The Days of Comfort

Voyage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shinhwa Company announced that what happened in the past was a big misscommunication between the members.

 

[+6243] Heol, the only time they didn’t use their fist, it’s resulting to a disband, huh?

[+5432] Ahh…I used to believed they’re really had real brotherhood relationship outside the stage, but I was wrong…

[+4321] As their fan for twenty years, the news still surprised me…we really can’t trust eveything we see..

[+3210] Misscommunication? What a joke! I want a refund for the heartbreak I suffered because they abandoned their member just like that…

.

.

[+654] No matter what, I still believe them, they met each other, and come together to protect Dongwan oppa, it’s a good start for a new friendship. Shinhwa-nim, you’ve my support.

 

Dongwan let out a big sigh and can’t help but to frowns—of course the only comment who support them is on the below with smaller amount of likes. He knows perfectly, reading all the comments on every articles about their news isn’t really a good idea. But he can’t stops himself. It irks him to seeing his friends being accused, even right now he has support from the nation.

 

They’ve their own mistakes, if only Dongwan didn’t hide it by himself, it’d lead them to a different story with different ending—yet no one really see that point. 

 

He already offers to release his own statement, but Eric refused his idea, just asks him to waits and follows his instruction for now. It frustates him, but he can’t do anything, except obeys Eric—afraid if he does something on his own he’ll just make the situation worsen, and monitoring the comments also dislikes them.

 

“Stop reading the comments,” Jungwan rolls his eyes, getting tired after telling Dongwan the same things repeatedly,  “let them be, they know nothing.”

 

“That’s why I want to tell them the truth so they know something,” Dongwan pouts his lips, “we have our own mistake, no way they’ll let me out the group if the knew what happened.”

 

Jungwan chuckles, understanding Dongwan’s mind but can’t really help him either. Trusting Eric and their team, are the wisest way for now. He drives the car slowly, let the fresh air fills them naturally from the open windows, hopes it’ll help Dongwan to unwinds and ease his worries.

 

It’s third day since Dongwan’s back to Gapyeong, he used a whole first day to cleans up his home, he leaves it for one week, and everything just mess inside and outside, but at least he doesn’t need to worry someone gonna paps him or jumps on him from the bush or somewhere hidden anymore. He’s not totally free—it’s still long journey ahead, but it makes him feels safer.

 

His second day, fills with the dreads, ‘cause it’s the day when he reveals everything to his team leader and superior—with the new law, he knows perfectly he can’t be expelled or fired, but it’s still not an easy thing to do. He’s not embarrased about who he is or who he loves, never. But the circumtances of situation making it kinda harder, way harder than when he’s coming out to his mom fifteen years ago, or some his closest friends years ago.

 

He wants to explain about the lawsuit and the background story one by one, because he doesn’t want the team know from an outsider or the paper. No matter what, it’s them who accept him and work with everyday. 

 

“Cut it out, Wan.” Jungwan elbowing his friend lightly, after Dongwan just being quiet beside him, “look at the bright side, like—yesterday you’re worry over nothing, right? It’s a new world, Wan. Even they’re not really understand, they still accept and respect you. Ah, I’m proud with our co-workers.”

 

Dongwan let out a small chuckles, Jungwan’s right. Dongwan just so lucky to have an understanding people around him, he’s already prepared himself for the worst—his habit to lowering the expectation, yet they simply accept and respect him. Looking him as a decent human and good person to work with.

 

“I know,” Dongwan nods a bit, “I’m happy with the way they accept my sudden confession, but—it’s been three or four days since the statement being released yet the articles keep coming and cornering the rest of my member, Wan.”

 

“You call them your member now, eh?” 

 

Realising what he says after Jungwan’s question, makes Dongwan sputters, and Jungwan laughing at him.

 

“I don’t think the public opinion matter to your life, but if you really concern about them.” After laughing for a while, Jungwan back to the topic. “Trust me, after the trials and everything, the public will know the truth too, and eventhough we can’t predict what will happen, but no one sides with the bad person, Wan. Remember that.”

 

Once again, Jungwan’s right. It just Dongwan’s minds kind of all over the place still, making hard for him to think clearly.

 

“How can I left for three days and suddenly you’re being way mature like this?”

 

Snorts, Jungwan pats Dongwan’s arm playfuly—he knows it’s Dongwan’s way to show his gratitude towards him. “Nah, in this relationship, I’m the mature one from the start, fool.” 

 

Jungwan pull the hand-brake after parking his car smoothly in the small field not far from his home. Both of them getting out from the car, bringing the grocery they bought on the way, and walking side by side.

 

To be honest, this is also worrying Dongwan. It’s his idea, to compensate the dinner they canceled when both of them need to go to Seoul suddenly nights ago. Yet, meeting with Jungwan’s wife this time will be different. They’re friend, Jungwan and his wife are his age-closest friend he has in this small area. Of course he doesn’t want to loss them, but Dongwan also understands Hyunju is a person with her own feeling, and he needs to prepare for whatever Hyunju’s reaction towards him—because Jungwan refused to tells him what Hyunju thinks about him.

 

“Oppa,” Hyunju standing at the foyer, when Jungwan opens the door, she takes over the plastic bag from Jungwan’s hand and smiles at them, “Dongwan oppa, it’s been a while, let’s cook the dinner together.”

 

With a simple smile, Dongwan nods and follows Hyunju to the kitchen, he puts the groceries on the table and washing his hand, not awkward because this is not his first time here, but keep silent because he doesn’t know how to open the talks with Hyunju who currently prepares the ingredients they need.

 

“Why’re you being quiet like this?” Hyunju peels the onions and steals a glance at Dongwan across her after they work together without utters some words for ten minutes or something, “where the nosy Dongwan’s oppa I know, huh? You’re not even ask me about your favorite baby girl.”

 

“Hyunju-ya..”

 

Let out a small smile and facing Dongwan with a soft eyes, Hyunju chuckles. “I’m dissapointed with you, oppa.”

 

Put the knife hurriedly, Dongwan glancing at Hyunju then looking down while exhales his breathe, “I’m sorry Hyunju-ya..”

 

“Do you know what you apologize for?”

 

“I’m not sorry for who I am, it’s me being me. But I understand perfectly if you can’t accept me, or thinking I can give a bad influence to—“

 

“Don’t be stupid,” Hyunju stiffles her laugh, “I don’t care about that, you’re her favorite uncle anyway. I’m dissapointed because you hide it, oppa. I know isn’t easy, but I hope, from now on you’ll trust us more.”

 

Dumbfounded with Hyunju explanations, Dongwan lifts up his head, staring at her.

 

“I keep pestering Jungwan oppa after he’s back, and he refused to tell me, said it better for me to hear it from you, not his place to tell me,” Hyunju recalls the conversation she had with her husband, “yet I can’t help but worrying a lot. You’re my husband’s best friend, but also an oppa that I care. And when finally I know the truth, of course I was surprised, but we’ve been friends for four? five years? Even you’re nosy and noisy, you’re a good person, always ready to help us, plays with our baby, care about our wellbeing—so I won’t like you less, in fact I’m kinda awkward right now because I remember that time I arranged a blind date for you with my acquaintance. You should tell us, oppa.”

 

Dongwan remembers when Jungwan calls him, asks his permission if he can shares the truth with his wife and he says yes because he doesn’t know how to tell her himself—and hearing all of the things Hyunju says, puts his heart on ease completely for now. He gets all the supports he needs, from the ones who matter the most for him.

 

“I refused the blind date plan, yet you’re still insisted.” Dongwan replies her cheekily, “but, thank you so much, Hyunju-ya. Jungwan’s really lucky to has you, and you’re too.”

 

“Ah, no one want to life with him except me,” Hyunju replies jokingly to lights up the mood, “so, tell me then? the details I mean.”

 

Chuckles with her, Dongwan picks up his knife again, and continue to chops the veggies while tell her the rest of the story. 

 

“I got the report about her medical check up this morning, and it’s surprising but her mental still in a good place, so we can continue with the trials. I’ll back to Seoul next week for the first trial, and hope everything will go smoothly.”

 

“She’s indeed sick but does it while being sober, she deserves the heavy punishment,” Hyunju can’t helps but shows her annoyance looks, “I’ll pray so she spends lot of years behind the bars.”

 

“Yak, you’re a baby’s mom, don’t pray for bad things or it’ll be bad karma for my goddaughter,” Dongwan smiles a little, “Ah, I miss her, let’s cook this quickly so I can play with her.”

 

Rolls her eyes, Hyunju just chuckles. Hand in hand they cook together, Hyunju in charge of the soup and Dongwan is the one who cooks the meat. 

 

“Oppa..”

 

“Eo?”

 

“Don’t answer if my question cross the line, but—what’s your feeling about Minwoo-ssi right now?”

 

Surprise with the sudden question, Dongwan steals a minutes to think—of course he knows what he feels towards Minwoo, but says that out loud to other people feels like he admits and validates the feeling while the only thing he wants just to keep loving him in silence.

 

“Complicated,” Dongwan answers it at last, “I’m happy we can be friend again, I just don’t want to mess up this second chance I get.”

 

.

.

 

“I miss him.” 

 

Hyesung lifts up his right eye, eyeing Jihoon who blurts out his mind after he finished to tell him and Kangta the story, which currently affect their plan to release a song together.

 

“He used to be so goofy,” Jihoon reminisces the days, “does he change a lot?”

 

“If someone spend 10 years hiding the wound like him and doesn’t change, don’t you think it’s weird, fool?” Kangta replies him half serious half jokes. Laughing at his best friend who pouts at him.

 

“Yak, I gather both you here to postponed our singles plan,” Hyesung leans of his seat, amuses with what he sees, but still showing his serious face “it’s a bummer, but the public will chew me more if I continue this, right?”

 

“Don’t you all have plan about that?” Jihoon asks Hyesung, “the bad news I mean, and bad comments. Not that I keep tabs on your articles, but well, it’s a hard time for you, eh.”

 

“To be honest, not really.” Hyesung chuckles and being honest, “we already predict the outcome with the statement we published, the only one who worrying about it is Kim Dongsan. He offers us to release his own statement too, but Eric said no, and it’s shocking but he obeys Eric for now.”

 

Kangta also chuckles, “it looks like all of you willingly to accepts the unfavorable comments huh?”

 

“Bingo,” Hyesung nods and smiles at his friends, “it’s the truth, we’re not trying enough to understand the situation better back then, we just let him go easily. Our legal team compiling the rudes and the ones that cross the line, but the others, I just kinda agree with the comments actually.”

 

“What about your wedding plan?” 

 

Jihoon asks again—since the statement being released, he’s already trying to approach Hyesung, offers him support and tells him anytime he needs help, he’s ready. So when Hyesung calls him and Kangta to come over, he drops everything and rushes to him instead.

 

“The worst scenario of course halts the plan to hold it this year,” Hyesung bits his lips, but still looks calm, “I don’t discuss this with Eric yet, but I think we’re agree to focus on the lawsuit and trial first, or untill the situation become clear. I also need to catch up a lot with Dongwannie, it’ll be too much spotlight on him if he comes but of course I want him to come.”

 

Jihoon gives him a gentle squeeze on Hyesung’s knee, and smiles at him. “Tell us if you need anything or some helps.”

 

“Eo, Jihoonie’s right. Don’t hesitate to ask our help. You, or the others, or Dongwannie,” Kangta smiles at the last name he says, it’s been so long, “when he’s ready, let’s gather together. I miss him too and wants to catch up with him too.”

 

Both of them know the group since the start, even they claimed themselves as Hyesung’s best friend, they also a close friend to the rest. It shocks them too ten years ago, and ten years later with the real story Hyesung tells them. It’s unimaginable th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter