5.0

Sorry! I'm An Anti-Romantic!

"Cow baby!" 

Minjae took a very much deep and long intake of breathe when she heard Jaemin's voice calling her, yet again through her new day. When she was just this determined to be a happy and unproblematic on her newly, freshly beautiful day, wearing her best outfit of the day. She imagined herself walking out in her black jeans and brown longsleeves, wearing her favourite sneakers, ready to attract people's attention with her confidence when...

"Cow baby!" 

...that happen. 

Na ing Jaemin. 

"I am this close want to move out from my house but to think about it again, why don't you move?" 

Ha Minjae should've known that since day one that Na Jaemin would wait for her outside her house every ing morning with the first flower he saw, to annoy her with. 

"Why would I? Who will give you flower if I move?" He wiggled the flower playfully in front of her, insisting for her to take it. 

Rolling her eyes, Minjae took the flower and shoved it carefully inside her bag. Despite Jaemin annoying her, she appreciate the flowers that he gave him. And she would keep the flower in her room or even dried it. That, is to be kept as a secret from Na Jaemin. 

He didn't have to know that

"Yangyang can give me one, even if it's plastic. That little said I'm an anti romantic when he can't even differentiate a real flower with a plastic one." 

Jaemin's smile faltered a little at her words. He felt weird when he imagined Yangyang giving her flower instead of him. That image looks distorted in his head. 

"Do you like him?" 

His blunt question got Minjae freeze in her track as she turn to her side. She looks baffled at the question. They're almost reaching their workplace. Minjae put her palm over his forehead, making Jaemin close his eyes briefly. He likes the feelings of her hands over his forehead. 

She didn't have to know that. Yet. 

"Are you sick? Why would I like that idiot? And why are you asking me that?" 

Jaemin was about to ask again when Yangyang and Haechan appear out of nowhere. 

"Hey! Don't do that!" The startled Minjae kicked Haechan on his shin. 

"You little ! Don't kick my leg!"

He was clinging on Jaemin's shoulder to support his body. But Jaemin is way too distracted to even say anything. He's eyeing the two person in front of him. 

"Here. My mom made this. And apparently if I didn't give it to you, I might start camping outside your house." Yangyang hand Minjae a small paper bag. 

Minjae peek inside the bag. "What is this?" 

"I don't know. She said you like eating cookies so I guess that's cookies." Yangyang shrugged, turning to Jaemin. 

"Why are you looking so tense? What happen? You confess to Minjae or what?" And that earning Yangyang another kick from Minjae. 

"Shut the hell up! Why are you always pairing me with this idiot?" 

"Because you two looks nice together, so why the hell not?" Haechan said with Jaemin trying to push him away. 

Minjae rolled her eyes together with Jaemin and Yangyang smiled at that. 

They do look nice together, he thought. 

"Nana, do you have space in your bag?" Minjae tried to sort her things to put the biscuits in her bag. 

"Why?" Jaemin open his bag, inspecting some space. While ignoring the fact that Minjae hardly call him with his nickname, Nana.

"Keep this for me? I don't have space in my bag." 

Jaemin took it from her without much words, which Yangyang and Haechan saw and snickered quietly on the side. 

"Who are they lying to?" 

Jaemin patted her head softly which Minjae just let him because no matter what she do, Jaemin would still find a way to do that. 

"Did your brother tell you?" Jaemin decide to ignore his uneasiness about Minjae and Yangyang. 

"He did. But why can't you bring me along too? I want to go camping too!" Minjae sulk. 

She heard that Minwoo and Jaemin decide to go camping with their friends. At a waterfall at that so it made her jealous that Minwoo didn't ask her at all. 

"It's an all man camping, cow baby. Your brother would be worried if you join because you're the only woman coming." 

"But I have you though." 

Minjae may not said anything much but those words successfully made his heart skipped a beat. 

Sometimes Minjae forgot that, even if they fought and bickered a lot, she always comfortable when Jaemin is around. 

Because Jaemin made her felt like someone who worth everything, even at her worst end. And to top that off, Jaemin and Minjae are completely black and white. 

Never mixing with each other. And that's what compliment them. Their difference brings out the compatible chemistry inside them. Like Jaemin being a romantic and Minjae being the complete opposite. 

"And I'm still a man, cow baby." 

Jaemin turned serious and Minjae stop pestering because a serious Jaemin is not to be messed with. 

"Are you...mad?" Minjae carefully asked. 

"I'm not mad. I just don't want anything to happen to you. I know that you're pretty much rugged and a man in a woman's body. But sometimes you gotta remember, men will always be men." 

Minjae stilled when Jaemin turn to face her before leaving her downstair to their PC room. 

It's the first time ever she heard Jaemin talking to her like that. He had never reminding her about things that she always seems to forget. That a man will always be a man. 

It holds a big meaning behind it. 

And she understand. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N : Hello! I'm back! From half dead.🌚 I decide to come back here to release my stress. Writing had been a pain in the . I need to try again.🤦🏻‍♀️ A chapter felt like a year time to come up with.🌚 

Annnndddd, back to Nana and Cow Baby!!!😘