Perfect Opportunity

The Wedding Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Daisy

 

"You did what?" I stare at my brother incredulously.

"I booked Jin's sister's wedding in Jamaica and you are coming along to sing."

"Says who?" I look at him like he is crazy he knows I can't do long plane rides.

"Oh come on sis, I know how you feel about flying but I can get you something to knock you all the way out as soon as we are seated and besides they are flying us first class!" He squealed.

"What about Natalia I thought ya'll were back on for good this time?" 

Natalia was his sometimes, on and off girlfriend who was the orginal vocalist if his group.

When they were on she did all the gigs and when they were off I filled in.

He grins sheepishly and shrugs.

"You get her on the phone and tell her that the gig is in Jamaica and I guarantee she will break her neck to go along."

"Even if I wanted to I can't."

"And why is that?" I ask becoming annoyed.

"You were specifically requested by the bride and she gave us each a $3,000 bonus."

"Wait who me too? I also get the $3,000 bonus?" Not that changes things considerably.

"Yes ma'am and to be honest I think that was added to convince you to come along." He replies.

I sit in stunned silence.

Why would she want to pay an additional twenty grand already on top of the ten grand she is paying for us to be there?

Something is not adding up...

 

Jin

I convinced my sister to hire her brother's band for the wedding knowing that if he asked her to be the vocalist it would be harder for her to tell him no.

I know it was low down but desperate times call for desperate measures. 

The thing is Daisy is not stupid and I know she will figure it out sooner or later that I had Jandi hire her brother.

 

She had been unusually quiet these last few days, totally ignoring me and everything.

She kept my texts on read and my phone calls went straight to voicemail.

She figured it out by now I am sure and she is giving me the silent treatment.

It has been three days already and I have had enough! She can't ignore me forever!

I got to work ready to say something to her about it but she wasn't even there.

I walked by her desk again at noon and she was still nowhere to be found.

"Hey Phillip where is Daisy?" 

"Oh she called off for the week something about needing space before she killed somebody she said."

He looked at me suspiciously. 

"I suggested she take a few days of pto because we don't want her committing a homicide."

I gulped yeah she definately figured out what I did and is cooling off before she confronts me about it.

"What? Why you looking at me?" I said trying not to look guilty. 

"Because you are usually the one who she wants to kill, what did you do this time?" 

"Nothing!" 

He looks at me hard and I shrug.

"If you say so"... He replies. 

I decide

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter