like this chapter.

Have a nice day and Be safe!

- Yana ^-^