Behind Closed Doors

Apartment Love

[Two days later...]

The sound of the front foor opening brought out of my zombie-like state. I rubbed my eyes and stretched my back, hearing a satisfying crack.

"Fai! I just saw a moving truck outside. Wha'd I miss?" Asked Tiffany who had just gotten back from a week-long trip to Japan for her vlog.

"Welcome back! As you can see 201 is finally, FINALLY occupied." I answered as I hit the save button on the article I was working on.

"Isn't that place haunted?" I shook my head.

"We only said that to mess with Seohyunnie, remember?" I reminded her. She chuckled at the memory.

"Oh yeah. I dropped by next door and heard Yoona rave about some hottie she saw upstairs. Needless to say, I backpedaled outta there before she could see me." She said as she pulled out her laptop and sat beside me. I nodded in understanding as I attached the article to an e-mail I'm sending to the university's newspaper.

Yoona and Tiffany don't get along very well. No one knows the reason why. Which is how Jessica and Tiffany ended up being roommates. That way, Yoona can't bully Tiffany.

A little while later, someone knocked on the front door and Tiffany went to answer it.

"Oh! OkCat, what are you doing here?" She asked, surprise in her tone.

OkCat?!

I peeked through the doorway.

"St- Miyoungie?! Hey! I didn't know you lived here!" The much taller man she called OkCat said, pulling Tiffany into a hug.

"I just moved into the empty apartment upstairs. Guess this means we're neighbors huh? Oh, and I came here to invite you and your roommates to our housewarming party tonight. It starts at 6. Hope you guys can come." He explained.

Huh. He must be the best friend she can't stop telling me about.

"Oh. I just got in from Japan but I'll drop by. I'll tell my roommates as well." She answered shyly.

He nodded and a brief silence followed. Tiffany began playing with a lock of hair- a habit of hers when she gets nervous. OkCat cleared his throat.

"Um, we're done getting settled in upstairs. Wanna go grab coffee with me? Catch up on things... Work on the show if you want." He asked hesitantly.

She nodded mutely in reply.

"Awesome! Meet me out in 5?"

"Sure. Oh and don't forget the equipment!" She reminded him.

"Is there anything else you require of me M'lady?" Taecyeon asked her in a British accent.

Tiffany gave him a flat look and he replied with a cheeky grin.

"Alright, alright. Imma go now before you smack me. See ya."

"Have fun on your date Miyoungie!~" I called out teasingly.

"Have fun all alone Yongkyo!~" She shot back childishly before heading into her room. I chuckled and looked at the clock.

4:30. I have an hour and a half to round everybody up and get ready for the party. Challenge accepted.

I sent out a mass text to my roommates and received their answers. All of them said yes which I took as a sign for me to get ready.

I saved my work and put away my laptop. I jumped into the shower and finished in 5 minutes. Amber and Victoria arrived just then, Amber showering next while Vic-unnie did my hair and make-up having already showered at her workplace. She tied my dyed auburn hair into a braid [A/N: It's similar to Elsa's hair post-Let It Go ^^] and did my make-up lightly. Thirty minutes later, I thanked her profusely and got dressed.

I put on a simple black dress that went up to my knees and slipped on a pair of black stilletos. I put on my dragon earpiece, a red pearl earring on the other ear and my locket to complete the outfit.

The Jung sisters texted me, saying that they'll meet me at the party. Tiffany stepped in a few minutes later, covered in pink paint and glitters. I raised a brow in question but kept silent. I told them I'm going on ahead to the party and left.

My palms were sweaty by the time I arrived in front of 203. I checked my phone which read 5:30.

Great. I'm thirty minutes early. Should I knock or should I go back downstairs?

I rubbed my palms on the skirt of my dress nervously.

"Oi, landlady! What are you doing just standing there?" My best guy friend asked.

I turned to him, probably looking like a lost puppy. His eyes softened and he waved me over.

"The party doesn't start for another thirty minutes. Are you that excited to see me?" He asked me jokingly.

"Yah! Kim Heechul, want me to evict you?" I jokingly threatened.

Kim Heechul is one of the weirdest people I've ever met. When I first met him, I mistook him for a girl because... well because he was dressed up as one. I apologized immediately after and recognized him as DJ Joker, one of the hottest radio DJ's in Seoul. We got to know each other and soon became the best of friends.

"You look awfully pretty tonight. Trying to seduce me? But alas. My heart beats for someone else!" He dramatically placed his hand on his heart. I rolled my eyes and snorted.

"Speaking of, how are things between you and Sohee-sshi?" I asked him.

It's common knowledge around the building that Heechul fancies Ahn Sohee. She lives in 103 and works at a flower shop close to the radio station he works at.

"Well, I got her to say more than one sentence to me yesterday so that's good."

Despite his best efforts, Sohee doesn't talk much. Most of the time, she'd give Heechul one-worded answers. But when she actually talks to him (which is rarely) he could be seen dancing randomly in the halls after she leaves.

Which is absolutely adorable.

But don't tell him I said that. Landlady or not, he'll prank me.

I have a feeling that Sohee likes him as well but it looks like she's too shy to admit it. Given the fact that Heechul is loud, obnoxious, and likes to cross-dress for fun (Which is why I mistook him as a girl in the first place), I can understand why. But she gives him hints. He's just too dense to notice.

"But enough about me. How does it feel to be living in the same building as your- mphlg!" I clamped my hand over his mouth.

He rolled his eyes and my hand.

"Eew! You sicko!" I wiped his slobber on his sleeve.

"I was gonna say older brother. What did you think I was gonna say? Ex-boyfriend?" He fired back.

I looked away innocently. He laughed and pulled me into a hug.

"What am I going to do with you Jung Yongkyo?" Heechul asked.

He gave me a sympathetic pat on the shoulder before going back into his apartment.

I took a deep breath and went back to 203's door. It opened to reveal a partially shirtless Kim Jaejoong.

. I am so not ready for this. Abort mission. I repeat, ABORT MISSION!

I've known Kim Jaejoong since I was ten years old. Yonghwa-oppa and I grew up together with him. But we were more than neighbors. Jaejoong and I were best friends but that eventually evolved into something more.

When we were in high school, we saw an ad for this competition. It mentioned something about getting the chance to become a trainee at some big-shot talent agency. The moment we found out that he won the competition, was the moment I knew my time with him was about to end.

It happened on the day I started my third year in college. By then, he was quickly rising to fame as a K-Rock idol. He had asked me to meet with him at a convenience store near the university. He took me to a park and we sat down on the swings.

I'll spare you the details and cut to the chase. He broke up with me and as soon as he finished, he left me there standing in the rain. He didn't even give me an explanation as to why he was broke up with me. I tried contacting him after the break-up but he never called back. So you can see why I'm pissed at him, right?

"Oh. I was just about to head down and find you." He said.

"I-I uh- I think I forgot something. I'll be back later." I stammered, turning around to avoid eye contact.

"You look great." He whispered before turning me around to face him.

My eyes widened at how close we were. He smiled and grabbed my hand, pulling me into the apartment. I wriggled out of his hold and glared at him.

He rolled his eyes and disappeared into another room. I glared at his retreating back and turned to find Tiffany's friend from earlier looking at me in amusement.

"What do you want, OkCat?" I asked venomously. He blushed at the mention of his nickname.

"It's Taecyeon. Only Tiffany can call me that." He clarified.

"Don't care, OkCat. What's up?"

"I think I should be asking you that. Why were you glaring at Jaejoong-hyung just now?" He asked.

"It's nothing that concerns you." I answered vaguely.

"Alright then. The guests should be arriving any moment now. Why don't you go and take a seat?"

"Nah. I'm good. Which one's Jaejoong's room again?"

He pointed to the door beside the kitchen.

I thanked him and headed in that direction. Mustering up some courage, I knocked on the door.

"Open up. We need to talk. Before everyone else gets here." I said curtly.

I heard a click and the handle twisted, the door opening. A pale hand shot out and grabbed my wrist. With a swift tug, I was pulled into the room.

The door shut behind me and I found myself trapped against the wall. Jaejoong (thankfully fully clothed this time) had his arms on either side of my shoulders, making escape impossible.

"Let's talk." He said calmly.

"Why are you here? I thought you were busy with your career." I spat out bitterly.

"Straight-to-the-point as always. I left showbiz."

I blinked. "Come again?"

"I. Left. Showbiz." He repeated slowly.

It took me a moment but I found my voice.

"Mweo?! Waeyo?" I asked him, surprised.

"Well to be accurate, I'm in the process of leaving the industry. I wasn't happy." He answered. I narrowed my eyes.

"Liar." He sighed.

"I'm telling you the truth Faith."

"Yeah. Sure. But why choose my apartment? Of all the places in Seoul to settle down in, you chose my building. Why?" I asked, my voice cracking at the end.

Jaejoong leaned in and rested his forehead against mine. I closed my eyes, hiding my emotions.

"I'll tell you the reason eventually... Did anyone tell you that you look beautiful today? Cuz you look beautiful." He whispered, changing the subject.

"Gee... Thanks for the compliment." I mumbled, hiding my blush.

"I'm sorry for how I treated you that day. That was cruel of me." He said sincerely.

"Damn right it was." I muttered back. He chuckled softly, the vibration causing tingles down my spine.

A pair of soft lips suddenly descended upon mine.

As soon as it happened, it was over. I opened my eyes to find a triumphant smirk on his face. I looked at him suspiciously.

"What was that for?" I demanded, unfazed by what had just transpired.

"It was a... test." He said cryptically.

I grabbed his shoulders and pinned him to the wall, my patience wearing thin. His smirk turned into a full-blown grin. Knowing full well what he was about to say, I silenced him with a death glare.

"Why are you living in my apartment building?" I interrogated.

"That's for me to know, and for you to find out." He answered cheekily before leaning forward to kiss me again.

Only this time, I surprised Jaejoong (and myself) with a kiss of my own. He wrapped his arms around me, capturing me in a passionate embrace. I s my arms around his neck, my fingers tugging on his hair to pull him closer to me.

As soon as I realized out what I was doing, I disentangled myself from him and fled the room.

But not before slapping his face.

"Definitely had that coming." He mumbled to himself.

He's not getting off that easily. He needs to suffer first. I thought to myself.

 

And that's the end of chapter 2! Chapters 3 & 4 will be up next friday ^^