CH FOUR

I Got U
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nam House

 

After dinner, Nam gathered in the living room, watching TV and drinking either tea or coffee-like usual; this time, Sunggyu and Nicky joined them, Nicky sitting on Sunggyu’s lap as the latter solved his schoolwork while the rest talked about a TV show. Everyone was there except the elders, Mrs and Mr Nam were resting in their room.

 

“Let’s watch a movie!” Hyojung suggested, “I heard about this cool movie.”

“Cool, put it on; you’re in Woohyun?”

“Hmm, I got nothing.”

Hyojung then stared at Sunggyu, that the younger looked up, “What?”

“It’s an movie.”

“Sunggyu is 18; it’s cool, right, Sunggyu?” Sunggyu nodded at Boohyun’s question, “come on, honey, play the movie.”

“What about Nicky?” as if Hyojung was trying to get rid of Sunggyu, she knows the little boy is attached to him.

“I’ll put him in bed”, Woohyun suggested, “You guys prepare the popcorn.”

Nicky clung to Sunggyu when his father tried to pick him up. So, Sunggyu gathered all his books in his bag “it’s okay, I’m going to sleep anyway.”

“Aren’t you going to watch the movie with us?” Hyojung wanted to slap her husband for asking this.

“Honey~, let him do it his way”, Sunggyu rolled his eyes at that; he knew her intention wasn’t good, “I’ll prepare the popcorn.”

Sunggyu swayed his backpack over his shoulder when Hyojung left, “I’m sleepy; let me put Nicky in bed.”

“No, you are going to watch it with us”, Woohyun carried his son, “I’ll put Nicky in bed.”

Nicky started to cry, making a scene, the minute he was separated from Sunggyu. “Hyung, really, I don’t mind. I’m sleepy anyway.”

“No! I want you to watch the movie with us.”

“But Nicky is crying; at least let me put him in bed.”

“I’m his father, Sunggyu; I can take care of my son.”

 

Woohyun is right; he is the father and gets to decide what’s good for Nicky. It took Woohyun 10 minutes to join them again; it looks like crying made the little boy tired, so he slept fast.

Woohyun patted the space next to him for Sunggyu, who was still sitting on the floor, “what!”

“Come sit next to me; it’s more comfortable.”

Sunggyu sat on the couch pouting, not liking how is Woohyun is bossing him around; he’s only listening to him to make Hyojung upset since he knew that she doesn’t want him around.

“Shall we start?”

“Hyung, play the movie already.”

“And the popcorn-” Hyojung eyes Sunggyu, not liking that he is still here, but she can’t say anything about it “popcorn is here.”

“Honey, you made three bowls.”

“Oops, I didn’t know Sunggyu would stay.”

“No worries”, Sunggyu took the popcorn bowl from Woohyun. “We will share, right Hyung?”

“Hmm, of course.”

Woohyun peeked at Sunggyu when the movie started, unsure what was he doing, so Sunggyu looked back at him and whispered, “What!”

“Um-” Woohyun leaned close to his ears and whispered, “Nicky asked for you before he slept.”

“Well, I’m not his father; you are, what would I know!” the way Sunggyu said with a low voice mocking Woohyun made the teacher chuckle.

“I’m sorry, you’re right”, Woohyun then stretched his arms over Sunggyu’s shoulders, “but if I didn’t do that, then you wouldn’t stay, right?”

“Stop talking; I want to watch the movie.”

Woohyun ruffled the younger’s hair; Sunggyu didn’t know how to reply to that; usually, Woohyun isn’t very nice to him, why is he acting nice towards him out of a sudden.

 

Sunggyu wasn’t kidding when he said that he was sleepy, 30 minutes passed from the movie, and the younger struggled to keep his eyes open until he gave up fighting and closed them.

“I’ll let you guys finish this alone”, Woohyun carried the younger “I have to wake up early too.”

“Sure, good night, bro.”

Hyojung snuggled closer to her husband, “Ugh, he had to ruin a good movie night. It’s not every day you don’t have a night shift.”

“Aigo~, so cute”, Boohyun kissed her head, “I rather watch it with only you.”

Hyojung kissed her husband’s arm that wrapped around her tightly, “You better!”

 

Woohyun room

“Put me down”, before Woohyun reaches his bed, Sunggyu woke up; he was still dizzy but awake enough to realize Woohyun carried him and giving orders.

“I literally can throw you on the bed; it’s right here.”

“Put me down; I want to change.”

“Stubborn”, Woohyun did as told, “Go change and get in bed.”

“And stop carrying me without my permission; it’s not cool.”

Woohyun chuckled, “Yes, sir.”

“Not funny!”

“You're sleeping on my bed tonight, don't go to Nicky's room, Araso?”

 

Because Sunggyu was dizzy, he nodded; the younger changed and brushed his teeth before he hopped into bed next to Woohyun. It amazed Woohyun how Sunggyu did all of this with his eyes closed, or were they half-closed? It’s a mystery; Sunggyu’s eyes are small anyway.

Woohyun brushed Sunggyu’s hair from his forehead, “Stop touching me”, Sunggyu mumbled in his sleep.

“You’re going to your coach house tomorrow, right?”

“Hmm.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Forgot, why are you going to miss me?” Sunggyu pushed Woohyun’s hand from his hair and turned to the other side, “can I sleep now?”

“Doesn’t matter”, Woohyun smirked. “I’m coming with you anyway.”

Hearing that made Sunggyu completely awake, “What!!”

 

 

SM High School

 

“Yah, Lee Sungjong!!” Sunggyu grabbed his friend’s tie, “You invited our teachers on our hangout day!!!”

Myungsoo tried to break them apart but was pushed instead, so Sungjong tried to reason him with words, “Sunggyu, violence is not the solution.”

“Dongwoo Seonsaeng-nim is coming too?”

“Yes, Howon. Look, Sunggyu, it was out of my hand, I swear!”

“YES, ~~.” Howon was over the moon, of course.

Sungjong tried to free himself from Sunggyu’s grip, “I’m sorry, they invited themselves, and it’s dad’s house. So, I can’t kick them out.”

“It’s not Sungjong’s fault; let him go, Sunggyu”, Myungsoo also tried.

“Fine”, finally Sunggyu released his friend, “sorry.”

“I’ll talk to dad; how about that?”

“No, it’s okay; it doesn’t matter; because I’m not going.”

“Sunggyu~, don’t be like that. We will stay in my room; it’s not like they’re sitting with us.”

Myungsoo nudged his friend, “so what do you say?”

“Araso.”

 

Recess

Howon sneaked into the music room, knowing well he’ll find his favourite teacher there, and he was right as if Dongwoo was waiting for him.

“Seonsaeng-nim”, Howon closed the door “is it true you’re coming to coach’s house tonight?”

Dongwoo hugged the younger, “Hmm, but I will be with your teachers.”

“Do they know about us? Should I worry?”

“Ani, they don’t know about us; all they know is that we kissed, and that’s it.”

“Same with my friends.”

“Well, let’s keep it that way until you graduate. Don't tell them more about us, got it?”

“Araso~~, it’s going to be a very long year~~.”

Adorable and cute, that’s all that the teacher could think of when Howon whine, “I’m expecting A’s!”

“Don’t push it; pass is all I could offer.”

“Araso, what can I expect from you anyway!”

“Seonsaeng-nim~~.”

“Aigo~, I’m kidding”, Dongwoo and Howon pulled chairs to sit on, “say Howon, how is your friend? The one who fainted the other day.”

Howon sighed, unsure if he should tell his teacher or not; Dongwoo and Woohyun are friends. So, it’s most likely that Dongwoo tells Woohyun everything.

“Why? Did Woohyun Seonsaeng-nim say anything?”

“He didn’t say anything, but I don’t think they’re getting along, am I wrong?”

“Ani, you’re right. But, Seonsaeng-nim, can you- never mind.”

Dongwoo lifted the younger’s face with a gentle touch on his chin, “What is it?”

“Can’t Woohyun Seonsaeng-nim love my friend? Or be nice to him?”

“Howon!”

“I know he is younger, but that didn’t stop us, right?”

“It’s complicated, Howon.”

“My friend lost a lot and recently lost the most precious thing to him, his sister. So, he had to move to Woohyun Seonsaeng-nim house and live with strangers; he isn’t even welcomed there.”

“You mean Hyojung, right?” Howon nodded, “It’s not personal; Hyojung won’t like anyone getting close to Woohyun; she’s been like this since we were young.”

“Does she love him or something?”

“In the past, yes, they even dated for a while, but then we went to college and Woohyun met someone else.”

“But she married to Woohyun Seonsaeng-nim brother.”

“Hmm, she loves Boohyun now just like Woohyun loves Sunggyu-” Dongwoo stopped talking.

“Sunggyu’s sister”, Howon completed the sentence for him, and Dongwoo nodded, “Sunggyu knows it’s not a secret.”

“Alright, enough stories. Go eat something before recess is over and go to class right away, got it?”

Howon smiled, loving how caring Dongwoo is, though the teacher was always the caring type for all students, this time felt it’s his only, “Yes, Seonsaeng-nim.”

 

 

Outside Nam House

 

Sunggyu stood outside waiting for Woohyun to get out so that they can leave for the coach’s house. Nam and the Lee were neighbours, so Howon joined his friend, also waiting for his father.

“What’s taking them so long!”

“I don’t know! How long does it take for Ajusshi’s to put something on!”

Sunggyu chuckled, “your father is going to kill you if he hears you say that.”

“I stated facts, look whoever comes out first will take us.”

“Deal”, Sunggyu and Howon shook hands just in time. Mr Lee walked out from the door, “It’s your car then.”

“Hello boys, did I make you wait for too long?”

“Appa!!! I was waiting here for like forever!!! Appa~~, open the door!!” Howon got into the car once the door was unlocked.

Sunggyu bowed, greeting the elder, “it’s okay, we didn’t wait for too long.”

Mr Lee ruffled Sunggyu’s blond hair, “Aigo~, so polite, want to come with us?”

“Ani, I’m waiting for Hyung.”

“Tell your Hyung that you’re coming with us; go on, call him.”

“No need”, Sunggyu looked behind him to find Woohyun standing, “I’ll drive him.”

Woohyun unlocked his car door, not fond of the way Mr Lee is looking at Sunggyu, but he didn’t want to be judgmental, “I’ll wait in the car, bye uncle.”

“Bye, bye Sunggyu dear.”

“Then I'll leave too-”

“Woohyun Seonsaeng-nim,” Mr Lee called before Woohyun leaves, “it’s good to s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter