CH SIX

I Got U
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Café

 

Howon returned to their table to find his father sitting alone, “where did Seonsaeng-nim go?”

“He said he has things to do and left”, it still didn’t feel right; Howon still looked confused, “what are you doing? Sit down, son.”

“Hmm.”

Howon listened to his dad and sat down, and it just hit him; he doesn’t have his teacher’s number he can’t call him and check on him. What if his dad said something upset him?

“Son?”

“Yes, dad?”

“Call your friend to join us.”

“Which friend? I have tones.”

“Sunggyu, our neighbour.”

“Ah~~, Sunggyu isn’t feeling well; I don’t think he can go out”, Howon was busy texting Sungjong for updates on Sunggyu since he was there when he wasn’t feeling well. “Sungjong said he went to the hospital.”

“He looked fine yesterday.”

Howon frowned, “did you meet him?”

“Hmm, I saw him with that little boy- what was his name again?”

“Nicky.”

“Yeah, Nicky”, Mr Lee then added, “let’s pass by his house before we go home.”

“I was going to check on him.”

“I’m coming with you.”

“Why?”

“Why not?”

“Why do you have an obsession with Sunggyu?” Howon didn’t think he’ll ever ask his father this question, but his father was too obvious that it sounds now beyond sympathy, “I mean, I get it my friend lost a lot anyone would be worried about him but don’t you think it’s too much?”

“Yah! Watch your words, son! I’m your father.”

“Do you have trouble with mom? Is that why she hasn’t returned from grandpa house?”

Mr Lee nodded, “we’re getting a divorce, son.”

“I see”, Howon wasn’t shocked his mother and father were never on good terms; it was a given that they’d divorce eventually “so, I’m right? Do you like Sunggyu?”

“I don’t know how it sounded and looked to you, son, but I just feel bad for him, that’s all.”

“Because I wouldn’t mind if you want to be with him”, Howon rose from the chair. “If only he were available.”

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“Sunggyu is married to Woohyun Seonsaeng-nim.”

Howon took two steps but stopped by his father’s question, “is that 'you' telling me about your relationship with your teacher?”

“What!”

“You’re telling me it’s okay if I dated someone your age so that I accept your little adventure with your old teacher.”

“Appa!”

“Dongwoo doesn’t look his age; I must give him credits for that.”

“I- I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Mr Lee rose from his chair and smiled, “No, Howon, I’m not interested in someone your age, married or not.”

“Appa I-”

“Aigo~~, Howon, I was kidding; I’m teasing you about your teacher; we all had a favourite teacher.” Howon sighed, relieved that his father was only teasing him; he isn’t ready to get into this now; he promised Dongwoo to keep a low profile until he graduates, “Let’s go home, son.”

 

 

 

Nam House

 

Hyojung looked between Woohyun and Sunggyu, a little annoyed how Woohyun was all over the younger and Sunggyu not even sparing him a look. Mrs Nam made an exception just for Sunggyu to eat in the living room next to them since he woke up later than everyone else.

Sunggyu pushed the plate, “I’m full” he didn’t give Woohyun a chance to say a word and cut him off immediately, “leave me alone.”

“I didn’t say anything!”

“I know what you’re going to say.”

“Fine, you win”, Woohyun tried again, “One more bite, and I’ll stop nagging.”

“Hyung, leave me alone.”

Woohyun was about to follow Sunggyu when he left with the plates to the kitchen, but Hyojung stopped him, “Woohyun, can I ask you for a favour?”

“Hmm, sure.”

“I need a ride to finish the party arrangements. Can you be my ride?”

“Sure, when do you want to go?”

Woohyun eyes followed Sunggyu when he returned with two cups of tea, one for him and the other for Woohyun “here so that you don’t complain to your friends.”

“When did I ever complained you to my friends?” Woohyun smiled and nudged the younger gently with his shoulder when he sat close to him “thanks.”

“Whatever, Nicky”, Sunggyu waved for the little boy to come closer “want to dip biscuit?”

“Hmm, Gyugyu, feed me.”

Adorable is what Woohyun thought of watching his son sitting on Sunggyu’s lap eating biscuits, “what about me?”

“What about you?”

“Don’t I get any biscuits?”

“Really, Hyung? I’m feeding your kid; stop acting like one.”

“Please~~~.”

“Fine” Sunggyu offered the biscuit bag to Woohyun, “Here.”

“Dip in your tea.”

“Dip it in yours!! I just made you one.”

“But I don’t want to ruin my tea taste, and you already did.”

“Ugh, fine”, Sunggyu dipped a biscuit and gave it to his teacher, but instead of eating the biscuit by himself, Woohyun held Sunggyu’s wrist, bringing his hand closer; to take a bite turning the younger red “Eww.”

Woohyun chuckled when Sunggyu retrieved his hand quickly after wiping it on his shirt; though Sunggyu was trying to hide his smile, it didn’t go unnoticed by him; maybe Sunggyu doesn’t hate him after all! But unfortunately, this moment was interrupted by Hyojung.

“Can we go now?”

“Huh?” yes, Woohyun lost it a little with Sunggyu that he forgot what they were talking about “where?”

“Woohyun, you said yes! Remember, I need a ride.”

“Ahh~`, yeah sure, sure.”

“Where are you going?”

That made Woohyun happy; Sunggyu doesn’t usually ask such questions; he is never interested in where he goes, “want to come with us?”

“Woohyun~, can we not make it a party? I just want to grab few things quickly.”

“No, I don’t want to come”, Hyojung was about to smile, but Sunggyu won’t allow it. “I don’t feel well anyway.”

He’s faking it, that smirk he gave her when Woohyun panicked “where does it hurt? Do you want to go to the hospital?”

“It’s not a big deal; you can go, Hyung”, Sunggyu rose from the couch and took only two steps before he held his stomach, “Ah!”

Hyojung knew that she lost this battle when Woohyun jumped to hold the younger’s hand; there is no way he is leaving sick Sunggyu and go out with her, “do you want to lay down?”

“Hmm.”

“Hyojung, I’m sorry, I can’t go out with you.”

Hyojung smiled, confusing Sunggyu; she was so calm “it’s okay, Woohyun maybe another time.”

“Thank you for understanding; you’re the best” Sunggyu pulled his hand from Woohyun’s hold and walked away. “I have to go. Mom, I’m leaving Nicky with you.”

“Sure, son, you can go.”

 

Upstairs

Sunggyu slammed the door loudly before he got on bed angrily; he can never win against years of friendship, Woohyun joined his husband and made sure to close the door.

“What was that about?”

“Get out; I want to be alone.”

“I thought you’re sick!” then it hit him, “Omg, you faked it.”

“…”

“Did you!!”

“I don’t want to talk to you.”

Woohyun pulled Sunggyu from the bed to talk appropriately; he is not going to let him hide under the duvet, “when I ask you a question, you answer me, boy.”

“You want answers!!! Yes, I faked it; I hate her; I hate everything about her. I don’t like it when you're nice to her!!!”

“What did she ever do to you!”

“Nothing, I just don’t like her!!! That -”

“Yah! Kim Sunggyu!!” though he stopped himself, it doesn’t erase that he had the intention to raise his hand on him; it doesn’t change anything.

“What are you waiting for! DO IT!”

Woohyun lowered his hand, “shut up.”

“If you liked her so much, why didn’t you marry her instead of Nuna!!”

“You don’t know a thing, so please shut up.”

“Why did you apply for divorce before her death!”

“How did you know!”

“That was the last text message I got from her; how could you do that to her!”

“Because I liked someone else.”

“W-What!”

“Sunggyu, I-”

“Did you ever love my sister? Or was she good enough for the recovery stage from your ing unfinished love story!”

“Stop! You don’t know what you’re talking about!” Woohyun then grabbed the younger’s cheeks with one hand, “and stop cursing! I let it go one time. I’m not going to anymore.”

“You’re hurting me”, Sunggyu used his power to remove Woohyun’s grip. “I hate you.”

Instant regrets, Sunggyu’s skin turned red, “Sunggyu, I’m sorry-”  

Sunggyu backed when Woohyun tried to touch him, “don’t ever touch me.’

“Sunggyu, come on, let me explain.”

“I don’t want to hear anything; leave me alone.”

Woohyun didn’t want to push it; one tear from Sunggyu broke the teacher’s heart; he can’t believe he screwed things with him, and this time fixing things between them might be impossible.

 

 

 

.

.

.

 

About four years ago

Woohyun’s House

 

Pregnant Bora joined her husband in the garden chairs, watching her younger brother playing football with his friends. 14/ 15 years old Sunggyu lived with them, and Woohyun never minded Sunggyu is an adorable boy and polite and doesn’t cause trouble.

“Sunggyu, careful!!! My god, that boy is going to give me a heart attack.”

“Let them have fun, Bora.”

“Aigo~, always jumping to defend him”, Bora the turned Woohyun’s face to look at her instead of Sunggyu “and stop looking at my brother like that, old man.”

“Old man!!” Woohyun chuckled “how dare you, old woman!”

“Do you like my brother, Woohyun?” Woohyun shifted his gaze from Sunggyu to her, “I can tell by the way you look at him.”

“Bora~.”

“Sometimes, I think that’s the reason you agreed to marry me, to be close to him.”

Woohyun smiled, caressing her belly, “you make it sound like you’re jealous, honey.”

“Honey??? Eww, don’t ever call me that,” Bora chuckled, putting her hand over Woohyun’s hand “, and no! You wish!! Any news from Hyojung?”

“She is dating my brother.”

“Congrats, you’re a free man now.”

“Thanks to you.”

Hyojung and Woohyun dated for a while; her suggestion was to start dating, thinking maybe Woohyun share the same feelings as her. But, unfortunately, it didn’t last long; Woohyun heart belonged to someone else and marrying Bora washed off any hopes that they would ever be together.

“You’re welcome”, Bora watched her brother laughing with his friends, “I’m thankful to you for giving me this baby; you’re a good friend, Woohyun.”

“Hey~, I was happy to do this for you.”

Bora wasn’t the kind who wanted to be in a committed relationship, so she asked her best friend for a favour and Woohyun agreed it’s a win-win Hyojung would lose hope, and Bora would get her dream child.

Woohyun and Bora were never lovers, and their marriage was only on paper; getting her pregnant wasn’t some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter