CH SIXTEEN

I Got U
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Coach House

 

After kicking his friend out, Sungjong stayed in the kitchen, absentminded unsure if kicking his friend and insulting him was the right thing to do, losing his friend Myungsoo just like that wasn’t in the plan. As for Sungyeol, he heard it all and only joined his son in the kitchen after Myungsoo left; he didn’t want to make things worse between them; this wasn’t his fight, so he stayed out of it.

“That wasn’t right”, Sungjong stared at his father bitterly; he lost his best friend because of him!! “I mean what you said to your friend.”

“I know what you meant!!”

“I didn’t raise you to be like that.”

“Omg, don’t lecture me when you know it’s your fault!!!”

“Yah!! You probably forgot because I treat you like my buddy, but I’m your father.”

“Then act like one!!”

“Yah, Lee Sungjong!”

“How could you do this to me, Appa? Dating my best friend behind my back!”

“Can we talk about it first? Sit down.”

“I don’t want to talk to you; I need to get to school.”

Sungyeol grabbed his son’s arm, stopping him from leaving, “I already called school for a sick leave.”

“Then I’m going to my room.”

“Ani, you’re going to sit down and talk to me.”

“You know, dad, sometimes I envy Sunggyu for not having parents; he doesn’t have to deal with something like this.”

“Sungjong!!”

“You should’ve done the same to me and left me by a church and moved in with your life.”

“You don’t actually mean that!”

“Why not!! Well, mom did it!! I bet you regret wasting your youth taking care of me!”

“I’m not your mom!” Sungyeol sighed, disappointed for making his son think that way, “I have no regret; I loved every second taking care of you; how could you question that!”

“Appa, wait”, Sungjong knew he was out of line; his father doesn’t deserve any of this even though he dated his best friend behind his back. “I don’t mean any of this, I’m sorry”, Sungjong tears fall, regretting what he said to his father immediately; he was just hurt, “you’re all I’ve got, don’t leave me.”

Sungyeol engulfed his son into a hug; he understands Sungjong, growing up without a mother, then finding out that his father in a secret relationship with his best friend made him feel as if he lost his father and best friend.

 

Sungyeol waited until his son calmed down, taking their conversation to his room; he still didn’t feel well and needed rest. Sungjong could tell his father wasn’t feeling well, so he covered him with the blanket, making sure he was comfortable before he excused himself, “where are you going?”

“My room, I think I’ve said enough; I’m sorry again, Appa.”

“I’m not mad at you; sit down, son.”

Sungjong listened to his dad taking a seat on the bed, “I have nothing more to say.”

“But I do.”

“I’m listening.”

“I didn’t mean to hurt your feeling, son, but it just happened.”

“Appa, do you really love him?”

Sungyeol nodded, “I don’t want to lie to you anymore, but I told him that if I had to choose between you and him that I’d choose my son.”

“How could you be so mean to him!!!! And he was okay with that?”

“Hmm, because he cared about you, he didn’t want to hurt your feelings as well.”

“Aish, I hurt his feelings.”

“Then apologize to him; I’m sure he’ll listen to you.”

“What about you and him? Are you still going to see each other?”

“Ani and I’m sure he understands.”

“Are you going to be okay with that, Appa?”

“Hmm, I’m a big boy; I can control my feelings.”

“But Myungsoo won’t.”

Sungyeol smiled, “he’s young; he’ll get over me fast, which is for the best; he should find someone his age to date, right?”

“Appa.”

“Aigo~~, don’t worry about me, I got you, and it’s all that matters.”

Sungjong paused for a minute rethinking the whole thing; why does it sound like he overreacted after he calmed down and talked to his father. Sungyeol assuring him that nothing would change between them made it easier for him to accept the idea of his friend dating his father.

“Appa, you won’t find someone like Myungsoo, don’t let him go.”

“Sungjong!! Do you mean that?”

“Hmm, I feel stupid for hurting the two people I care about the most.”

“Wah, my son grew up already; I’m so proud of you.”

“Ugh, you’re only saying this because I’m okay with you dating Myung.”

Sungyeol held his son’s hand and squeezed it, “thank you, son.”

“Hmm, I know, but Appa, you think Myungsoo will listen to me? I hurt him so bad.”

“I trust you, son; I know you’d make things right between you two in no time.”

“And about what I said, about Sunggyu and all.”

“I know you didn’t mean it”, then it hit him, “wait a minute, how did you know?”

“Know what?”

“That Sunggyu is adopted? And about the church!”

“I- I didn’t; I was just saying things randomly”, Sungjong laughed nervously “don’t tell me I’m right?”

“You think I was born yesterday, don’t you?”

“Appa~~.”

“Wait! Who else knows about this??”

“No one?”

“Lee Sungjong!”

“I have to go, bye, bye, Appa.”

 

 

 

High School

 

Woohyun and Dongwoo, along with the boys, gathered in the music room to solve this issue, they were an hour early before Hoya, and Sunggyu’s classes started; they didn’t want to hold them from their studies.

“Now what?” Sunggyu was the first to ask; they have been silent ever since they gathered here.

“I’m not moving to the US!”

“You’re not moving to the US.”

“My parents won’t listen to me!! I’m dating my teacher.”

Dongwoo held Hoya’s hand and squeezed it, “I’m not your teacher anymore; I resigned.”

“W-What!! Seonsaeng-nim!!”

“Yah!!! Are you nut!! How could you do something stupid like that!!!” Woohyun wasn’t going to stay quiet about it; his friend gave up his job.

“Seonsaeng-nim, you love teaching”, Sunggyu agreed with his husband; Dongwoo loves his job.

“True, I love teaching”, Dongwoo then looked into Hoya’s eyes, “but I love him more, and I’m not going to let anyone threaten me because of my job.”

“Omg, dad threatened you!!”

“Hey~”, Dongwoo hugged Hoya, “it’s okay.”

“This still wouldn’t change the age difference; you think his parents’ problem was only your job!!”

“At least one problem solved.”

“Yah, Dongwoo, can you rethink about it again?? That doesn’t make sense.”

“Seonsaeng-nim, this won’t change my parents’ mind; they still want me to move to the US.”

“Not if I proposed.”

“Seonsaeng-nim!!”

“You think his parents will say yes!!!” Woohyun wasn’t trying to be mean; he didn’t want his friend to get hurt because of this.

“You’re married to Sunggyu; why can’t I marry Howon!”

“If Sunggyu’s parents were alive, you think they’ll give him to someone as old as me!!!” Sunggyu chuckled, Woohyun looks funny when he’s annoyed, “Yah, don’t laugh at me, it’s true!!”

Sunggyu threw an arm around Woohyun’s shoulder, “Aigo~~, I’d take you any day any time, Ajusshi.”

“Ugh, don’t call me that; I’m your husband.”

“Then what should I call you? Jagiya?”

Woohyun slipped his arm around Sunggyu’s waist, bringing him even closer, “you’re too cute; I love you, kiddo.”

“You two have done it, haven’t you?” anyone can tell; it wasn’t hard to notice; Woohyun and Sunggyu aren’t all over each other usually.

“Yes, my dear friend, we’re officially married”, yes, Woohyun waited for too long; he’s proud of it, and he’s going to announce it.

Not that Sunggyu was shy about it, but he enjoyed teasing his husband, “how about you tweet about it for everyone to congratulate you!!”

“Y-Yah, stop it, boy, I’m warning you.”

Sunggyu took his friend’s side, avoiding Woohyun’s grip, “Hyung, we’re in school behave.”

“I’m your teacher; you don’t get to tell me to behave!”

Hoya and Sunggyu chuckled, “He thinks he’s in control, doesn’t he?”

“Hmm, don’t worry, he’ll understand eventually.”

“See Dongwoo, that what happens when you marry a teenager!!”

“Yah, Hyung, take that back!!”

“I’ll take my chances”, Dongwoo smiled, looking at Hoya, “so, will you marry me, Lee Howon?”

“Do you really have to ask” Hoya walked to his teacher and hugged him, “yes, I will.”

 

 

 

Myungsoo’s Apartment

 

Sungjong checked the address ten times to confirm his friend’s house; after talking to his dad, he couldn’t stay still and not apologize to his friend; he was mean to him and hurt his feelings, regardless of what happened, it wasn’t only Myungsoo’s fault, his dad was part of it too.

Myungsoo never invited his friends to his place nor gave them his address; Sungjong had to ask his father to look into Myungsoo’s records for his address, and now that he’s in front of the building, Sungjong understood why his friend kept his place a secret from them. The building was very old and creepy; many homeless people were hanging around.

He was about to call his friend but stopped hearing Myungsoo’s voice; he was dragging a woman out from his place.

“Uma, leave!! I don’t have any money for you!!”

The woman Myungsoo was talking to was obviously under drugs; she looked miserable, “I know your father gives you money!!”

“For school fees!!”

“You don’t need school; drop out of school and return the money.”

“Uma!! You’re not serious, aren’t you!!”

Myungsoo’s mom patients reached the limits; she grabbed Myungsoo’s collar to stop him from leaving “listen, boy, it’s either your school fees or your organs, because I won’t hesitate to sell you, boy.”

“U-Uma!!!”

“Now be a good boy and give me the money.”

“I don’t have any-”

“Fine, selling your organ it is-”

“Get your hands off, my friend!!!” Finally, Sungjong couldn’t stay still and firmly removed her hand from his friend. He didn’t want to interfere at first, thinking it was something between a mother and her son, but he knew he had to step in, judging from what he heard.

“Sungjong, what are you doing here!”

“I’m here to take you back, to where you belong.”

“What do you t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter