2. How it Developed

Love is Simple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jong-kook walked upstairs to his level, he thought to himself, how is she feels different, her aura changed the moment I recognize her, hope she doesn't see me walking up the stairs, he talks to himself until he reached his apartment door.  

Jihyo phone buzzed and she opens it while her aunt and the receptionist talks

Jong-kook: Jihyo-ya, have you arrive yet?

Jihyo: Eo Oppa, just received the key and now heading to the unit with my aunt

Jong-kook: Do you want to walk around or straight to sleep? Just offering you some sightseeing.

Jihyo: I think I'm gonna catch some sleep and some unpack to do. 

Jong-kook: Just tell me if you want to go out. I'll gladly accompany you around here, and if you need anything, I am at 390. 

Jihyo: Eo Oppa, see you tomorrow. 

Jong-kook hopes that he can bring her to see around the neighborhood, but he knows she's tired from the flight. Jihyo wasn't thinking anything since her thoughts are focused on the task right in front of her eyes, unpack and sleep, so she could go around with him tomorrow. 

 

Next day

Jong-kook was doing laundry in the laundry room on the ground floor of the apartment when his phone buzzed. It was a text from Jihyo.

Jihyo: Oppa, are you free today?

Jong-kook: Well, I am doing laundry now, maybe at 12. Wae?

Jihyo: Ahh, I want to ask you to accompany me to find some appliances for my room, I'm missing some.

Jihyo: My friend is coming and she's already at the train station, I'll need to pick her up now and then you can go to the city center okay Oppa?

Jong-kook: Eo geurae Jihyo-ya. See you there then

Jong-kook was excited to see Jihyo for the first time after he sees her at the receptionist desk. So, he speeds up his laundry and dress nicely to meet with Jihyo in the city center. 

 

At the train station

Jihyo arrives after taking the Tram from her apartment. She walks towards the station while calling her friend. 

*ring*, *ring*

"Hyemin-a, where are you right now? I am right outside the station," Jihyo said right after Hyemin picked up the call.

"Do I need to go out? I'm in front of the information center," she answers while looking around to spot Jihyo.

"Inside or outside the station?" Jihyo asked, "I think I'm inside Jihyo-ya," Hyemin answer still looking at her surrounding.

"Stay, ill go inside," Jihyo then walked inside without disconnect the line. 

"Hyemin-a!" Jihyo shouts at the sight of her friends. Hyemin turns around and sees Jihyo running towards her while opening her arms coming for a hug. "Jihyo-ya, I miss you so much," they finally share a hug and let go of the hug after few minutes. Hyemin is Jihyo's high school friend back in Korea until she graduated and went to college in Germany. They are best friends and Jihyo asked her to come to Rotterdam since it's quite close to Germany rather than to Korea. "I miss you Jihyo-ya, did you cut your hair?" she asks while ruffling her hair. "Eo, I don't want to go to the salon and it is saving me money," Hyemin lets out a little chuckle hearing that from Jihyo. "Still the same stingy Jihyo that I know from high school, huh?", "Yeah, I just cut my hair, not changing my personality," Jihyo answer rather joking. 

"Have you eaten yet, Hyemin-a?" Jihyo asks her. although from Germany to the Netherlands are quite close but the travel quite took time. "Eo, I'm starving Jihyo-ya, have got around the city?" Hyemin asks to see if she knows any good restaurant or snack booth nearby. "YA!, I just got here yesterday, how do you expect me to go around the city? Huh!" Jihyo hits her shoulder. "But I'm going to meet Jongkook Oppa in the city center and we can take lunch from there," Jihyo added. "Jongkook Oppa?" Hyemin looked at her suspiciously. "Ya!, what's with that look? He's my friend from college who also joined this exchange program," Jihyo explain patiently while Hyemin nodded to her explanation.

 

On the other side of the city

Jongkook was just finished taking a shower when his phone ringing, he sees the caller and answers immediately. 

"Eo Jihyo-ya," he put it in speaker mode while he gets dressed. "Have you got to the city center? I am on my way and my friend here is starving Oppa,". "I just finished dress up and be ready in 5 minutes, it takes me around 15 minutes to reach there Jihyo-ya, is it okay? or you can eat first with your friends if she can't wait," Jongkook pauses. "There is a lot of food in the city Jihyo-ya and take a look around for a little bit, I'll be there before you know it,". "Eo Oppa, I'll text you if we wanted to eat first, see you Oppa," She ended the call sound a bit disappointed. Jongkook moved faster and after 15 minutes he reached the Markthal. He got a text from Jihyo while he is on the train, I'll be at the Markthal Oppa, trying to find some food. Jongkook just replied with simple 'Eo'. 

He looked around the place trying to find Jihyo with his eyes first while also walking around if she found him first. He spotted her in front of a Chinese food counter while looking to see the menu if it worth their money. Beside Jihyo was her so-called friend and they looked very serious while discussing whether they eat here or find something else. He approaches Jihyo who got startled as she got too focused on the menu and her friends, but she gladly gives him a high five and introduced her friend to him. Jongkook did not forget to bow and greet her as a Korean would. "Anyeonghaseyo," Jongkook greets and slightly bows to Jihyo's friend. "Hyemin, Park Hyemin, Jihyo's high school best friend," she introduced her self and they shake hands. "Ahh, didn't know Jihyo got a best friend, what brings you here?" He asked her to tease Jihyo.  "She went to college in Germany so she comes here to accompany me," Jihyo said, ignoring Jongkook tease. 

"Jihyo said you were hungry, have you decided what to eat yet or maybe where to eat?" Jongkook asked, "Well, I kinda miss Asian food although there a lot in Germany, but this booth seems interesting," Hyemin answer while pointing to the Chinese food booth. "Haven't tried it myself but should taste fine though, let's go," he let the girls go first to order. After they order, they went upstairs to the table and seats while the food is being prepared by the chef downstairs. 

Jongkook starts to ask Jihyo about what she needs to buy and he would recommend the store where they could have it. "Jihyo-ya, how's the jetlag?" he asked because he hasn't get rid of the jetlag himself. "Well, I still need to sleep to cope with the jetlag, but otherwise it's fine," Jihyo answers while staring at the receipt. "We could go walk around here, since there's a lot of stores who could have what you need, especially HEMA, they sold a variety of stuff. I got lots of mine from there," he said while his finger pointing outside the Markthal. "We'll see after we eat Oppa," she said while Hyemin arrives with her food. "I think yours is ready," she said while pointing at Jongkook. "Alright, ill be right back,". He got up out of his seat and head downstairs to get his food and the lady point to both of the bowls signing that two of them are his and Jihyo's. 

He goes upstairs to the seats and puts them on the table. "Thank you Oppa, you can just call me downstairs," Jihyo said after seeing her food brought by Jongkook. "It's on my way anyway," Jongkook replied. 

They eat with gusto because they skip breakfast and straight to lunch. After a delicious meal, they walk to the city center to find Jihyo's needs. "There is the HEMA, you can search it there, hope you can find all you need there," Jongkook said while he waits outside since he doesn't need to buy anything in the store, he goes to H&M instead to find any hoodie he wanted to have. Well, he wanted to accompany Jihyo to the store, but since she already her friend, so he decided to not follow them. He then went to H&M to see if there are any sale items he was interested in, but there aren't any so he went to see Jihyo if she has anything he can help with. "What are you trying to find Jihyo-ya?" Jongkook asks.

"Hmm, I already have it all in my basket here," she answers while showing her basket. "Let's see around if there is anything I forgot," she walks past him.

He follows behind while also trying to see if there is anything he needs for the apartment. After several minutes of walking around, Jihyo went to the cashier together with her friend. He then waited outside the store. 

After Jihyo was done and meet up with Jongkook, he asks "Do you need any jacket to prepare for the winter?" he asks to see if Jihyo has brought her thick jacket with her or just to see if she needs it. "Aniyo Oppa, I'll buy it next time when Autumn comes and the weather is colder," she answers as she walks towards the Tram stop. He just nodded along beside her. 

"Are we going back to the apartment?" he said while taking her belonging with him. "Eo Oppa, Hyemin said she wants to rest for a while and probably go out later to eat," she answers while taking a seat in the Tram. "Alright, don't forget to make an appointment to take the residence permit at the Municipality soon, it takes at least a week" he reminds her about the permit. "Arasso Oppa, thanks for reminding," she replied and continue to chat with Hyemin. 

20 minutes of the ride, take them to their stop, and then arrive at the apartment building. He then takes the stairs as it's only 1 floor above and gives the shopping bag to her. "Have a good rest and let me know if you guys need anything," he said and he takes the stairs to his floor. "Gomawo-yo Oppa, have a good rest too," she replies as she walks to the elevator. And he never got the text from her again for the rest of the day. 

Jongkook was quite busy with his docu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter