3. Supporting Each Other

Love is Simple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

October 2018

Jongkook is invited by his Korean friend to join them took a trip to Paris, France on 17 October. His friends were in France but not in Paris so they have planned this trip far before they even departed from Korea. He was intrigued by the idea at first, but as the courses have started, he barely has time off from campus work. He was invited by Jinyoung who planned the trip to the second. He then asks Jihyo whether she will join or not. "Jihyo-ya, are you going to join the trip to Paris?" he asked because he doesn't want to travel to Paris alone. "Well, so far I have no schedule planned on that day, but it might change as my aunty asked me to visit her in Germany," she answers. Jongkook smile was wiped after she said that. "Ahh, geurae? Alright then, let me know if you want to join because I wanted to book the train ticket from now," he still hopes that she will join him. 

A week before the trip, he decided to buy some jackets as he expects the weather in Paris would be colder. He asks Jihyo if she wants to join him shopping. "Jihyo-ya, would you like to go to the city center, I wanted to buy some jackets," he asks her as she just arrives at the apartment lobby. "Okay, I can also see if there is anything I would buy," she accepts it. He smiles throughout the Tram ride to the city center. They went separately as the men and women sections are on a different floor. He went to check the hoodie and some sale items. He went with a black hoodie and a winter jacket that is on sale for 50%.

After paying for his stuff, he went to the women's section to see Jihyo. He then spotted Jihyo holding 2 different jackets side by side. He approaches her, "I think the one on your right hand is better Jihyo-ya," he said and Jihyo looks surprised. "Ow!, you surprised me Oppa," she said while hitting his shoulder quite hard. "Ow!, your slap hurts, the maroon one looks good," he adds while rubbing the shoulder she hits. "Really Oppa? I was contemplating about these two," she said while holding both jackets. The left is dark brown and the right one is maroon, it was the same model but different in colors. She then chooses the maroon one and proceeds to the cashier.

They went outside the store and proceed to go to the Markthal, to do some little groceries and find something to eat if they're lucky. "Jihyo-ya, do you have anything to buy here? or we can go to the Markthal and I want to buy some groceries at the Asian market," he asks her. "We can go there and I can do some window shopping to see if I need anything in the apartment," she answers and then walks beside him. Jongkook takes her shopping bag and she just accepts it. 

"this person really something else," she said in her head cannot believe what she just experiences. 

He then buys what he needs and waits for her as she's still searching for what she needs to buy. after they have finished, they walk to the Tram station to went home and take some rest. "Have a good rest Jihyo-ya and thank you for today, you use your day off for me," he said after they got inside the apartment building. "Eo, I am also thankful for today Oppa," she replied as they enter the elevator. "Are you going to join the trip to Paris?" he asks as he has to book the ticket soon. "No oppa, I have to visit my aunt in Germany as a Thank you gesture for picking me up at the airport," she said feeling sad. "Geurae, I understand Jihyo-ya, have a safe trip there and update me with anything," he pats her back and moved to her shoulder. "You too Oppa, have a fun trip with all of them, see you oppa," she said as Jongkook exits the elevator. 

She blushes as she was left alone in the elevator, she feels happy whenever she was with Jongkook. She was really happy to be able to make him happy as he said at the elevator earlier. She feels really sad as she cannot join their friends to go to Paris next week and she also sad she cannot accompany Jongkook to Paris as she really wants to go to Paris, City of Love. 

Jongkook feels really full of happiness as he exited the elevator, he was also disappointed that Jihyo cannot join him in Paris. He feels excited to meet their Korean friends in Paris but also disappointed that Jihyo cannot join. He needs to maximize his time with Jihyo this week before they separate for few days. He wants to spend his time with her in Paris, City of Love. 

Few days before his departure, he has a plan to asks Jihyo to treat her to dinner to her favorite food. So, after class, he asks her if she is free this dinner. "Jihyo-ya, do you have any plans tonight? I want to treat you to dinner tonight and you can choose the food," he asks her with a face full of hope she agrees. "Dinner? Really? Are you alright oppa? you know when it comes to food, I cannot reject and I want to eat ramen tonight," she agrees almost immediately. "There is this ramen house called Takumi, Hyemin said it was really good and I really wanted to eat there," she adds excitedly. "Geurae, let's go then, I hope that they still have a seat for us, guide me," he said while holding his hand on her shoulder putting her in front of him. 

They walked there and thankfully the restaurant is still quite empty. They seat face to face and order some ramen with gyoza, a Japanese-style mandu. They eat with gusto and he is smiling when he sees Jihyo eats deliciously. "What?!" she asks angrily, "Do I have something on my face Oppa?" she adds trying to wipe anything on her face with a tissue. "No, I just happy to see you eat so deliciously," he then continues to eat his ramen. She has this look of disbelieve after he said that sentence then she continues. He finishes first and proceeds to pay for the food then comes back to his seat. 

They feel really happy after the dinner, it's a date for him but he covers it with dinner. Jongkook was really happy seeing Jihyo happy. "Are you that happy Jihyo-ya?" he asks as he sees Jihyo didn't stop smiling even after exiting the restaurant. "Eo Oppa, I am really happy because the food was beyond my expectation, we might have to eat here again sometimes Oppa," she answers him and suggests some idea for the future. "Geurae, we can eat here again when Jinyoung is visiting here," he agrees to her suggestion. "or we can eat after the final exam later," he adds because he sees that she needs to relieve her stress through food. "Ahh, YES! We need to do that later," she replied excitedly as she agrees to his suggestion. They sleep feeling really happy that night, they get to spend their time together. 

The next day

Right after class, they head to the Tram station to get to their apartment after long classes. 2 stops from their stop, Jihyo stands up and head to the door. She exited and he follows, "Where are you going Jihyo-ya?" he asks rather confused because Jihyo would tell him wherever she goes. "Eo? I want to do groceries because some of the foods are in need of restocking," she replied rather shocked. "Why don't you tell me? You usually tell me where are you going," he is quite angry with her action. "Ahh, I thought you are tired Oppa and I don't want to bother you to accompany me to do groceries," she feels guilty after hearing his tone. "Well, I could also buy something for me too Jihyo-ya, next time never feels bothered to tell me anything because we only have each other here," he said something to make Jihyo understand why he is angry. "Ahh okay Oppa, Mianhae," he feels sorry but secretly happy because she has someone he can rely on. 

They enter the supermarket and he grabs the trolley while Jihyo walks ahead to find her stuff. Jongkook just following Jihyo wherever she goes. She then grabs a pack of bottled water. He tilts his head, "Didn't you drink tap water Jihyo-ya? Why did you drink this?" he pointed to the pack she just put in the trolley. "Eo, I am afraid that I am allergic to the tap water because Jihyoung said the tap water could make me all itchy," she replied. "Have you tried it though?" he asks again after hearing her answer. "Well, no because I am afraid Oppa," she replies while putting her head down. "You should try it first, and then decide from there, this water is not cheap Jihyo-ya," he suggests to Jihyo. "Tell me if you have any symptoms about the allergy," he adds to soothe her concern about the allergy. 

Departure date

He wakes up excited to see his friends but he then realizes that Jihyo will not join him. He already packed the night before and the moment he was done showering, he’s ready to go. The train ride takes about 3-4 hours to reach Paris, so he decided to leave early and have breakfast at the train station. Just as he sits to eat his breakfast, he texted Jihyo to ask her when she will be leaving and when will she arrives back.

Jongkook: Jihyo-ya, when will you be leaving and comes back?

Jihyo: Probably Monday Oppa, Wae-yo?

Jongkook: Ani, just curious. Have a safe ride and hope you enjoy your short vacation.

Jihyo: Gomawo oppa, you too. J

He reads the last text Jihyo send him and he instantly smiles. But he doesn’t want his thoughts of her to be a distraction from the vacation he had with his friends in Paris. He tried to distract himself by listening to music, reading some articles, and even have some sleep on his ride to Paris. He arrives in Paris late afternoon and he already hungry from the ride. He then proceed to a fast food restaurant and waits for his friends to arrive on the same station, which is Charles de Gaulle.

His lunch is int

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter