Lucky Guitars And Sweet Potatoes

Apartment Love

 

The party was in full swing when I stepped out of the room and apparently, most if not all of the tenants were present. How everyone managed to fit in the apartment is one hell of a mystery.

There were strobelights and several fog machines near the DJ's area and a makeshift dancefloor in the middle of the room. Overall, the place looked great.

They haven't been here for a week, yet their electric bill is skyrocketing by the minute. Oh well. Not my division.

Despite the high volume of the music, the risk of noise complaints from the neighbors are very low.

Good thing I had the foresight to soundproof ALL of the apartment units despite the chunk it took out of the budget. Impractical my . Take that Jessica! I thought to myself as I fixed my appearance.

Amber manned the DJ station while Heechul and his buddies were hamming it up on the makeshift dance floor. Everyone else scattered around the room, dividing into little groups that merge and break apart at random.

"There you are! I've been looking all over for you." Jessica told me when I bumped into her. She gently grabbed my elbow and led me over to where the girls were.

I ended up standing next Seohyun, still thinking about what happened earlier.

"FAITH!" Taeyeon-unnie shouted at me.

"Huh?" I snapped out of my thoughts. "What were you saying unnie?"

"Sooyoungie was asking you a question. Didn't you hear her?" I slowly shook my head innocently.

I turned to Sooyoung. "Sooyoungie, mianhe. What was your question?"

"Did you know Changmin-oppa was going to be here?" She asked me. I nodded.

"Why didn't you tell me?!" She demanded.

"Why would I- Oh." I said in realization. Sooyoung was dating someone named Changmin. I didn't realize it was him.

"I didn't know it was the same person!" I defended.

She laughed and assured me that it was fine before heading off to find her boyfriend. Hyoyeon suddenly leaned in and looked at something on my face.

"Hyoyeon-ah, is there something wrong?" I asked.

"Fai, you have a bit of lipstick on your cheek." She told me as she rubbed the spot with her thumb.

"Gomawo." I said sheepishly.

That's when my only sibling decided to make his annoying presence known.

"Yongkyo, you made it!" He shouted in my ear, pulling me into a bear hug.

"Can't... breath... ..." I choked out. He laughed and let go of me.

"Sica! Good to see you." He greeted our older cousin.

"You too Yonghwa." She answered cheerfully.

 

-Yonghwa-

"You too Yonghwa." Sica answered cheerfully.

I grinned at her and gave my sister an 'I know what you did' look. She childishly stuck her tongue at me and I casually slung an arm around her shoulder. I took that as a chance to look around the group- casually.

That's when I spotted the most gorgeous girl I've ever seen in my entire life.

It was like I was caught in a trance. I couldn't stop looking at her. When our eyes met, I felt my heart begin to race. It was as if time had stopped and all I could see was her.

It's her. There's no mistaking it. She's the girl from the concert.

About a year ago, a mysterious girl showed up backstage during my band's 1st official concert. Right before the start of our second set, the whole staff was thrown into chaos when we found out that someone (presumably an anti-fan) snuck in and stole my guitar. So we had one of the band members distract the fans with a song while we looked for the thief. We couldn't find the thief in time for the next song so I had to make do with my bassist's electric guitar.

On my way back to the dressing room, someone pulled me into the utility closet. I couldn't really see anything but I felt something being shoved into my hands. I soon realized it was a guitar. And it was brand-new, based on the smoothness of the body. I felt around for the light switch and fist-pumped when I got the lights on. I looked behind me to find a girl around Faith's age, her ball cap concealing most of her face.

"I'm not here to kidnap you or anything. I just wanted to give you that guitar." She assured me, her innocent-sounding voice catching me off guard.

"Umm.. Thank you?" A faint smile appeared on her lips.

"It's no problem." She stepped towards me, causing me to take a step back. Her hand shot out and I flinched away, only to find myself being shoved out of the small room.

"There you are hyung! We've been looking all over for you!" Minhyuk, the drummer said as he grabbed my wrist and dragged me off.

I snuck a glance over my shoulder and saw a girl with long, wavy hair walking briskly in the opposite direction. She turned and our eyes met briefly. She gave me a small smile before I lost sight of her.

When I first used the mysterious guitar on stage, something incredible happened. As if possessed by a mysterious force, the crowd's cheers began getting louder until we could hear ringing in our ears. On the second day of the concert, I used that guitar again. The crowd's reaction was the same from second set. And to our surprise, the venue was even more crowded than it was the night before.

After the concert, everyone teased me about my new guitar saying it was magic. But for me, it became my lucky charm. I rarely performed without it. And, more often than not, it could be seen in its case strapped to my back. As for the girl who gave the guitar to me, I kept up my search for her. Whether it was on music shows or fanmeets, I was on high alert. I wanted to thank her and return the favor.

And it looks like I'm getting my chance tonight.

With newfound confidence, I walked right up to her and held out my hand.

"I'm Yonghwa. Faith's older brother and the cousin of the Jung sisters." I told her smoothly.

"S-Seohyun imnida." She stuttered out cutely.

Seohyun. A name fit for a goddess.

She visibly reddened and I realized that I said my thoughts out loud.

She shyly took my hand and I marveled at the softness of her own. I placed a gentle kiss on the back of her hand before letting go, suddenly aware of my actions. She stared at me in a mix of shock and awe.

The room suddenly felt ten degrees colder.

I turned to find Faith and her friends staring at me with an unreadable expression. I hid behind Seohyun and the atmosphere felt even colder. [A/N: Face the wrath of SNSD... and Faith! ^^]

"Stop looking at him like that. He didn't do anything. It was just a harmless kiss!" Seohyun defended.

"Yeah. It was harmless." I added. She shot me a 'You're not helping' look.

"He was flirting with you!" Faith accused.

Gee. I can feel the love from here, sis. I glared at her.

"What's so bad about that?" Seohyun sassed, earning her a dramatic gasp from the girls.

Yeah! What's so bad about that? I agreed in my head.

"Nothing's bad about that. But-" Seohyun cut Faith off.

"I know you all mean well. But you need to stop coddling me! I'm not a child. I'm sorry for being rude but you are acting like a bunch of hypocrites! Just because I'm more innocent than the rest of you doesn't mean I'm fragile. Now if you'll excuse us, Yong and I are gonna head out for some ice cream." And with that, she grabbed my hand and led me away from them.

"Yah, Jung Yonghwa! Take care of Seohyun, arasso?! I'll kill you if anything happens to her!" I heard my sister shout at me.

When we were far enough from them, Seohyun let out a puff of air.

"That's the first time I talked to my unnies that way. This time was too much. I'm sorry for dragging you into this Yong. I understand if you don't wanna-" I cut off her apology by squeezing her hand gently. She looked up at me, teary-eyed.

Crap! Faith's gonna kill me if she sees Seohyun crying.

"Hey, hey! Don't cry. I'll cry if you do." I told her seriously.

Seohyun let out a laugh and wiped the tears away. I smiled at her and she returned it with a heart-stopping smile of her own. I felt my heart skip a beat.

"Now, what's this I heard about us getting ice cream?" I asked.

"Yeah. There's an ice cream parlor not too far from here. It closes at 10pm so we have more than enough time to get ice cream and come back. Is... that okay with you, Yong?" She asked, peeking at me through her lashes.

Add in the strobelights and fog machine for visual effects and we've got a goddess on our hands.

Suddenly, I realized something. For the past few minutes, she's been calling me Yong. I might as well return the favor.

"That's fine, Hyun." I answered, emphasizing the last part.

Her beautiful brown eyes widened in realization. I grinned.

"You caught that, I see. Do you mind... Yong?" She asked timidly.

"Not at all, Hyun." I answered warmly.

I texted Faith, letting her know where we were headed and got a reply with a promise of bodily harm should something bad happen to Hyun. I grabbed my jacket and wallet from the couch while Hyun went to retrieve her purse.

When Hyun returned, I held out my arm and she hesitantly linked it with hers. When the wolf whistles and cat calls started we quickly ran out of there, giggling like a pair of kids.

"The unnies and I made up." She told me later on at the ice cream parlor.

"That's good news." I said as I nervously watched her take a spoonful of ice cream.

I was secretly panicking because I didn't know what flavor she'd like when I ordered. So I just went with what my instinct told me and hoped for the best.

She suddenly brightened up and swallowed her ice cream before speaking. "That's so thoughtful of you, Yong. How did you know I like goguma?"

Score one for Jung!

"I didn't." I told her honestly. "I just followed my instincts."

"Waahh. Daebak!" She said, her eyes twinkling in delight. I smiled and she continued eating her ice cream.

"You like sweet potatoes?" I asked.

"I don't just like sweet potatoes. I love it!" She answered enthusiastically.

So adorable... Can I keep you?

"I just thought of a title for you!" I declared.

She paused from eating and tilted her head in confusion. I made a huge show of clearing my throat and pointed my spoon at her, using it as a mock-scepter.

"I dub thee... Hyun, the goguma princess!" I said in a fake 'Royal' accent.

We looked at each other and burst out laughing. After joking around some more, we finished our ice creams and took our time in walking back to the apartment.

We walked side by side in comfortable silence. I wrapped my jacket around Hyun when she started shivering from the cold, despite her protests.

"Gomawoyo..." She mumbled, trying to hide her blush.

I smiled at her in return, causing her blush to deepen.

"Yonghwa-sshi." She said. I stopped walking and looked at her worriedly.

"Something wrong, Seohyun-ah?"

"Aniyo. I just need to tell you something. But I'm scared that the way you look at me will change if I tell you." She said quietly.

I moved closer to her and put a reassuring hand on her shoulder. I gave it a squeeze, urging her to tell me.

"I'm a fan of you and your band." She blurted out. I blinked.

"Is that all you wanted to tell me?" I asked her. She nodded once.

"I have a question for you, Hyun. I want you to answer it honestly. Are you're the girl from the concert? The one who pulled me into the supply closet and handed me my lucky guitar?" I looked right her in the eyes.

"Yes." She answered, honesty clear in her eyes.

Wow...This is too good to be true.

I held my arm out in front of her.

"Hyun, can you pinch me? I just want to make sure this is all real." She giggled but complied. I cried out in pain and she quickly let go.

Holy crap, this is really real?!

"Are you alright Yong?" She asked.

I picked her up into a hug and spun her around. When she complained about the possibility of puking her guts out, I stopped spinning but kept her in arms.

"More than alright. I feel great!" I told her with a grin. I let go of her before continuing.

"I'm glad you told me, Hyun. I've been looking for you since the day after the concert. That thing is expensive. How did you afford it?"

"It's a secret." She answered mischievously.

"Oh really?" I raised a challenging eyebrow.

"Yep. And no one, not even Faith, knows how I got you the guitar so you can't ask them." She answered smugly.

I rolled my eyes and we continued walking.

By the time we arrived back to the building the party ended so I, being the gentleman I was raised to be, dropped Hyun off at 102.

"I had a good time tonight, Hyun." I told her as we stopped in front of her apartment.

"I did as well, Yong." I smiled at the way she called me Yong.

I noticed a stray strand of hair sticking out and moved closer to Hyun to put behind her ear. She froze and closed her eyes stiffly in anticipation.

I chuckled at her innocence then moved towards her ear and whispered "Open your eyes Hyun."

She did just that and I placed a hand on her cheek. Seohyun smiled encouragingly at me and slowly closed her eyes as I leaned in until our lips met.

Sparks flew through my veins and I knew she felt it as well. I smiled.

For once, everything felt... right.

I'll admit though, this wasn't the first time I kissed a girl but it sure as hell felt like it was. With her, everything felt different. She was different.

In the few hours since I've met Hyun, I've come to realize something. Something that may result in my death that may be caused by Hyun's friends.

I've fallen head over heels for this fangirl of mine. And I plan on making her mine.

All too soon, we had to stop for air. But we stayed in each other's arms.

"That was my first kiss, Yong." She whispered breathlessly.

"Then I'm glad I was your first, Hyun." And hopefully your last, but a guy can dream can't he?

"Me too." She mumbled.

I rested my forehead against hers and gave her a short peck on the lips.

"What are you doing tomorrow?" I asked her.

"I have class in the morning but I'm free in the afternoon. I was going to use the afternoon to study for my Driver's Test. Why?" A thought popped into my head.

It's like hitting two birds with one stone. You're a genius, Yonghwa!

"Wanna study together? I have to take my Driver's Test as well." I explained.

"Like... A study date?"

"I'm glad you caught on, Hyun." She giggled.

"Alright, fine. Meet me at the library at 3:30. Text me if you're running late." She said as we, reluctantly, broke apart to bring out our phones.

She told me her number and I did the same.

She tried peeking over my shoulder to see what I typed in as her contact name but I blocked her view every time.

"Tell me what you put in first. Then I'll tell you mine." I told her stubbornly.

She showed me her phone which had Yong~ as my contact name. I smiled and showed her what I put as hers.

She gently smacked my shoulder in embarrassment before bidding me good night and leaving me out in the hall, still grinning at the screen.

Hyun~

 

YongSeo-centric chapter for all my Goguma/YongSeo fans out there! Next chapter introduces some drama for the SoShi girls and the 3rd main ship (aside from FaiJae and YongSeo).