2.0

Sorry! I'm An Anti-Romantic!

 

When they said that a romanticist and an anti-romantic shouldn't be placed in one space, the third person should be ready with every impossible possibilities that could happen. 

"Would you accept my love for a moment?" Jaemin walk to Minjae's table with a bottle of lemon juice, with an addition of a pink love sticky notes. 

Minjae didn't look away from her PC as she typed away her work. Which is an assignment  paper that Yangyang asked her to work for him. That guy had been repeating college after failing, making his dad threatening him that he would close the PC room if he didn't at least pass a C. 

"I believe I didn't order one, especially with a gross pink sticky notes." Minjae look from the corner of her eyes. 

She would never tell Jaemin that she appreciate that side of him but he's being a little bit too cheesy with it and she felt like every part of her body cringing with it. 

"Oh come on! Girls love it when I do this. Didn't you, Ha Minjae?" Jaemin wiggle his eyebrows as he lean closer to her table. 

Minjae didn't even move an inch. That's making Jaemin thought that Minjae is already so used and immune to him doing that. He's not harassing her, in a bad way. At least to him, he just like teasing her and being around her. 

"If I didn't know how you two works, I would've thought that you two are a couple." Haechan rolled his eyes from beside Yangyang. 

"We look good together, didn't we? Gross." Minjae made an ugly face to Haechan when he nodded in agreement. 

It's almost 9 o'clock and they're getting ready to get off work. Haechan is Jaemin's bestfriend that made Minjae wonder, how the hell did those two even become friends? The personality is so different that she had a hard time processing. 

"Both are weird. What do you expect?" Yangyang said. 

"I'm printing your work. Connect it to the printer. I don't expect anything less. They're pretty weird, and gross." Minjae lean over her chair and spin around.

But Jaemin being Jaemin, stop her chair by trapping the side of the chair with both of his leg. Minjae glaring at him and slapped his legs away, to no avail. He looks skinny from afar, but she didn't know what did he eat to be that strong. Like Haechan said, don't underestimate Jaemin's strength. He could smack you to the moon with his strength. 

"Can you stop moving around? It's making me dizzy." Jaemin took her drinks, open the lid and hand it over to her. To which she took from him with a small thank you. 

Yangyang and Haechan gawking at the two from the side as they keep watching their friends on the other side. 

"This is why people thought they are a couple. These two had no tact." Haechan palmed his face with both his hands, so done with his friends. 

"I also thought why did I even friends with these two weirdass people?" Yangyang grumbled under his breath, enough for only Haechan to hear. 

"Do you know why you don't miss a meal?" 

"Literally for my body to function and if you turn that into a pickup lines, I swear..-" 

"Wrong! How do you even miss a meal? Of course you would be missing a human. Like me!" 

Minjae groaned as she shook her head violently with a face that Jaemin would assume dying inside. She took a hold of his hands that making Jaemin's eyes twitch. 

"Please. Can you not go a day giving those cringy pickup lines to me? Why me of all people? Why not Haechan? Or Yangyang? Or even your fangirls?" 

Minjae desperately look at Jaemin. He's frozen like a statue. She hadn't realize what she was doing and Jaemin lowkey waiting for her to realize. 

"Why not? You're the best one I could give the pickup lines to. A perfect one actually. It's boring to give it to a guy so Yangyang and Haechan are not a good option for a pickup lines." His words making Yangyang and Haechan glaring at the very man. 

"The fangirls are annoying and they would just scream it off, while with you. I get the most perfect response. It shows the perfect interpretations of push and pull relationship. Like a romantic relationship should go!" 

Minjae crushed his hands in frustation, making Jaemin howling in pain. If it was Haechan, Jaemin wouldn't hold back and have already crushed his hands back. But this is Minjae, he didn't want to hurt her with his sometimes unpredictable strength. He would rather be in pain than hurting Minjae. 

Minwoo might kill him. 

"Ow! It's hurts! Baby cow!!" 

Minjae let him go as she walk over to Yangyang to check how the paper come out. 

"Did it come out well?" 

Minjae, Yangyang and Haechan huddled together as Jaemin close his PC and others. He waited for a signal from Yangyang to turn off but receiving a wait sign from Minjae. He walk over behind Minjae as he peek over her head. 

"I think this is good enough to make me pass. Want to go grab something after this? I'm hungry." Yangyang asked ask he realise that Jaemin standing behind Minjae. 

A little bit too close, not that he care. The two are always like that. 

"Me too. I'm so hungry." Minjae agreed to it when Jaemin spoke. 

"Your brother won't like it if you goes anywhere after work." Jaemin is not gonna agree because her brother won't like it. 

"Oh come on, Na Jaemin. My brother is worrying too much. I'm just with you guys, eating out." Minjae coax him a little bit. 

"I know. But this is night, Ha Minjae. At least tell your brother. If he said okay, then I'll be going with you. But if he said no, say bye to your dinner outside and say hai to your mom's food." 

Minjae unintentionally pouting as she whipped her phone out and grumpily talk to her brother. 

"I'm gonna be late to have dinner with your Nana, my sheep and puffy buns. I don't care if you like it or not. Bye." She said it in one breathe, making Jaemin, Yangyang and Haechan stare at her. 

"What?" 

"I start to think that you don't know how a legit conversation actually work." Jaemin look down at her in disagreement. 

"You need to at least wait for his answer." 

"Well, I'm not asking. I'm only telling him that and that is better that I told him where and what am I doing, rather than goes poof, not telling him a words." 

Jaemin is okay with her going anywhere but her brother is quite protective over her. So when she start cleaning up her table and PC, he decide to call Minwoo. 

"Don't worry. She'll be with me. You need to chill it out too. She's sulking here because of you." 

He chuckled when Minwoo cursed some vulgar words saying that he would lock Minjae out tonight. 

"I'll send her back in one piece. Don't worry." 

The four walked to the nearest food stall they could see and Minjae is really hungry that she just order whatever she saw first. The three boys watching her with amusement. 

"Baby cow, are you that hungry?" Jaemin asked as she eat the fried green onion. 

"Don't call me baby cow and for sake, it is calf!" 

Yangyang stare at the two once again. It's not that weird to see them like that. Somehow, he has this busy thought in his head. 

"Do you like Minjae?" 

And that question sucessfully making Minjae spurt the hot soup she's slurping, almost burning her tongue in the process. Jaemin, Yangyang and Haechan suddenly in chaos as they stood up abruptly taking the tissue and going to the counter asking for a water. Jaemin glare at Yangyang. 

"Can you not asked that kind of question to anyone eating?" 

Jaemin tapped Minjae's back before handing her a cold water. The latter can't think of anything but taking care of her burning tongue. 

"And that question isn't for her. I was asking you." Sitting down, Yangyang explained. 

Jaemin is still taking care of Minjae when he heard that. He, once again glare at Yangyang and Haechan on the side shook his head, knowing nothing. He's interested with those question, sure but he's hungry at the moment that he chose to wait for their food rather than picking on those two. 

Like they said, Yangyang surely is something else. 

"This alien? Liking me? Didn't you see the obvious? He go to my house everyday with a flower and pickup lines. What do you expect?" Minjae deadpanned. 

That's making Haechan and Yangyang cackling. While Jaemin just glare at his friends. He may always tease Minjae, but he knows not to cross the lines when it is about Minjae. 

"Stop it. I have someone I actually like." 

Minjae, Yangyang and Haechan all lift their head at his words. 

"Who?" Minjae can't seems to brain that statement. 

"Aaahh...you mean you like Suyi? That Valedictorian?" Yangyang asked, confirming Jaemin's crush. 

"Whoa...you have a crush and yet you want to kill me by harassing me with those pickup lines? You're quite something." Minjae sneered but Jaemin stay silent. 

Jaemin neither gonna say anything, nor he's gonna confirm anything. He didn't feel the oblige to tell them. 

"Ha Minjae?" 

Minjae was slurping down her noodles until her crown can be seen when a voice called her name. Jaemin is on the side holding her ponytail as to make sure it didn't fall into her bowl. She lift her head when she heard the voice and Jaemin put her hair down. 

"Umm... Xiaojun? Come, join us!" 

Minjae is esthetic when she saw Xiaojun, Yangyang's roommate back in college. Also the one who gifted her a basketball that she loves so much during her 21st birthday. Probably the closest people can see that Minjae is straight and girly. 

"What are you doing here?"

Yangyang wanted to scoot over to Minjae but Haechan seems to notice as he step on Yangyang's shoes to give that empty spot beside Minjae to Xiaojun. It took Yangyang a while to register that Haechan wanted to match the two. Jaemin saw that from the side and he have to say that he didn't like it. 

"I was walking Bella. She's been so fat and she was asked to excercise. We goes to vet this evening and she's been very lazy." 

Minjae automatically leaning closer to Jaemin. Almost clinging at him with the mention of Bella. 

"Aiyaa! Bella don't come close!" 

That is well known in the groupie that Minjae is afraid of a dog. Yangyang and Haechan took their time laughing with Xiaojun asking Bella to stay still and not come any closer to Minjae. 

While Jaemin, practically being hugged to death by the scaredy cat Minjae. If he didn't know any better, he would've for finally acting like a typical romantic girl, asking for protection from her boyfriend, which he isn't. 

"You act like Bella will eat you." Yangyang raise his brows at her position beside Jaemin. 

"You don't know that feelings when you got chased and bitten by a dog, do you?" She retorted as she let go of Jaemin and hold his sleeve while continue to eat with one hand. 

It is not too crazy to say that Jaemin actually like it that Minjae actually cling to him for dear life. When will he get to see that? Which is why he didn't say anything, much to Yangyang and Haechan's oddity. 

And the fact that Jaemin keep watching over Minjae and Xiaojun is very suspicious too. Yangyang is not gonna sound crazy if he told Haechan that Jaemin seems to like Minjae. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N : Me is still alive, barely. Eating too much durian these days and loving every moment of it.🤣 Almost got asthma attack from too much rambutan consuming. 🤪 Got scolded by my mom, in which I still doing it.🤣 Sorry mom, my love for fruit is kinda bigger than you. 🤪🤣 

Anyway, do COMMENTS and SUBSCRIBE! 😘