Shot In The Dark

Apartment Love

"Hello?"

"Is this Faith Jung?"

I looked at the caller I.D. It said Unknown.

"This is she... Who am I speaking to?" I asked cautiously.

"That is not important at the moment. I heard about that vacant unit in your dormitory. How many rooms does it have?" He asked impatiently.

"It's on the second floor and has three bedrooms and two bathrooms." I answered.

"Perfect. Consider it taken. Now how much is the rent?" He asked in a business-like tone.

His voice sounds... Familiar.

"Before we discuss payments, I'd like to know... Exactly how many tenants are gonna occupy the vacant apartment and do they go to university?"

"Five. And four of them go to university." He assured me

"I see. So, the rent is $900 a month and is to be delivered to me on time at the end of each month. There's a late fee of $50 for each day past the due date and will be added to that specific month's rent. The master key will be in the potted plants next to the stairs when you move in, designated parking spaces will told to you the day you move in, keep the noise down to a minimum and pets are allowed. Any other questions?"

"Nope. It was nice doing business with you Faith-sshi."

"The pleasure is all mine..."

"Hero. Just call me Hero for now." He answered coolly.

Hero? Why do I feel like I've heard that before?

"Right. Before I allow you to move in, I'd like to request a... Meet-up of sorts. Just so I know who exactly will be living in my complex."

"Fine. Date, time, and place?" I smirked.

"Tomorrow at JHolic. 2:30pm. Don't be late."

"I guess I shall see you then. Good day Faith-sshi."

"You too... Hero."

As I got ready for the meeting, there was a knock on my bedroom door.

"Fai [A/N: Fai is pronounced as Fay/Fae], hurry up! We don't wanna be late now, do we?"

My name is Faith Yongkyo Jung, a 21 year-old college student. Most people call me Fai for short. I run an apartment complex I inherited from my father to make ends meet once I graduated from high school.

"I'll meet you outside Krys. I can't find my dragon earpiece!" I answered.

The door opened and Krystal Jung stepped into my room, an exasperated expression on her face.

"Don't wear it today. It doesn't match your outfit. Now let's go." She said, pulling me out of my room.

Krystal and I have been best friends for a long time. Not only are we best friends, we're cousins as well. We graduated from the same high school and currently attend the same university. When we moved, her older sister Jessica tagged along to help manage the complex.

"All right, jeez. Did you text Seohyunnie?" I asked her.

She just nodded in reply. We stopped in front of her room. I could hear loud hip-hop music from within the closed door and banged on it loudly. The music suddenly stopped and Amber opened the door, looking at me sheepishly.

"Hehe. Sorry 'bout that Fai. I got a little too excited." She explained.

"S'alright. Good luck on your workshop later!" I said cheerfully.

She nodded in response and we headed out.

A tall girl with long, wavy black hair greeted us outside.

That's the last member of our little trio, Seo Joohyun/ Seohyun. We met her and several others during our trip to Jeju island two summers ago. They took us under their wing after a misadventure and soon became the best of friends.

We received a call from Seohyun a year ago, asking if we could find a place for them to stay at in Seoul. The two units next ours were still vacant at the time, so we let them occupy one since the 8 of them turned out to be Jessica's friends from when she attended university.

For someone as young as Seohyun, she' s the most mature and serious person I've met so far. She's the perfect lady! I mean she has no vices, she's a genius, she's gorgeous, multi-talented, the list goes on and on.

The only problem is she's too innocent and gullible.

Which means, she's absolutely clueless when it comes to love-related matters. And makes her the common target for pranks. She's never had a boyfriend before much less had her first kiss. That's why she's the most... protected out of all of the girls in the building.

We (By we, I mean everyone living at the building) try to preserve her innocence as much as we can. That was her mom's condition in exchange for letting her move in. Not that she knows anyway.

Although admittedly we sometimes take it a bit too far. Like this one time, we found out that a creepy guy was stalking her. So we tracked him down and "took care of him". From then on, we took it upon ourselves to clear away her stalkers. To this day, she remains oblivious.

And we plan on keeping it that way.

But innocence aside, she's a force to be reckoned with. Especially when you piss her off. She can be more devious than Krystal and I combined. And that's saying something.

"Ready to go?" She asked us.

We nodded at her and linked arms as we made our way to the meeting place.

"I heard about the new tenants. Are they hot?" Is the first thing Krystal asks when we sat down in an empty booth.

I rolled my eyes.

"No idea. Which is why we're meeting that Hero guy here. To make sure that the people moving in won't end up causing trouble." I said.

Especially if my suspicions about Hero are correct.

She nodded in understanding and took a sip from her tea.

"Excuse me. Faith?"

I turned around and cocked an eyebrow.

"That's me. And you are?"

The man was taken aback by my sudden attitude.

"Umm... I'm Hero's friend, Changmin. He couldn't make it today. He was asked to do a gig with a colleague of his at the last minute." He explained nervously.

The boy seemed oddly familiar to me but I brushed the thought aside and went into Landlady Mode.

"I see. Do you have a picture of your... roommates with you right now? I just wanna confirm something." I explained nonchalantly.

He nodded and pulled up a picture on his phone for us to examine. There were six guys in the picture, each having their own funny pose. I found Changmin instantly and found Hero soon after. He was wearing a mask at the time but there was no doubt in my mind that it was him. His eyes were a dead giveaway.

I was about to voice my opinion about him when suddenly, Seohyun leaned out of her seat and pointed at someone in the picture.

She squealed, causing the three of us to look at her in disbelief.

Seohyun doesn't squeal like a fangirl when she sees a guy. Unless...

I took a look at the picture again, specifically the guy Seohyun was squealing over. My eyes widened in shock.

Yonghwa Jung.

He is the frontman and lead guitar of the famous K-pop band, CNBlue.

And he's my older brother.

Krystal said something about seeing Victoria's co-worker but I didn't pay her any mind. I was too busy calling my brother. He picked up on the third ring.

"Hi, you've reached the phone of the y leader of CNBlue-"

"Jung Yonghwa! What the hell are you up to?!" I demanded.

"Annyeong yeodongsaeng. I'm doing great. I am so glad you asked." Was his genius reply. I rolled my eyes.

"Yah! You-" He cut me off.

"I'm guessing Changmin-ah showed you the picture so I'll cut to the chase. My... roommate got mad at me and kicked me out. I can't live with the band members because they're cramped in that apartment as it is so I'm technically homeless. That is until I ran into a certain someone who happens to be looking for a certain girl and a place to stay in Seoul. Incidentally, his friend Changmin and a few others were looking for a place to stay. We saw your ad in the paper and decided to take a shot in the dark."

"Oppa, I don't-"

"Jung Yongkyo! Be quiet and listen closely. Arasso? I know you two aren't on good terms at the moment but can you look past that for now? We really need a place to stay and... I may have told the parentals that I'm staying with you. Think about it." With that, he hung up.

I heaved a sigh and glared at Changmin.

"You have two days to get yourselves moved in. And tell him to come find me when you guys are done moving in. I live in 101." I gave the girls a look and we got up to leave.

"Thank you Faith. For letting us move in, I mean. He wasn't sure you would." Changmin said politely.

I smiled and waved at him as we left.

I hope this was a good decision...

 

 

Hey guys! I'm giving my Wattpad story a second home on this site. I'll also be making some changes here and there but nothing too major as of now.

My plan is to upload two chapters every friday until I've caught up to the chapters I'm currently working on. So the next chapter will be up shortly.

Obviously any K-Pop Idols you see in this story, I do not own. I'm simply borrowing them for the sake of the story. Faith on the other hand as well as the plot, I do own. Hope you guys enjoy! Constructive criticism is welcomed ^^