two

dive into you | lee jeno
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

first summer

 

ulsan was a busy province for locals especially once summer season found its place in the schedule of tourists. there were no days from june through september that stores close down early in the evening. all of it closed at midnight.

like the restaurant on the foot of dong-gu, it almost never slept.

and today was a carbon-copy. it was another indication that workers of the small business would operate even if the moon had settled for hours above.

they didn't complain, nevertheless, since it was ran by the family, most of them were relatives.

a family business that stood since the liberation of south korea, it vowed to serve the country by patronizing local food until the last of their kin.

as the sun proudly smiled at lunch, nowhere to be found was the assistant cook in this rush hour—the 4th generation of the family whom they expected to take over five years later, yu nari.

she disliked spending hours inside the kitchen because as soon as she knew how to wash the dishes, her grandma taught her how to cook little by little. yet she wasn't into cooking for it was the least of her priorities.

a wondering head peeked its neck by the door frame of the kitchen and asked, "imo, have you seen nari?"

"aniyo. that kid has been ditching her work for almost a week. i'm tired of looking for her."

"right," haechan, whose dyed hair covered his forehead, went back in his station—the cashier.

he and nari were the eldest among the 4th generation line of the owners. although their personalities usually clash, and disagreements were normal, they still jived like siblings. however, haechan was unaware of nari's sudden absence in the kitchen.

she never talked about herself lately to him.

so while the sizzling wok and frying pan made noise throughout the restaurant, nari was chilling under the summer heat as she walked down the road towards ilsan.

comfortable in her sunnies, summer dress, and slippers, she only thought of her own.

"what a nice day," she breathed the calming air of summer. "i should've brought haechan with me but he'd rather play with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter