Almost Paradise?

The Wedding Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bali, Indonesia 1 month later:

Daisy

 

"So let me get this straight, first Natalia is here and she will be performing and not me."

"Secondly you knew that she was going to be the vocalist but you lied to me and said that you wouldn't get the gig if I was not the vocalist?" I looked at Neville like he had lost his mind.

"Yeah I figured you'd want to just chill and be Jin's date and we would take care of the entertainment so you can relax and enjoy yourself."

"You're lying and you wanna know how I know you're lying? I never told you that Jin asked me to be his date." I narrow my eyes and his bulge out.

He's caught and he knows it and instead of admitting he set me up he wants to continue to tell me lies.

"Naw sis it ain't like that."

"Then how is it? You know I hate flying and you manipulated me to get me here for what purpose?"

I look at him and Jin angrily.

I am so upset right now!

"I just figured you'd be okay with it all because you are close to Jin and Jandi that you'd be cool with it."

"Why didn't you think to ask me if I was cool with it you jerk!" I shriek and he jumps back shocked.

"I have already calculated the bonus in my expenses and if she was going to come I could have stayed home and avoided the stress and puking I had to go through on the flight!" I scream and his face falls.

He looks at Jin like help me out here.

"I didn't tell her about the bonus so don't worry about that."

"I don't care if you did or didn't because she wasn't getting the money to begin with." I snap.

I hate being lied to and even worse I hate feeling like I have been manipulated into doing something I don't want to do.

"You used me to get this gig knowing the stipulation was that I had to be here for you to have it."

"Then you brought Natalia here anyway therefore making my presence at the event not needed."

I now turn my wrath to Jin.

"Then you!" I yell pointing at him and he flinches.

"You used this as an opportunity for me to get here to be your date so your mother and aunts will stop bagering you about being single."

"I mean who does that? Both of you are selfish and I can't stand the sight of you!"

"Both of you deserve each other and your plan backfired because now I am not going to the wedding at all!"

"As for you, I say pointing to Neville.

"I am telling Natalia everything so be prepared to feel her wrath about the bonus money."

"Hey sis!" Neville yelled.

"Wait!" Jin called after me as I walked out of the lounge.

Neville walked behind me, "Now sis we can talk about this don't do anything rash!"

Jin is following me out and but I ain't trying to hear him.

"Daisy look I know I was wrong but you're here now, why not be my date?"

I growl and glare at them and they both jump back.

"DO NOT FOLLOW ME! I REPEAT DO... NOT... FOLLOW...ME... IF YOU DO I WILL MURDER YOU BOTH WHERE YOU STAND!!"

I storm off livid.

 

Jin

"That went well didn't it?" Neville said sitting down running his hand over his face.

"She is really upset, I have never seen her this mad before." I say.

"Naw man she is beyond upset, she is livid, you might wanna just fess up or you'll be going to your sister's wedding stag."

I sigh and consider how I got myself into this mess.

I should have just told her of my feelings and asked her out like a normal man but I am not normal, I am an idiot.

And as the idiot that I am I can only make things that should be easy difficult.

I sigh realizing there is a very real chance that I have screwed things up royally between us.

 

Three Hours Later

All of my calls have been going straight to voicemail and my texts remain on read.

I spoke to Neville about an hour ago and she is ignoring him as well,

I am sitting in the lobby waiting for my family to come down so we can go on the excursion my mother scheduled.

I hear her laughing and look up to see her walking in the front door with some guy all over her.

She is wearing a purple off the shoulder maxi dress with pink, white and red tropical flowers all over it.

She has a large red flower tied around her curly afro puff.

She is wearing gold gladiator sandals and accessories.

She looks magnificent the wind blows her way sending her scent to invade my nostrils making my senses go into a tizzy.

She turns and smiles at this giant of a man and my face falls to the floor.

Who is this clown anyway?

He is speaking to her flirtatiously and my hands clench into fists at my side.

As I stand to go where they are I hear my mother's laugh as they exit the elevator.

"Oh Jin there you are." She walks over with my fa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter