Encounter

Voyage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minwoo can’t sleep, even he stuffs his day with pack schedules, even his body is aching and begs to rest, even he already closes his eyes for the past half hour—he can’t. A surprising facts about someone that used to be his everything shakes him in so many ways. And it’s funny, cause Minwoo used to think what he’ll do if someday he can meet him again, if someday he can find him again—but right now, he doesn’t know what to do.

 

Ten years. Yet the wound still so red and raw. It suppose to be just an ordinary break up, not his first one either, but for Minwoo it feels like, he lost the world. The day that someone walks away and breaks his heart to pieces—everything turns dark. 

 

They’re so young but so in love. Minwoo believe him, and that someone never failed to deliver happiness for Minwoo. They complete each other, Minwoo is a natural romantic person while the other is the brave one. They don’t really hide it—flaunts their love to their close circle, it’s a difficult path but they hold each other hand and face it together.

 

Grabs his phone, Minwoo slides the screen—he get those informations that Eric shares yesterday, secretly. Opens his photos folder, he stares at the first image—touches it with a tip of his finger.

 

The face that nothing but stranger to him now, the one that he see on his dream or nightmare.

 

That man, nothing really changes a lot. His face still handsome, a small smile he give to Junjin still make his crinkles visible, and the way his eyes not really focus—Minwoo knows, he must be on his panics mode. Can’t blame him tho, with Hyesung looking so excited in front him, it must be that kind situation he never expect before.

 

Glances at the clock, it almost morning, just another sleepless night for Minwoo then. He sits, rubs his face hard, as if he can wipe away the tiredness he feels. Walks to the bathroom, wash his face, brush his teeth, wears his favourite hoodie, then take his car key.

 

It sounds stupid, even on his mind, it feels so dumb. But he’s the stupid one. The one who waste his tears, his times, his sanity to believe that his love is enough to make him back.

 

Minwoo sets his phone on the dashboard, opens the GPS and enter the address quickly. He doesn’t know what will make him regret more later, do this and don’t do this. But right now he’ll just trust his heart.

 

.

.

 

“Which one?”

 

Hyesung looking up, see a different tie on Eric hands, and think a bit. “Wear the blue one, I’ll wear blue pants later.”

 

Nods cheerily, Eric just toss away the other tie and hangs the blue one around his shoulder, then leans on the wall—observes Hyesung who still being pampered by their stylist.

 

After all the turbulents that they face, sometimes Eric still can’t believe, in months they’ll marry each other. If someone asks him five years ago, the day he declares his love for Hyesung—what’ll happen with their future, he’ll just give them small smile, not really sure how to answer it.

 

But world being a better place suddenly—love wins on the start of this year in their country. Yes, they still receive that disgust stares or snide remarks from stranger on the streets, but the hell with that, it’s legal now and it’s enough for them.

 

“You’re daydreaming,” Hyesung flicks his fingers in front of Eric face, “Thinking about something?”

 

Shakes his head, Eric scans Hyesung appearance then give him a big smiles. “You look so beautiful, dazzling.”

 

“Shut up, Ric!”

 

It maybe sounds sharp, but Hyesung redden cheeks say otherwise.

 

“Cute.”

 

“Yak!” 

 

A small punch lands on Eric shoulder, make him flinchs but also laughs. He grabs Hyesung arm, and drags him to sit together on one seat sofa, let Hyesung to sit on his laps instead.

 

“What we’ll tell them, hmm?”

 

“Anything that we never share it before,” Hyesung lean his body to Eric chest, “but I think, with the way they blackmail us, they’ll still ask about Dongwan and our relationship with him tho.”

 

Heaves a sigh, Eric hums and nods his head. He thinks about this posibility too—the question about Dongwan is forbidden on their contract everytime they appear on a shows, that’s what they decided together to respect Minwoo condition back then, sometimes it’s only Junjin who talks about him candidly.

 

Yet this time, with the blackmail material—it’s gonna be difficult to avoids that question. Deep down Eric knows, in their field all the staffs and their friends already knows about their broken relationship.

 

But in fans eyes, they’re still their number one group, the tight like a brother group that will make a reunion as six like the promise they make on their last stage together. 

 

The news days ago prove that, it caused an uproar in the fandom. And isn’t really die down till today honestly, eventhough Hyesung and Junjin already posting on their SNS, the screenshoot of the clarification news.

 

“It’s okay,” Hyesung rubs Eric arm, “if they asks about him, I’ll be the one who answer it if you’re uncomfortable.”

 

“What’ll you say?”

 

“Hmm, we’re good, he’s good—that I just met him and spend a good time with him,” Hyesung says quietly, “as long as I don’t reveal his whereabouts and keep them from release the picture, it’s okay. And it’s the truth too.”

 

“Yes, I think it’s safe. But, good time huh?”

 

“Yeah, good time and he’s a good cook now, it’s hard to believe right?” 

 

“Syungie..”

 

“Eo?”

 

“You don’t mad at him?”

 

“I used to mad at him,” Hyesung plays with Eric hand this time, feeling the distress on Eric voice “but mad at him didn’t give me any closure, Ric. And I need it.”

 

Closure. Isn’t just Hyesung, Eric needs it too, everyone in their group need it too—especially Minwoo. Eric knows it well, but it just hard to admit it. Dongwan depatures put their relationship into jumble mess, something that Eric never imagine will happen to them.

 

“Ric-ah, Syung..”

 

Their long-term manager come to them with his tab hurriedly and looks tense. 

 

“Eo hyung?”

 

“The interview is canceled,” he answers Eric fastly, “and here, they send us another email.”

 

Hyesung take over the tab, unlock the screen—and both of them straight up their body at the same time, shocks with what they see with their own eyes.

 

The picture they send this time not as clear as the previous one, but still, Hyesung and Eric can identifying the objects—Minwoo’s car, with an open window and him inside without a mask or glasess, in front of a building that suppose to be Dongwan’s office.

 

And the next slide, it’s another angle of the car, with all the windows closed, but Dongwan is there with a friend, unaware about the car owner, also the stalker.

 

“What the hell!?” Eric snaps. “What they want this time!?”

 

“Nothing,” manager hyung shakes his head, “so I think, we need to prepare for the worst.”

 

“Where’s Minwoo right now?” Hyesung asks, but his eyes still stares at the tab, thinking hard why someone do this to them.

 

“On the way back here, I already inform him to meet us at agency, but I just tell him something urgent happens.”

 

“Okay, let’s back to the agency.” Eric heaves a sigh and closes his eyes momentarily from fatigue that suddenly growing inside his skull.

 

Glances at his fiance, Hyesung then put away the tab, facing Eric then hugs his neck, nuzzles his head on Eric shoulders.

 

“We’ll be okay, let’s do this together, yeah?”

 

.

.

 

Drives at rush hour from Gapyeong to Seoul, really takes a lot times and Minwoo patience, and the facts that he needs to go to the agency rather than his own apartment for whatever that sounds so urgent, give him an extra headache already.

 

He sighs for the umpteenth time. His minds still so fuzzy. All this time, he thinks a lot what he’ll do if he ever see Dongwan again. Ten years ago, he just want run to him, and hug him then kiss him and hold him again. Years after that, he really want to punch him, big and hard. For all the pains that Dongwan engraved on his heart. Then lately, he doesn’t think about him a lot—just wish him that he still alive and be well.

 

Yet, when he finally see him two hours ago—he wants do everything. Run to him and hug him, kiss him but also punch him. It takes a lot of power to stop himself from doing all of that. Junjin’s right. Dongwan’s fine, and loved. He’s alive and looks happy. 

 

For Minwoo, it feels unfair—yet, when he see the laugh Dongwan does, he also feels relieve, warm spreads inside his heart.

 

.

.

 

“Someone stalks Dongwan hyung then.” Andy concludes, after looking at the new pictures. “He’s being papped since year ago, or maybe more. Someone who takes the photo just wait one of us to meet him I think.”

 

“I’ve met with his neighborhood, they just a small community, like that kind of village when everyone know everyone, and Dongwan hyung is the youngest there,” Junjin shares what he knows, “I think, I can guarantee the stalker isn’t someone who live

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter