CHAPTER 12

PEACE

CHAPTER 12: GUNSHOT

It was past twelve when the two officers got a call from the district hospital were the prosecutor was confined, getting a call like this would enough to make anyone wonder what did just happened to the older but instead of getting a news of something that they were afraid to hear of, it was something that they were delighted to know and somehow became furious for. 

Delighted because she was able to go back in track but furious for not telling the plans that was going on inside her head.

Wendy knew that this would happened but she guessed, there's nothing she can't do but to go with the woman's flow, it was her choice at the very first place to say it to her but things ended up like this and she would rather just watched the end's conclusion.

Son knew that tonight's event will be a huge blast.

"It will be on our hands, just send me the bills and list of damages, we'll be taking care of it." The officer motioned her partner, Jennie, to come with her and to alert the neighboring police station for their tonight's hunt. 

"Where are we going?" Jennie asked as they walked in haste just to stumble across to a wounded Thai woman who had a badly injured right arm and a stabbed wound on her feet. "Darn, this is getting serious, call the paramedics!" She shouted alerting all the uniformed personnel to get an abrupt help from their sister corp.

"Who did this? What did just happened?" Wendy asked, her eyes fueled with anger as she saw the same carved coordinates found to the old victim. "Did he jus-"

"He wasn't the one who did this to me but he's the one who ordered to hunt me down, Krystal's on danger too, I did not know where the hell she was right now but I'm pretty sure she's in the much better condition than me." Lisa answered as Wendy watched her being held up to the stretcher. "Please, if you're just going to try saving me, spend your time looking for Irene."

"Why?" Jennie asked as she stopped the man from pushing her inside the ambulance. "Tell us." Lisa shook her head and answered.

"She's next, Junmyeon's determined to cease her."

"Just tell me the ways you wanted me to punish you, as much as I wanted to have some men kicking and beating the out of you just like what you've did to her, I didn't, where am I supposedly looking for them right?" Irene smirked as she sat at the far end of their queen-sized bed. "Imagine, living with that person 24/7 in 365 days a year, sleeping and kissing me as if I always wanted it, did you come to think of it? Did I really like the idea of marrying you? 'Cause I know you do, you can even think a child with me right?" The woman walked towards their room's door and turned to lock it, leaving her with the containers of gasoline she found on their new house's garage and the presence of her man who calmly fixed himself on the other side of their bed.

Junmyeon had decided to spend most of his time hiding in this four walls of their room and would have flew to Paris the next morning but seemed like he was caught by time, his final destination. "Can't we just talk about this fi-"

"What the hell are we going to talk about right? Us? Her? For Pete's sake! You killed her! Will you be able to bring her back to life? Will you? You can't, you're an evil!" The prosecutor felt her wound getting stretched as she forced her voice to come out but she knew to herself that killing him one at a time wouldn't be enough to give her the justice she wanted for her. Irene ignored her aching abdomen as she looked at him ferociously, her hand gripping the thing she certainly had every single time to stop herself from breaking down into tears, there's no place for it right now and she knew she wouldn't be able to handle her emotions if she do so.

"I did it because I love you." He said silently as he stood up to approach her. "Wouldn't you be happy about that? There's only you and me this time, there's no her nor the people associated with her, we can live the life you've always wanted, you want that right? You were the reason why it acknowledged me to erase them from this world, you don't want to see her being happy with someone that isn't you then why are you bothering to fight for her justice when at the very first place it was you the reason why I did it, I'm crazy for you, Hyun. Please understand..." He's words were starting to get toxic making Irene to feel itchy in standing in the same room with the murderer she thought to have ever love over someone who truly love her from the very beginning.

"How am I going to able to understand you? Tell me!" She grabbed the collar of his shirt and looked straight to his eyes. "I've always accepted the fact that you always underestimated me as a person but I would never let this past by." The man smashed his lips making the woman to find a way to take advantage of it. There were lots of things that were going inside her head, first was wrath and followed by jealousy, why? Will her existence be always relevant for someone to protect such love when it was already over?

Why can't his lovely wife love him the way she did for her?

Was he becoming more irrelevant for her?

"If you have plans on killing me then it would be better if we die together."  He said and snatched her gun from the woman's back. "A decade, we've saw the two of us grew together and just because of your love for her you're going to betray me? You know what? Hyun, I wouldn't dare to do this because of you, you know I would never want to put a dirt on my name, you're the one who should be in blame for this, for her death." Junmyeon said putting the woman's conscience at sake, she was upset and doubting herself to have entered such a relationship that put the younger's life in danger, Irene was starting to point herself as the reason why she died when she heard him starting to pull the trigger.

"Since I'm selfish, ladies first."

"Prosecutor Kim Jisoo, over." Jennie was driving in a light speed when they received a radio call from the prosecutor of Daegu Police Headquarters whilst her officer friend was left there on her side contacting any possible person that the older could have known from that city. 

"Alpha one, over. Updates?" Jennie answered as she swerved the car from the heavy traffic, it was not the criminal they were afraid of, it was already the ticking time that they were fighting with, things were becoming more serious and one of them was the life of their co-worker. "Jisoo, try to ask someone to go to the district hospital, look for any CCTV footages as much as possible the time were she left the hospital, for sure they had e-"

"We don't have to locate them, her father had given me their new address in Suseong-gu." Wendy said as she took her bulletproof vest from the back of the car. "Soo, we're an hour far from their place, sent your squad to the perimeter and secure the area."

"Get off of me!" The prosecutor was thrown to the wall followed by his huge hands holding her neck. The man was really eager to strangle her to death even with his wounded forehead from the thing that his wife had thrown to him. 

"As much as I did not want to hit you again but you're trying me. You're putting every means of physical, mental and emotional problem to me, you should have died, I should have just killed you the next day after I did her. You're a bull!" He shouted as he watched her struggling under his grip it was oblivious that the woman haven't got any energy to protect herself, besides from her bleeding abdomen, she was also slowly losing an enough oxygen to function her brain properly living her there with a choice to sway her feet and asked for help by knocking the nearest things out.

"D-die." Irene whispered as she scratched his arms off, she was trying to leave much more than just one of an evidence a but a ton of it. She knew that she wouldn't take that long especially that she was losing and ripping her wounded abdomen, he was too strong for her to manage at once but she just can't let her friends do everything for her, she did not want to die not seeing him suffering from all the things he had done in her own hands. "Die you bull!" She kicked her to his nuts making him to lose his grip around her neck, Irene took some time to take a deep breath before she went to take the gun that were thrown to the their room's open balcony.

Junmyeon was rolling in pain when he noticed that the woman wasn't on her place anymore. He abruptly tried to stand and up and looked around just to see the older taking her shirt off, leaving her only with her sports bra and sweat pants on, his eyes landed to her bleeding abdomen, the woman seemed to lose a lot of blood as how it appeared to be. Noticing his upcoming presence Irene abruptly took the gun from the carpeted floor and pointed it towards him.

His hands and body were shaking as he walked over towards her, his hands were thrown upwards, his conscience willingly surrendered his self in front of her woman. Irene was torn between her real life and her past. She just wished that she was just that naïve woman from the family of a small business holders and not this Bae Irene who was holding a gun right now. 

"I'm sorry..." Junmyeon whispered. "Love... let's fix this..." Thus, she believed to  those words before and now, she can't, Irene just couldn't let this past by, it caused too much hurt for her very much that even her ego was sacrificed to do so. "Do you me to die? I will! Let's just stop this, please... you're hurting yourself, I don't want you to die..."

The prosecutor chuckled as her tears had started to flow down to her cheeks, it was blocking her view to look at him clearly but it wouldn't stop her there, she warned him not to get close to her or she would shot him but the man continued to do so. "Did you even think of that before killing them? Did you see how Seulgi had struggle to breathe will you do it to me earlier? Did that made you feel guilty ha? Have you ever thought about the things that were possibly going to happen to me after I found out about her death? Did you think? Did you?!" Irene shouted towards him when he was only about a few meters away from her

"Tell me Junmyeon, what do you want me to do to you? How am I able to think straight every single day knowing that the person I thought to have loved and that can give me the happiness that Seulgi can't gave me was also the one who killed her? Do you think I should be happy? Ha? Tell me! Bull!" She said obviously losing every thing she had hidden for years, from the first month that they started seeing together, Irene knew that it was already wrong that she had fallen for someone who made her forget her ex-girlfriend existence even though that they were still together back to that time. Everything on her life today was all wrong and if Seulgi would still be living right now would surely be going to agree with it. "I seriously wanted to kill you but I can't, I don't want you to escape from your sins but I still want you to lose your breath." Irene fired two bullets to the glass barriers of the terrace making the man to cover his ears from the woman's sudden move.

"Irene... don't"

From a far, the officers had heard the gunshot coming from the nearby house inside the empty street of this luxurious neighborhood of Suseong-gu. Their heart dropped as they heard glasses shuttering in front of the house they had stopped. ", no!" Wendy shouted as she left the feline inside the car and ran herself to the house's gate that she can see.

"Don't you dare move." Junmyeon said calmly under his breath as she looked at the woman who was slowly backing away from where she was standing towards the end of the terrace's shuttered glass barrier. "Irene, please, don't. I'm willing to do whatever you wanted me to do just don't" Her bloodshot eyes had made him feel more vulnerable to his previous actions, if he only knew that this would end up like this, he might have just wished that he haven't had done it at all.

The prosecutor chuckled and smirked before she pointed her gun towards him. The woman knew that their would be an another outcome for this evening's new episode of her life, after this will also be a new season for a brighter beginning, not with him, not to herself but a self-centered Bae Joohyun that everyone had never thought to arrive. Irene moved a little bit nearer to the edge of the terrace as he looked at the man who was stopping her from doing any cautious things that could surely put a mark to her entire existence when the prosecutor heard the rushing steps of Wendy and other defense officers from the outside of their bedroom. Irene pulled the trigger followed by his screams of no mercy, the door flew open and Wendy saw the older looked at his shot husband. "Unnie!" She shouted and ran towards her but it was already too late.

The prosecutor jumped off the terrace.

 "I'm hurt but I'm not that dumb."