CH TEN

I Got U
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nam House

 

Garden

Sunggyu skipped school for the day; he wasn’t feeling well. He was physically and emotionally tired. Woohyun for once understood the younger and just let him be. The elder knew Sunggyu was pretending to be asleep this morning, but he let it go. Things have been hard on him; Sunggyu isn’t the same 14 years old boy full of life and spirit, and it’s probably because of him more than his sister’s death.

Mr Lee found the younger sitting on the garden bench absentminded, not even using his mobile like he always does.

“Hello, Sunggyu.”

Sunggyu smiled for the elder; he even bowed though he couldn’t stand and make space next to him for the elder to sit; Mr Lee brought Sunggyu’s stuff from his son’s room, including the crutch “thank you, uncle.”

“How do you feel today?”

“I don’t know”, Sunggyu then apologized. “I’m sorry for yesterday; I shouldn’t get into your office without permission, even for a game.”

“Howon told me everything; it wasn’t only your fault.”

“Still, I was the one who did the bad deed.”

“I didn’t mean to scare you yesterday; I was trying to prove a point.”

“It’s okay.”

“It’s not okay; I made you feel uncomfortable. I’m sorry.”

“Don’t worry about it, uncle; I forgot about it already.”

“Still, let me talk to Woohyun for you, explain how you weren’t going to drink, that I was the one who poured that glass.”

“No need, uncle.”

“Sunggyu, why~?”

“Because you were right”, Sunggyu tried his best to hold back his tears but failed “he’ll never believe me; I have no place in his life.”

Why was Sunggyu sad not to have a special place in Woohyun’s life? Doesn’t he plan to leave the house once he graduates? Then it hit him, “Sunggyu, do you like Woohyun?” Sunggyu nodded. “I thought you were forced into this marriage.”

“He was forced, but I was so happy” Mr Lee wiped the younger’s tears. “I’m a horrible brother; I used my sister’s death to get with her ex.”

“You’re not bad, Sunggyu. I’m sure your sister is happy that you made such a sacrifice to raise her son regardless of the other reason.”

“R-Really?”

“Of course, I saw how attached that boy is to you; it means you’re actually doing something great with him.”

“I don’t know what to do; I just don’t want you to report him because of me; he’ll hate me forever.”

Mr Lee felt terrible for the younger; he thought he’d make things easier and faster for Sunggyu and free him even before graduation. He always believed that Woohyun didn’t give Sunggyu a choice deciding for him, but that wasn’t the case; Sunggyu married Woohyun willingly. Yet, he wondered if Woohyun knows about Sunggyu’s feelings or not.

“Don’t cry, Sunggyu, I’m not going to report him or Dongwoo Seonsaeng-nim; I had my suspicions about him and son and thought you’d tell me if I asked you since it was hard to question my son. I saw how Dongwoo Seonsaeng-nim was defending you; that teacher is nice to all of his students.”

“Why were you against this? Is it because of the age difference?”

“No, it’s because he broke my trust as a parent; you can’t control whom you love, Sunggyu” Mr Lee then smiled, fixing Sunggyu’s hair.

“I see.”

“Why~~? Does that mean they’re actually dating?”

“Uncle, stop questioning me on your son’s behalf! I already have a detective at home!”

Mr Lee chuckled; Sunggyu is a dramatic kid. “I’m kidding, Sunggyu. Can’t you take a joke?”

“No! because when it comes to lying, adults make excuses for themselves to hide the truth or lie, but when we do it, I got detention.”

“Aww~, I see what’s happening here; who lied to you, Sunggyu?”

“Everyone!” Sunggyu lowered his head, “including my husband, who is still lying btw.”

“Sometimes adults lie to prevent unnecessary pain, Woohyun must have a reason to lie to you.”

“See!! More excuses.”

“Do you want to talk about it?” Mr Lee patted Sunggyu’s shoulder. “I’ll listen to you.”

“No, I’m good, uncle; I prefer to stay out of trouble this week.”

Cute, all that Mr Lee could think of is how cute this boy was, “I want you to think of me as a second guardian; you’re as dear as my son; you can come and talk if you want.”

Sunggyu held the elder’s hand and smiled when he looked at him, “thank you, it feels nice to be loved.”

“If life gets hard on you, Sunggyu, don’t hesitate to knock on that door” Mr Lee pointed at his house door “it will always be open for you.”

“Thanks, I’ll do that.”

“Now that we made things clear, can I invite you for a late breakfast? I can tell you haven’t eaten anything yet.”

“Sure, I’d love that” Nicky ran toward Sunggyu and hugged him as if he sensed he’d leave without him “uncle, can we-?”

“Sure”, Mr Lee poked the little boy’s cheek gently, “do you want to come with us, Nicky?”

“Hmm, I go with Gyugyu.”

“Alrighie, let’s go together.”

“Really, uncle?”

“Yes, now give me your hand, little boy; your Gyugyu is getting old; he needs to hold on to his crutch instead.”

“Uncle, that’s not cool.”

“Why~~” Mr Lee chuckled along with Sunggyu, “that’s the truth.”

 

 

 

SM High School

 

Hoya waited for his friend to show up by the school gate with no luck, and when Woohyun arrived alone, he guessed that his friend isn’t coming for sure. What if his friend is grounded and banned from school and-?

“What are you doing out here, Howon.”

Woohyun snapped his student from his thoughts, so like a good student, Hoya bowed to greet his teacher, “I’m waiting for Sunggyu, Seonsaeng-nim.”

“He’s not coming.”

“Is he-?”

“Your friend doesn’t feel well.”

“I- see, Seonsaeng-nim?” Hoya stopped his teacher from walking away. “I have a confession.”

“Hmm, I figured”, Woohyun gestured for Howon to walk ahead of him, “let’s go to my office before class, star.”

 

Woohyun’s office

Woohyun was very patient; at least with this student, he doesn’t want to make the same mistake he did with Sunggyu; this time, he wants to listen before judging, which was hard. Woohyun isn’t ready to hear how he wronged Sunggyu, and if only he listened to him, they wouldn’t be in this situation.

Hoya changed his mind, so he stood up and bowed; Woohyun’s silence and calmness made him nervous; maybe it’s not a good idea to do it without Dongwoo.

“Sit down, Howon.”

“Seonsaeng-nim, I have class.”

“Take your time, Howon; I got permission for you for gym class.”

“Seonsaeng-nim”, Hoya wished the earth would swallow him at this moment, but he had no escape, “about yesterday-”

“Were you involved in this?”

Hoya lowered his head and nodded, “actually, it was more of my idea.”

“Is this your attempt to save your friend, or are you telling the truth.”

Hoya looked up fast, “it’s the truth, I swear; Sunggyu didn’t even want to do it.”

“But he did it.”

“I pushed him into doing this; it's not only his fault.”

“Why did you decide to come clean?”

“Dongwoo Seonsaeng-nim thinks I should tell the truth no matter what.”

So, he talked to Dongwoo, which made him feel even more awful; Dongwoo could listen to his boyfriend even though he suspected him. Not only that, but he was also able to talk him into confessing.

“Why haven’t you said a word last night?”

“Because I feared dad”, Hoya bit his lips nervously, “because I wanted to look good in my dad’s eyes.”

“So, you set your friend up?”

“Seonsaeng-nim!”

“Did you?” Hoya nodded; he couldn’t lie; Woohyun’s looks were filled with disappointment, “is there anything else I need to know about?”

“Yes, the glass of wine, dad poured it for himself, he told me himself.”

“Wow”, Woohyun scoff, not believing how this family’s mind works, “you are acting that way with your friend is kind of understandable, very wrong, but you’re a teen you’re allowed to make mistakes, but your dad- omg!!”

“It’s dad’s way if he wants to teach someone a lesson; he knew Sunggyu was there for the wine bottle.”

“Exposing him about stealing the bottle is enough but lie- I can’t deal with this. Do you know what you and your dad did to Sunggyu? To our relationship!!!”

“I’m sorry, Seonsaeng-nim, but-”

“But WHAT!”

“Neither one of us asked you not to listen to Sunggyu; you chose not to listen to him; you always think badly about him.”

“So, now you’re lecturing me? About the same person you betrayed, your best friend.”

“I’m sorry, Seonsaeng-nim, I’ve crossed the line”, Howon bowed multiple times.

The fact that Howon is here to admit his mistake and his father’s mistake was enough to forgive him; after all, Woohyun can only blame himself for mistreating Sunggyu. It wouldn’t hurt to listen to him first before yelling at him!

“Go to class, Howon; your coach is making your friends clean the gym at recess; you’ll join them.”

“Yes, Seonsaeng-nim.”

“And call Sunggyu; I know that idiot is waiting for your call more than mine.”

“I will; I’m sorry again, Seonsaeng-nim”, Hoya bowed before he left to join his friends in gym class.

Howon words ringed in Woohyun’s ears, that boy hit a sensitive nerve in Woohyun and Sunggyu relationship. But unfortunately, he was right; Woohyun never tried to listen to Sunggyu and wrongly assumed he was wrong before even listening to him.

 

Gym

Howon joined his friends in recess punishment; he didn’t think the talk with his teacher would take this long.

“Well?” Sungjong was the first to ask; Hoya took too long at Woohyun’s office.

“I told Seonsaeng-nim the truth.”

Myungsoo sighed, “thank god, I was worried you’d back out.”

“Yah, I’m not an !”

“Well, yesterday you were”, Sungjong frowned, looking around “where is Sunggyu? He wasn’t with you?”

“Ani, he didn’t come to school; Seonsaeng-nim said he doesn’t feel well.”

“I see”, Myungsoo dialled his friend’s number and waited for an answer.

“Yah, what are you doing!!” Sungjong tried to snatch the phone from his friend, but Myungsoo was quicker “you’ll get us in trouble; we’re supposed to be cleaning.”

“I’m worried about him; it won’t take long, I promise”, Myungsoo face the phone screen when Sunggyu answered the video call, and the other two glued themselves to him, “you idiot, are you out?????? Omg, you’re at the mall!!”

Sunggyu chuckled, “I got an invitation.”

“Kim Sunggyu, I’m going to kill you!!” Hoya showed him the gym “we’re cleaning here, and you’re having fun!”

“That’s for not sticking to my back yesterday, you traitor!”

“I’m sorry, I told dad and Seonsaeng-nim everything.”

Sunggyu smiled at his friend. “I know”, he then showed him his father, “your dad told me.”

“Hello, boys.”

“Appa!!!”

“Hang up boys, we’re getting coffee, and you’re on the way.”

“Ice cream~~~~~~”, Nicky whined at the back.

“Nicky is there too” Hoya was shocked, “where is he? I want to say hi.”

“Not now we’re busy”, Mr Lee said before he got out from the screen frame.

“I have to go, bye.”

“Yah, Kim-” and he hang-up on Myungsoo, “Omg, he hang-up on me!!!”

“Your dad really likes hanging out with Sunggyu, doesn’t he?” Sungjong said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter