6.0

Sorry! I'm An Anti-Romantic!

 

It was the day of Jaemin and Minwoo's camping. Including Yangyang, Haechan and some other friends. And Yangyang had brought Xiaojun together, much to Jaemin's annoyance. 

"Are you mad?" 

Adding to that, Minwoo decide to brought Minjae along because she didn't stop pestering him until she got that forbidden yes from her brother. Jaemin had never been this silent before and it makes Minjae thought that he was mad at her. 

Jaemin didn't answer. Instead, he pulled her close to wrap her in his sweater. 

"It's cold." 

And he leave. 

"What's wrong with him? Did he ate something weird?" Minjae made a stank face as she saw Jaemin walked over to Minwoo. 

"Who?" 

Minjae was startled when a voice slithering beside her ears. Turning around, her eyes met with a figure of Yangyang being done with the firewood. 

"Jaemin. I think he's mad at me." 

"Why?" Yangyang had put his gloves down. 

"Because I wanted to follow you guys. I know it's an all man camping but my brother is with me. What is he mad for?" Minjae voiced out her insatisfaction for Jaemin's absurd cold shoulder to her. 

"He's worried about your safety. He cared about you. You're still a woman, afterall." Yangyang sigh. 

"Are you going double standard on me right now?" Minjae narrowed her eyes when Yangyang chuckled and put his arm around her shoulder. 

"Ha puppy, it's not about double standard. We are worried because you are a woman. Not because you can't get up to par to a man. That's not it. We don't know how each man think when they saw a woman. I trust only Jaemin and Minwoo here that would protect you at all cost." Yangyang looked so lost in his thought. 

"What about you, Haechan and Xiaojun?" And Jaemin had told her the same thing. 

"I don't trust myself. Neither Haechan or Xiaojun. I am a man myself. Men knows men. That's why Jaemin looks like that. He's worried about you." Yangyang ruffled her hair when they heard a voice calling Minjae. 

"Cow baby, come here!" 

"Go on." 

They sigh simultaneously. Yangyang can only watch when Jaemin walk over to Jaemin who had set up one tent that is enough for two people. 

"I don't even trust myself not to like you more than a friend. What more as a man." 

"So I wasn't wrong when I saw how you look at Minjae. You do like her." 

Haechan made him startled when the former suddenly already beside him. How long had he been standing over there to over heard it? 

"Shut up." Yangyang tried to brush it off when Haechan put his arm around his shoulder. 

"You do notice that Jaemin actually like her, right? In a way that we long realize that he had been liking her since our college days." Haechan silently said as they watch Minjae stood in front of Jaemin, seemingly arguing about something. 

"I know. And I don't want to ruin our friendship, because of my feelings for her." 

"Then, why did you bring Xiaojun here? I know it was my idea to pair them up but since you already know that Jaemin likes her, it seems useless to bring him together." 

"Why can't I? He's my friend." Yangyang looks so offended that he smacked Haechan's back. 

Much to the latter's shock, which is why the camp site is in chaos with Haechan running with a piece of fire wood, trying to hit Yangyang with it. 

Meanwhile... 

"You, sleep in here with your brother." 

"No! He snore like a Titanic! And he sleeps like a log! He kicked people in his sleep! Let me sleep in your tent!" Minjae widened her eyes as she refuse. 

Yes she loves Minwoo but his sleeping habit is not in her loved list! 

"Cow baby, don't you understand what the consequences is? I am a man. How can you say that casually?" Jaemin squint his eyes, scolding the girl. 

"I know! But I trust you." 

"Would you still trust me if I do this?" 

Jaemin lean down real close to her face, lips inch away. Minjae stilled but never leaning away. Eyes keeping contact with Jaemin's sparkling fiery one. 

Has it always been like that? 

"I know who I trust. They won't do anything that would harm me. No matter how annoying you are, I trust you to bring me back home in one piece. So to say, even if we sleep together, you won't hurt me. I learn that you would never do anything that would harm me." 

"Yet you came here for your stubborn ." Jaemin cut her off. 

Because he's getting lightheaded and swayed by the way she kept saying that he wouldn't do anything that would hurt her. The way words keep rolling off make him feeling like floating above the ground. 

"Come on. Why are you mad at me? This is my decision. I am no child. I know what I do. At this point, you sounds like a chauvinistic...-" 

"Don't...go there. Because I'm not like that. You know that better. You've always know that I am protective of you. And you just decide to not see it." Jaemin walked closer to her, making her step back. 

Backwards till her back hit a tree and Jaemin took the opportunity to put his hands on her head. 

Minjae gulped. Finding this different version of Jaemin, intimidating. She had never seen Jaemin like this before and it kinda scare her. Jaemin had always been sweet around her and being cute. But she's scared less when Jaemin didn't even smile at her and sounds mad at her the whole day. 

"I didn't want anything to happen to you. Not under my nose, in front of me. Even if I am here for you, like I always did, I still would be worried for what danger might come your way. I don't underestimate your strength, but to compare your build with a man, I worry about that, baby." 

Minjae froze. Jaemin had always been sweet, sure. But to hear him worrying about her, amidst everything, warm her heart. She knows that Jaemin is very protective of her and she just ignore it. And the fact that he didn't doubt her independence made Minjae want to cry. Because her family didn't think she could live being alone. 

"Do not call me that!" But her deep shade of red ears betrays her. 

Jaemin was about to continue scolding her and list everything that could go wrong when he notice the way her head lowered. Not to mention her red ears. Probably because of the new petname he called her. 

"Baby..." 

"I said don't!" 

"But I want to." 

Jaemin'e eyes not leaving her. Not even a second, when Minjae stomo on his foot. But Minjae forgot that Jaemin has a high tolerance for pain, which is why he didn't even react to it. 

"Try harder, baby. Your feet is as small as the ant. Can't feel anything down there." Jaemin pull a bold move as he blew raspberries on her ear. 

And that successfully made Minjae red the whole day! 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N : I've made my decision. I will cut this one short. I've been on hiatus a little longer than I expect.😅