CHAPTER 11

PEACE

CHAPTER 11: WHERE'S JUNMYEON?

"Wendy-ssi." A day had passed by after what did Krystal had done to her and with God's will she's slowly getting better, it was just her abdomen who always kept her up at night and the words of her ex's ex-fiancée. "I'm full, thank you." She said as she waved her hand and slightly bowed her head to her friend who had been staying there 24/7 right next to her side.

Despite of being wide awake and was capable to do some basic things such as cleaning her head wound, she still did not hear anything from the case they were working out, it made her feel afraid even more and it's been quite a while since the last time she had seen her own husband. Irene thought this could be the right time to hear something from it and to what are the plans that they were going to proceed on doing, they'd been taking lots of time from the point of her accident, she couldn't take it anymore. 

"Do you want some water? You have to take your pain killers." The prosecutor nodded her head as she watched the woman put the medicine in front of her, she was glad that at least, the officer was there to take care of her, she did not want to ask for her mother's presence in here as she knew it would only question her for her dedication to this job of hers. A usual thing for every parents out there.

But there was just a questionable part on this problem right now. Where is her husband? Irene might also hate the idea of seeing him right now but how can a man who promised to go with her through ups and downs wouldn't appear in times like this? In times were a woman needed his presence the most. Where the hell is Kim Junmyeon?

It was mere impossible for someone like him not to know about her whereabouts, especially that it wasn't just a usual accident but an accident that almost ceased her to life, even her aunt from the other side of the world had known about her accident and called to check on her but why her husband can't? He was supposedly be the one who was going to look after her. 

 Irene was laying flat on her bed as she looked at the ceiling with her head clouded with millions of doubts and questions, she missed Seulgi very much that every time she decided to close her eyes, she would rather chose not to wake up once again and head to the place where the  younger was staying now, a place where their were no hatred and sorrows. She wanted to go back to her arms and do everything just to fix everything she messed up. 

"Unnie." Wendy called as she sat on the sofa, doing nothing and just looking after the older. "How are you now?" She asked and put her jacket on. "I will be leaving in no time now, I have to go back to Seoul and accompany Jennie." She said, still not saying about the reason why she needed to leave early.

The older remained silent making the officer to walk towards her bed and found herself sitting on the end. Wendy studied the woman's lost features, she seemed to be thinking a lot of things including the woman she loved making her sigh and went to hold her hand. "Prosecutor."

"Wendy what the hell was really going on right now?" Irene asked without diverting her eyes from the ceiling. "I don't understand this anymore, the series of unfortunate events that had been happening to my life was seemed to be the consequences from the time I decided to cheat on her, those dirty games I did before seemed to punish me from taking everything, first her second was the only suspect followed by this ty accident. I should be in the station right now, helping you guys from looking for that suspect but happened and I'm here spending the of my life with these IV cords to support the worst in my entire being." Son felt the hatred of the older to herself, she knew that how much she and whoever the person would be sitting next to her had tried to comfort her, they would fail, she'd been blaming herself from day one and the officer was the one who saw how much did a Bae Irene had change for supposed to be just a job for anyone but a work for a life to the older.

Wendy could felt how much love would Irene could gladly threw for the victim but how will she? How will she be able to do that when the only thing that were kept to her was the piece of memories she had with her and the woman's  ashes. Everyone, not even the slightest homophobic people of their country would always envy how a married woman would strived hard for the case of her lost love, it even touched her heart knowing that a woman like the iron lady of Seoul Police Department was once just in love woman who fell for her same .

It was just hard to distinguish everything even now that they were already in the point to almost caught the criminal, Wendy knew it would be an another breakdown for the older but it would be another thing around if everything comes to a delay, they needed to move quickly and would just jump to the conclusion to whatever the things that were going to end up after this.

"You needed to be strong." The officer said silently making the woman to look at her and asked.

"Until when? Until when do I needed to be strong? Until I die in here? Until I wasn't able to do my duty with you guys just because of this accident? Wendy, I promised to do everything for her that I would fight everything that I failed to do when there was about us, now I'm going to stop? this, life." Irene whispered under her breath as she put her hands on her wounded abdomen. 

"I could have just been that person who personally killed her but I didn't, I don't even know who the hell was that Ms. Foxy woman. Am I being the suspect in here? Are you putting me in hospital arrest? Come on, don't make it too easy for me, if you're just going to ask me to pay the things that I did not do, just sent me to the prison."

The prosecutor sighed. "You're not under arrest and you're not a suspect either, you're just another way round for a victim like Sunmi, Jackson and Seulgi. You don't have to blame yourself just because you failed to go on the station at the night of your accident, you might have wasted some time but that wouldn't end there. We are her to help you." Wendy cross her arms as she looked at the older. "And we do, Jennie and I had known about her." She added. "Krystal was under our protection since she was the final piece to this game, so as Lisa. She admitted that she was contemplating to do such a bold move to this problem but her conscience was killing her, she said she needed to do something to give the justice that her friends needed to have and told me she was the one who sent it to you, that she was Ms. Foxy. Before Seulgi's house was being sold to someone, she decided to take everything she can see that are related to you, she had known about you since the first time that her and Seulgi had met. It turned out that she was Soul for being that famous painter who painted canvassed related to daily life and Lisa saw it and had once fallen in love to an abstract painting of yours that had sparked a huge fight between your ex and to the criminal. Their were also some reasons why she approached you in their resto in Gyeonggi-do and to drug the hell out of you in Skycastle." Irene looked at her in confusion.

Wendy went to peek from the outside of the window, only to see the calm traffic down there.  "What do you mean Wendy? Why are you keeping these between you and Jennie? What do you mean? Lisa drugged me the night I woke up in your living room? But you told me that I lost consciousness in there and that she found me?" Irene asked as she looked at the younger. "You're confusing me."

"She did told me that you were unconscious when she found you in that place but I guess you were not also that dumb to just lost your consciousness out of nowhere, in the middle of the night in an empty stomach. Don't be a fool to someone with angelic face prosecutor, even with the brightest smile had the darkest secrets and you were the living proof for that." Wendy said as she took a final glance to the older. "I know this made you feel betrayed but you were about to know all of these when you did not fell to this accident. Jennie and I were about to tell this to you but this happened, recover as soon as possible, you needed to finish this game. I will let you do everything you wanted to do just as long as you're already fine." The officer turned around and looked at the older. "He was waiting for you."

"He? Who?" Irene asked when she suddenly remembered about Junmyeon's disappearance for days. It made it all clear for her, there's something really going on with regards to her pretty husband. He was that angel in disguise. Bull, How can she never notice about that? "Where is he? Where's Junmyeon?" Wendy smirked and waved her hand.

"He's hiding, he thought that you already knew about it.

Everything came sinking like a boat inside her, Wendy left without a notice after she thought that the older had finally fallen into a deep sleep but how can she sleep in this kind of situation if she already found out that the person she thought to have loved her to the purest was also the one who killed the person she love? 

She can't just lay here and waited for days to be okay, she needed to do something, she wanted to do things worst than revenge, Irene promised to herself that she would never be that the same person that she was that every people had known to be her, if she was that notorious criminal hunter that she was known since then, then she would be that criminal for now . The prosecutor took off the IV dangling on her hand, a sudden backflow of blood had made her to hiss from hurt but that wouldn't let her stop from what she was thinking, in any means from this night onwards, she wouldn't give a , it's her life that he messed up after all. Using the blood from her hand, Irene put a mark to her white beddings to whoever that person would come to check for her. 

The woman automatically slipped off from her hospital gown and took the clothes that Wendy had left for herself, a frantic feeling of hurt was there to hit her wounded abdomen but her time was ticking, at any moment there would be someone from the nurses station to come and check her vital signs and that's why she needed to move fast and leave the hospital.

Irene found her police badge and gun hidden to Wendy's duffel bag, she put everything in haste and took the money she found from the officer's bag.

"Ma'a- a patient is trying to escape notify the guards to shut all of the entrances!" A nurse came in so sudden just to see the woman who was fixing her cap, she was left with no choice but to run despite of the tingling sensation she fell down to her abdomen. Whatever's going to happen, it's up to her whether she chose to live or not.

"Get out of my way!" She said running down the hallway of the second floor, as much as she wanted to show off her superiority with her gun, Irene wouldn't risked to lose her badge from doing such violence to others. "You're going to let me out or I would make sure that I will blow your head off in no time." She said ferociously as if she was already facing the criminal. "One."

Irene started to count as she put her hand to the back of her sweat pants as if she was aiming to get her gun. "Two." The prosecutor felt someone's presence from her back making her flexible senses to fly off a kick and abruptly taking the man's taser and shot it to the man she had warned. "I told you to follow my orders." She said as she ran off the building and automatically hailed a cab to out of nowhere.

"Ma'am, seemed like they were following you, I needed to drop you off or else we will be both ending up in prison." The man said as he drove to the busy streets of Daegu but the prosecutor shook her head and showed her badge.

"You're going to be left untouched if you were just going to follow my orders in silence, I have to do my job as a prosecutor so do as what I have said." She said calmly and told him the address of  their home back in the residential district of Suseong-gu. 

"Find a faster route, I needed to finish something.