My Hero

Apartment Love

-Faith-

After leaving Tiffany and Taecyeon to their own devices, I joined the girls in the kitchen for breakfast. I invited the girls over since the rest of my roommates were out. Yoona left early this morning because of a drama shoot so she couldn't be here.

Seohyun was nowhere to be seen. Which naturally, made us all suspicious.

"That's odd. SeoBaby's normally the first one here. Where is she?" Yuri asked me.

"Yeah. She wasn't at the apartment when we came back from the party." Sunny chimed in.

"Hyo told me that she heard Seohyun come in at around 12 am this morning." Taeyeon-unnie mentioned as she placed breakfast on the table.

"12 am? She's in bed long before then." Jessica pointed out.

"Anybody here?" A timid voice called out from the other room.

We exchanged evil smirks around the kitchen and positioned ourselves before letting the person in question know where we were. She cautiously walked into the kitchen where the rest of us stood, gathered around a single chair.

Seohyun visibly gulped upon seeing the chair and backed up into Tiffany's waiting arms. She let out a squeak and tried to wriggle out of her unnie's hold.

"There's no use fighting it, Seo Joohyun. You know what the morning after a date is reserved for. Just give us your cooperation and this will be over quickly." Hyoyeon said, sounding like one of those cops getting ready to interrogate someone.

"Unnie, I have class this morning! I can't be late. You know how Professor Shin is like." Seohyun reasoned.

My phone beeped from its spot on the counter I saw that I had a message.

"Alex just texted. Apparently, Professor Shin is out with the flu. So... we have no class today." I said.

"Which means we have all the time in the world. Now, spill!" Tiffany said excitedly and lightly shoved the maknae to the chair.

Seohyun tilted her head in confusion.

"We want details about your date with the hot guy from your favorite band!" Sunny squealed.

I looked at her in disgust. "Dude, that's my brother you're talking about!"

She dismissed me with a wave. "Where'd he take you?"

"Did he take you to the park?" Tiffany asked.

"Did he take you to a cafe?" Sooyoung asked, stars in her eyes.

Taeyeon-unnie gasped dramatically. "Did he take you to his room?!"

"EH?! No, he didn't!" Seohyun looked at her, horrified.

I whacked Taeyeon-unnie on the arm.

"Again, that's my brother your talking about. And he took her to an ice cream parlor nearby, not his room!" I answered irritably.

"Oh! How did you know?" Seohyun asked me.

"He texted me before you guys left. He told me was taking you to the ice cream parlor?" I said, the last sentence sounding as a question.

She nodded shyly. "He did. He bought me goguma ice cream."

"EH?!" We exclaimed in shock.

"How did he know you like sweet potatoes?" Yuri asked in awe.

She mumbled something inaudible.

"Come again?"

"He said he followed his instincts when he ordered." Seohyun repeated for us.

It's a rare occurence for a guy to discover Seohyun's addiction to all things Goguma, much less discover it by accident. I'm so proud of my brother.

"Knowing my brother, he uses his instincts more often than he uses his head. And his instincts are spot on 99% of the time..." I mumbled, not knowing they could hear me.

"Seriously?" Sooyoung questioned.

Jessica and I nodded in confirmation.

"Yah! Seo Joohyun, you better not lose him to anyone else." Taeyeon-unnie fiercely told the maknae.

"Yeah. You two are good for each other." My cousin told her cryptically.

I glanced at the clock and sighed. "You guys are gonna have to continue this without me."

"Why? You don't have classes this morning." Tiffany pointed out.

"I have an errand I need to run." I told them and went into my room to change out of my pajamas.

I soon found myself in front of a quaint, little café in Myeongdong. I tapped my foot impatiently, a scowl on my face.

That little better get here soon or his band will be one leader short.

"Yongkyo! Did you wait long?" My older brother asked as he approached me.

I glared at him just as Krystal arrived.

"Hey! You two ready?" She asked us, a devilish smirk on her face.

"I know I am. What about you little sis?" He asked me challengingly.

I smirked. "You know it. Let's go!"

They cheered in agreement and we set off to our destination.

"Krystal, are you sure we won't get in trouble?" I asked the younger Jung uncertainly.

"Yep. We have Amber and Henry's blessing." She assured me.

Here we are at Noizebank Studio. Well, behind it at least. Why? The wall behind the studio can easily be seen when passing by on the road which is perfect for what we have in mind.

Business has been slow lately so we're helping them with redecorating and to advertise their dance studio, we've decided to put up a huge, colorful sign- a mini billboard. Yonghwa-oppa dabbles in graphic design so we enlisted his help to come up with the design of the billboard. Since we're all free for the day, we decided to put up the sign. Sica's coming in later to help secure it.

Amber and Henry came out to greet us. They thanked us profusely and we got to work. Yonghwa-oppa unloaded the tarp and rope from my truck while Krystal and I divided the ropes between the three of us.

"How was your date with Seohyun last night?" I asked my brother, making small talk.

He raised a brow. "Didn't she tell you?"

"I only got to the part where you bought her goguma ice cream before I had to get ready." I explained.

"I see. Well, we joked around a bit and then took a walk. I also coaxed her into confessing." He said, referring to the origin of his guitar.

"And she confirmed it?" Yonghwa nodded and I squealed in delight.

"Umm... Faith, I'm going to tell you something. But you gotta promise me you won't get mad." He warned.

"O... kay?"

My brother let out a sigh and said "I kissed Seohyun on the lips before I let her go."

"YOU WHAT?!" I shouted, abruptly turning to him.

This was a bad idea because I was sitting on the top of a high ladder. It swayed and slid on the icy sidewalk, my side of the tarp falling Krystal's head.

"OW! What the- FAITH!!!" She screamed.

I shrieked as I felt myself slip off the ladder and shut my eyes, anticipating the fall. Instead of the cold hard concrete, I felt arms wrapped around me.

"Fai, gwenchana?!" I opened my eyes at the sound of his voice and scrambled out of his arms.

What the hell is he doing here?!

"I'm fine." I spat out.

"Thanks for catching her, Hyung. I owe you one." Yonghwa-oppa said to him gratefully.

Krystal smacked my arm and I glared at her.

What? I mouthed to her.

Thank him. She mouthed back.

"N-neh. Gomawoyo Jaejoong-sshi." I said stiffly.

"Woah. What's with the formality?" I ignored him and picked up my corner of the tarp and rope.

"Don't wanna sound rude or anything but, what are you doing here Jaejoong-oppa?" Good question Krystal.

"I was in the neighborhood and I remembered Yonghwa telling about the mini-billboard you guys are working on. So I decided to drop by and lend a hand." He explained.

"Just in time too. Oppa, you can help Faith tie the billboard if you'd like?" Krystal suggested.

"No." I answered immediately.

"Jung Yongkyo, be nice." My brother chided me.

I rolled my eyes in reply.

"No, it's okay. I'll let Faith handle the tying part. I'll just hold the ladder steady for her." Jaejoong said.

I rolled my eyes and climbed back up the ladder.

Good thing I decided not to wear a skirt or a dress today. I thought to myself as I resumed securing the tarp.

I wore a plain white long-sleeved shirt, a pair of black skinny jeans with my red overcoat over it, a black scarf wrapped snuggly around my neck and my favorite pair of winter boots. I tied my hair up in a messy yet tight braid and put on some eyeliner and lip gloss. Since I misplaced my contacts this morning, I'm stuck wearing my black nerdy-looking glasses for the day.

When I finished, I climbed down and went into the studio. I wandered into one of the practice rooms and saw Henry and Amber goofing off. I shook my head at their antics and snuck out, bumping into the Parks.

"Oh! Sora-unnie, Teukie-oppa annyeonghaseyo." I said with a bow.

"Annyeong. What are you doing here, Yongkyo-sshi?" Teukie-oppa asked me.

"I'm working on something out back but finished early." I explained.

"Ah. Have you had lunch yet?" I shook my head.

Sora-unnie smiled. "I guess you're eating lunch with us then."

"Are you sure? I wouldn't want to impose..."

"It'll be fine." Teukie-oppa assured me. "We have more than enough food for the three of us."

"O-okay then." I said reluctantly.

Sora-unnie draped a shoulder around my arm, as did Teukie-oppa while we went into the break room. When we got there, the couple got to setting up the table. I helped Sora-unnie heat up the food and soon, the scent of food filled the room.

It must've filled the whole studio because multiple footsteps could be heard making their way to the break room.

"I WIN!!! I touched the frame before you guys!" Henry said gleefully as they filed into the room.

Amber shoved him out of the way. "It wasn't a race dummy."

He pouted and looked down sulkingly much like a child would. She rolled her eyes and gave him a peck on the cheek. His face turned red and we all laughed at his cuteness.

I noticed that my brother wasn't around and asked Krystal about it. She told me that she saw him talking to Jaejoong (who was also not in the room) before leaving.

All of a sudden, the lights went out. Krystal screamed while the sound of two bodies colliding could be heard suspiciously close to where Amber and Henry stood.

"Is everybody alright?" Sora-unnie asked us as she her mini-flashlight.

"Yeah! We're fine." Amber answered, turning on a lantern. It lit up the entire room and we did a quick headcount.

"Where's Jaejoong-sshi?" I wondered as I scanned the room.

"Omona!!!" Krystal gasped.

"What's up?" I asked her, calmly.

"Jaejoong-oppa... I think he's still out there. W-we got separated from each other when we were running back to get out of the snowstorm outside!" She explained frantically.

Without even thinking about it, I raced out of the studio- determined to find my ex-boyfriend.

 

I forgot to upload 5 & 6 yesterday 😅 My sincerest apologies! Here's your weekly update 😊