Stay With Me

Apartment Love


-Faith-

"KIM JAEJOONG!!!" I shouted over the howling blizzard.

Where the hell could you be?! When I find you, I will kill you! I thought to myself as I trudged through the snow.

It's only been ten minutes but I feel like a freakin' popsicle. I feel like my fingers are gonna fall off at any moment.

That's what happens when you wear fingerless gloves~

Shut up Conscience.

Make me, !

Bring it!

Since I was so busy fighting with myself, I failed to notice the truck headed my way until it was almost too late.

Key word being: Almost.

"WATCH OUT!" A certain K-Rock Idol shouted as he tackled me into the nearby snow drift, narrowly avoiding an early death.

SO. FREAKIN. COLD.

I sat up and began brushing off the snow from my clothes. I turned and found Jaejoong lying motionless beside me. I prodded his shoulder gently.

"Jaejoong-sshi, gwenchanayo?" No response.

I tried again.

"Jaejoong-ah, this isn't funny. Get up. We need to get someplace warm or else we'll die from hypothermia." No response.

I was beginning to get worried so I leaned over to his spot. My eyes widened at what I saw.

"OPPA!" I shrieked as I whipped out my phone.

I scrolled through my contacts and found the one I was looking for.

"Yobeoseyo?"

"Sora-unnie, I need your help. Jaejoong-oppa needs to be taken to a hospital immediately! We're a block away from the studio, right in front of Kona Beans." I instructed while frantically trying to wake him up.

"Arasso. Do the best you can to keep the two of you warm and hang tight. Teukie-oppa's on his way now." With that, she hung up.

I removed my scarf and pressed it to his forehead to stop the bleeding.

"Urgh... F-Fai?" He grunted.

"Oh good, you're awake. What the hell are you doing out here?!" I berated.

He began closing his eyes.

"Jaejoong-ah. Don't fall asleep on me!" I commanded, gently slapping his cheek to keep him awake.

"Hold tight, Oppa. We'll be out of here soon." I assured him.

Moving carefully, I lifted his head and moved him onto my lap. Hesitantly, I wrapped my arms around him.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Keeping us warm." I said simply.

After what seemed like an eternity, I felt exhaustion and coldness sink in. I moved closer to him and he hugged me tight.

"I'm sorry Faith. For everything." He mumbled.

I felt my eyelids getting heavy and soon gave into the darkness.

 

"FAITH! YOU'RE ALRIGHT!" Heechul-oppa screeched into my ear.

I cringed at the volume of his voice and blindly smacked him, hitting his face.

"Too loud!" I croaked out.

"Heechul-oppa, give the girl some room to breath. For crying out loud, she just woke up!" Sora-unnie scolded from her spot on the couch with Teukie-oppa.

Wait. Couch? Where am I?

"You're in the hospital. When Teukie-oppa found the two of you, you were unconscious and very cold. We thought you were goners!" Krystal answered as she handed me a glass of water.

I gulped it down immediately and set the glass down on the table beside the bed.

"How long have I been out?" I wondere, squinting due to my poor eyesight.

Krystal quickly handed over my glasses, my eyesight improving significantly upon wearing it.

"A week." Heechul-oppa answered with a serious expression.

Space Big Star say what?!

He burst out laughing at my shocked expression and I glared at him.

"Don't listen to him. You've only been unconscious for two days." Teukie-oppa assured me, glaring at the man currently laughing his off.

The door opened and my brother walked in, pushing Jaejoong's wheelchair. The two idols lit up when they saw that I'm awake.

"Thank God you're awake. How are you feeling?" Yonghwa asked, like the older brother he is.

"Better. How's the head?" I asked, referring to Jaejoong's bandage-covered head.

"Better. Had to get stitches though." Jaejoong replied.

I turned to my brother, suddenly remembering his confession to me. As Seohyun's friend, I had a duty to fulfill.

"Oppa, you told me you kissed Seohyunnie right?"

He looked at me fearfully. " Y-yeah. I kissed Seohyun."

"Did you kiss her on the lips?" I asked, ignoring everyone's shocked gasp.

He nodded wordlessly, probably wondering if I was a psychic.

"Did you ask her out on a date yet?" He nodded again.

I motioned for him to come closer. When he was close enough, I grabbed him by his shirt collar.

"Listen and listen well, Jung Yonghwa." I began in a low, deathly calm voice.

"You may be my older brother, but all that 'blood is thicker than water' bull is thrown out the window the moment you hurt Seohyun in anyway. Not only will you face the wrath of me and our cousins, you'll also have everyone living in the apartment to deal with. I promise you, the hell we'll put you through will be a lot worse than the time I set your very first guitar on fire. Got it?" I ended my threat with an innocent smile.

He nodded frantically, eyes wide with fright, and I let go of his shirt, satisfied with his answer.

"You'll know Faith is back to her normal self when she starts making death threats from the hospital bed." Heechul-oppa observed.

I made a face at him and threw a pillow at him. It hit him square on the forehead before it fell to the floor.

"Jung Yongkyo! Want me to kill you?!" He threatened.

"Don't think I won't follow through with evicting you, Kim Heechul." I responded haughtily.

The door opened and Heechul's BFF came in to save the day.

"Who's hungry? I made my famous Beijing Fried Rice!" He announced, cheerfully holding up a huge plastic bag.

"INJURED PEOPLE GET FIRST SERVING!!!" I shouted a bit too enthusiastically.

I just love, love, love, love, LOVE this guy's cooking. He makes a mean fried rice.

"This oughta be good." I faintly heard Teukie-oppa say.

"Yah! He's MY best friend, therefore I get served first!" Heechul-oppa argued.

"Hangeng-gege, I'm your landlady so please give me first serving." I told him sweetly in Chinese.

"Hey! That's cheating! Hankyung-ah whatever she told you, forget about it!" Heechul insisted.

"But hyung, she has a good point. She IS the landlady. And she IS injured..." Hangeng reasoned in his broken Korean.

"She's younger than you. And I'M older than you. So, serve me first." Heechul shot back.

The crossdressing weirdo that I'm (not really) proud to call one of my best friends made encouraging gestures at him and I rolled my eyes at his antics.

Time to pull out the Landlady card.

"Gege, if you serve your hyung before me, you're evicted from the apartment building." I lied in Chinese.

His eyes widened in panic and he took out a bento box. He placed it on the table (the one patients use when they eat or do stuff like work) and set it directly in front of me.

"YES!"

"NO!"

Heechul sent rays of death at the two of us as Hangeng began handing out bento boxes to everyone else. I laughed and opened the bento.

What I saw inside made me want to cry tears of joy. Most of my favorite food was in there, placed strategically yet artfully above his famous Beijing fried rice.

"Xie Xie, Gege!" I said before digging in.

Being the Landlady rules!

From the corner of my eye, I could see Jaejoong admiring a photo in his hand. I paused in eating.

"Jaejoong-ah, you should try some of Hangeng-gege's fried rice. It's quite delicious." I offered him a spoon.

"Maybe later. I'm not that hungry." He answered distractedly.

Out of curiousity, I leaned over and nearly choked on my egg roll.

How the hell did he get that?!


So sorry for the late upload! Also, this is actually two chapters combined into one. I realized that the chapters were too short so I put them together. For future reference, this won't be the only combined chapter I'll be uploading.