Chapter 1

My Unnie Fell Inlove to me

Chapter 1 [Found and Lost]

 

[2009]

 

[No one’s POV]

 

Mina is running as fast as she can to escape his drunk Father. She went to every alley she can see just to shake her father away from her tail. When her father is now out of her sight. She suddenly bumped into a boy in a tiger onesie.

 

Boy: “Ouch…” he said as he stands up and rubs his . “That hurts!”

Mina: “I’m so sorry. Are you ok?”

Boy: “Yeah. I am.” And when he looked at Mina, he gasped seeing so many bruises on her face and body. “OMG! Why are there a lot of bruises in your body?!”

Mina: “Oh it’s nothing!” she said in a hurry.

Boy: “What do you mean nothing? Come on, let’s go to my house. And oh, By the way, I’m Chaeyoung. I’m 9 years old.” He said and gave his hand out for a handshake.

Mina: “Oh.” She said and accepted the handshake. “I’m 11 years old.”

Chaeyoung: “And your name is…?”

Mina: “My name is Mina- “but before Mina can answer, she heard his father calling her.

Mr. Kim: Mina~ Show yourself! Your mom is waiting for you~ Didn’t you said that you miss her? This is your chance to see her again… in Heaven.”

Mina: “Let’s go now! Run!”

Chaeyoung: “What? Why- “but before he can finish his words Mina already held his wrist and started running.

 

Chaeyoung: “Wait! Not that way. This way.”

Mina: “Are you sure?”

Chaeyoung: “Trust me.”

Mina: “Alright.”

Chaeyoung then leads the way and for about 5 minutes and they arrive at Chaeyoung’s house. Not so big but also so small, just perfect for a small family to live in.

 

Chaeyoung: “Here we are.” She said smiling widely.

Mina: “You have a nice house.”

Chaeyoung: “I know right.” She said proudly and Mina just chuckles.

 

They went in and were greeted by Chaeyoung’s mother.

Chaeyoung: “Mom! I’m done playing!”

Mrs. Son: “Come here in the kitchen dear and help me arrange the table.”

Chaeyoung: “Coming!” he looked at Mina and said. “Mina noona, you can leave your shoes here.”

Mina: “Ok.” She said and took off her shoes.

 

They went to the kitchen and Chaeyoung’s mom is already cooking for their dinner.

 

Chaeyoung: “Hey mom!” she said and kissed her mom’s cheeks.

Mrs. Son: “Hey dear. Oh, who’s this? And why do you have a lot of bruises?”

Mina: “Hi Mrs. Chaeyoung’s Mom! My name is Mina. And I’m 11 years old.”

Mrs. Son: “You’re a funny kid. Say, Mina, can you tell me who did this?” she said pointing at her bruises.

Mina: “My… My dad was the one who gave me these bruises.”

Mrs. Son: “Why did he hurt his own daughter like this?”

Mina: “B-because my m-mom… she passed away four days ago. After her funeral, dad always goes to the bar and goes home drunk. He said it was my fault that mom died and h-he started hurting me… Uwahhh!!!” when Mina started crying both Chaeyoung and his mother got startled and quickly comforted the crying girl.

Mrs. Son: “Shh… It’s ok. You can stay here for a while if you want. And you can also call me your mom if you want.”

Mina: “R ‘hic’ really?” she asked sobbing.

Mrs. Son: “Of course. Is it ok for you my dear?” he looked at Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung: “Of course! I can have an older sister now!! And I will protect my noona every time so that I won’t see her cry anymore!” he said smiling widely

Mrs. Son: “Alright. I’ll just prepare the food and we can start eating. And after eating you two must go to bath so we can treat Mina’s bruises ok, kids?”

MiChaeng: “OK!”

 

After dinner…

 

Mrs. Son: “Kids~ Go take a bath now.”

Mina: “But mom, I don’t have any extra clothes with me.” She said pouting.

Mrs. Son: “Don’t worry dear, I’m sure Chaeyoung has some clothes that fit on you.”

Chaeyoung: “Right! Wait here!” he said and went to his room. He went back to them and showed them his penguin onesie. “My mom bought me this onesie yesterday remember mom?”

Mrs. Son: “Yes, I remember.”

Chaeyoung: “Here noona. You can have it.” He said giving his onesie to Mina. “I haven’t used that yet since I’m a tiger, not a penguin. And that is a little big for me.”

Mina: “Aww, thank you chaengie~,” she said and hug Chaeyoung.

Mrs. Son: “We can buy you some clothes tomorrow after we go to church alright?”

Mina: “Thanks mom!” she said showing her gummy smile.

Mrs. Son: “Your welcome. Now, now. Go take a bath now. You will take a bath in my room, Chaeyoung. Mina will use your room.”

Chaeyoung: “Alright mom.”

 

They already finished taking a bath.

Chaeyoung’s mom told both of them that they will share a room and also share a bed until their mother can buy a new bed for Mina.

They then agreed to those and went straight to bed.

 

--------------------

 

Tomorrow came and they are ready to go to church as they planned. Chaeyoung’s mom lends some old clothes that she used when she was young to Mina since Chaeyoung is a boy.

 

Mrs. Son: “Omy! You really look good in my old clothes! You’re so cute!”

She was wearing a white-flowered blouse and a plain white skirt.

 

Chaeyoung: “Eomma is right! You look pretty in her clothes.”

Mina: “Thanks.” She said blushing.

Mrs. Son: “Awww. You’re blushing dear. C’mon, let’s go before we’re late.”

 

They arrived outside the church surrounded by pretty flowers and some kids hand-and-hand with their parents going inside the church.

 

Mina: “Wow! This looks like a park but a church!”

Chaeyoung: “I know right! It’s so pretty.”

Mrs. Son: “Ok, c’mon now. Don’t go anywhere alright? There are many people here, you two might get lost or worst, get kidnapped. So just stay with me.”

MiChaeng: “Yes mom!”

Chaeyoung: “But mom, can we go to the park first before we go to the mall? Please?” he said with puppy eyes.

Mrs. Son: “Not those eyes again… Ughh fine. But only 30 minutes ok?”

Chaeyoung: “Yey!! Thanks, mom!”

Mrs. Son: “Alright. Don’t be too loud or Father will get mad at us.”

Chaeyoung: “Hehe… Sorry, mom.”

 

 

They finished their prayers and buy some food on the streets since they haven’t eaten any breakfast yet.

Chaeyoung’s mom did her promise and went to the park with the kids.

Mrs. Son sat on one of the benches while Chaeyoung and Mina played hide and seek.

Mina was the one who will count to ten and Chaeyoung will hide.

Mina: “But I’m not good at finding something.”

Chaeyoung: “But I’m not ‘Something’. C’mon, I’m going to count next round.”

Mina: “Ok fine. Go and hide.”

Chaeyoung: “Close your eyes then.” He said and started running.

Mina: “1… 2… 3… 4… 5… 6… 7… 8… 9… and… 10! Come out, come out wherever you are!”

 

Mina went to every bench and saw Chaeyoung hiding on behind the bench.

 

Mina: “Boo! I found you!”

Chaeyoung: “You cheated! Why was that fast!”

Mina: “I didn’t! I was good at finding something.”

Chaeyoung: “But I thought you’re not good at it?”

Mina: “Did I? Nevermind that! It’s your turn to count now.”

Chaeyoung: “Ok fine. 1… 2…”

Mina: “Hey! I haven’t even run yet.”

Chaeyoung: “3… 4…”

Mina: “Ughh!” she said and ran and find a place to hide.

 

She saw some cars and decided to hide behind a car.

 

Chaeyoung: “7… 8… 10! Come out, come out wherever you are!”

 

He went everywhere but still can’t find Mina. Chaeyoung went to her mother and asked her but still no sign of Mina. Chaeyoung decided to search on the parked cars.

And there she is with an old man who’s holding her arm while Mina was trying to take his hands off her arms but the man was stronger than her so she can’t do anything but cry.

When Chaeyoung saw her noona cried, he ran towards them and hold Mina’s wrist.

 

Chaeyoung: “Who are you! Why are you taking Mina noona away? Let go of her! You’re hurting her!”

Man: “I’m her father! And I’m taking her somewhere that no one knows. Now get out!” he said and kicked Chaeyoung’s stomach.

Mina: “Chaeyoung! Why do you have to do that?”

Mr. Kim: “Because he was in my way so shut up and just follow me, so I won’t hurt him anymore!”

Chaeyoung: “Noona!” he stand up holding his stomach and ran towards them.

Mr. Kim: “Oh~ You’re quite a string kid aren’t you? And also stubborn like her.”

Mina: “Chaeyoung! Call mom and ask for help! Get out of here before he hurt you! Now!”

Chaeyoung: “No! I won’t go away!” he said and hugged Mina.

Mr. Kim: “You little rascal! I said get out of my way!” he separate both of them from the hug and slap chaeyoung on his left side and fell. He is now crying.

Mina: “Chaeyoung!”

Mr. Kim: “Shut up!”

Mina: “Please help me.”

Chaeyoung: “Noona…”

 

 

Chaeyoung went to her mom and told her what happened. They searched for Mina in every part of South Korea, but still no sign of her. They continued their search for 13 years and stopped their search when they saw the news saying that there is a girl found in an abandoned house who was burned to death. They said that maybe it was Kim Mina since it was their house. For those 13 years, Chaeyoung trained to be strong to fight Mina’s Father if they encounter him again, but he loses hope and became cold to people. And he tried forgetting about Mina.

 

Author’s Note:

Hey guys! I hope you like my first chap.

I don’t really know what my schedule of posting the next chap but I hope you will look forward to it.

The title is also ‘Found and Lost’ because Chaeyoung found Mina and also lost her the other day.

Hope you guys are safe and healthy. Have a nice day!

 

- Yana ^-^