Picture Of You

Apartment Love


-Faith-

"Kim Jaejoong, where did you get that?" I asked in horror.

"A very reliable source." He answered cryptically.

"Give it here." I ordered, holding my palm out.

He grinned and held it away from me.

"Come and get it." He teased.

With a glare, I set aside the food and got out of bed. His eyes widened in surprise and he began to back up.

"I don't wanna repeat myself. Hand. It. Over." I demanded.

"I don't see why you have to make a big deal about this. It's just a stupid picture." He grumbled as he gave it to me.

Ouch.

He stared at me, trying to read my expression but I sighed and told them that I wanted to be alone for a while. Heechul understood what I meant and forced everyone down to the cafeteria. I sat back down on the bed and flipped the photo over. It was an old photo of a girl and a boy kissing. A girl who looked as happy as can be. And a boy who looked like he was on top of the world.

The girl was me.

The boy was Jaejoong.

That photo was taken the day we went on a date for our 1st anniversary as a couple. He took me up to Namsan Tower and we did the whole couple-lock thing.

"Are you sure about this? It looks like a waste of money and time." I commented when we got up to the viewing platform.

"Absolutely sure. C'mon Fai. It'll be fun! I promise." He insisted, holding up his pinkie.

"Don't you have practice today?" I asked, having memorized his schedule for the month.

Jaejoong grinned a cheshire grin in response.

Reluctantly, I linked pinkies with him and took a red lock from him. On the back, I drew a puzzle piece with a cutely written F + J in the middle of it.

I smiled when I saw that he drew one that looked like the missing piece to mine. In the middle, he scribbled out the word "Forever" neatly in English.

"Such a sap." I teased as I bumped hips with him.

He smiled fondly and held out his arm for me to take.

"Pick a spot. Any spot here." He said, sounding like a carnival guy.

I hummed as I took a look around. There were so many spots to choose from! I just couldn't decide. So I turned to him and told him to pick.

He led me over to a corner where there were only a few locks on the large fence.

"Where will we put it? There's so much space here." I looked over at him, only to find him lost in thought.

I waved a hand in front of his face, snapping him out of his reverie.

He took my hand in his and pulled me forward. He pointed to the higher part of the fence.

"Let's put it there."

I looked at him incredulously. He looked at me as if saying "Why not?".

"Fine. But if I fall and break my neck, it'll be your fault." I warned as I got on my tiptoes.

Even without looking, I could tell that he was grinning like the jerk he was. I felt him hand me the locks and swatted his hand away from my bottom as I interlocked the locks on to the fence.

I turned to face him and dropped a small key onto his hand. I held out an identical key and counted to three before we tossed the keys over the fence.

I took out the polaroid camera I brought along for an occasion such as this. Focusing on the locks, I pressed the button and waited for the photo to come out.

Once it came out, I managed to catch a glimpse of the photo before he pulled me in for a hug. I looked up at him questioningly.

"What was the hug for?"

"Do I need a reason to hug my girlfriend?" I blushed and bowed my head, too embarrassed to even look at him.

I felt him tilt my chin upward and his lips met mine for a sweet kiss. A faint click! could be heard somewhere nearby but I paid it no mind.

After that we started a tradition. Every year on our anniversary, we would go up to Namsan Tower to see if our lock was still there and we'd find that area slowly being filled with locks each time we go.

After our split and subsequent loss of contact, I kept the tradition alive and went to Namsan Tower on our (nonexistent) anniversary. Apparently, he did as well.

Based on the numerous articles I'd find around that time of the year.

Not that I looked it up or anything.

I didn't realize I was crying until I felt water droplets on my hand. I hurriedly wiped away my tears and hid the picture just as Krystal came in with Yonghwa.

He didn't look too happy either.

"Kim Jaejoong is such a douche! I can't believe he did that to you Faith!" My brother exclaimed.

I blinked in surprise.

He turned to Krystal. "As for you young lady, I told you to keep an eye on her right? I thought we had a deal!" Geez. Talk about invasion of privacy.

Krystal looked like she was gonna slap him into next week.

Before a fight could break out, Heechul popped in to let me know that he'd be back later after his date. No doubt with Sohee.

"Anything you want?"

"Beijing Fried Rice!" I cheered.

He stuck his tongue out at me before leaving, his laughter echoing the halls.

With a groan, Yonghwa left the room.

Krystal and I looked at each other thinking the same thing.

What the heck just happened?

 

Hello! I can't believe it's been 4 months since my last upload. Honestly, I've forgotten that this story is uploaded here 😅 But never fear! I'm here and I'll be back to uploading chapters soon.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!