Nine: Sweet Vanilla

Drabble
Please log in to read the full chapter

Young Taeyeon was running around the playground with a small puppy in tow. When she saw the little white furball playing by himself, the 8 year old Taeyeon immediately petted him and played with him. That's why the little girl was running and laughing while playing fetch with the dog. 

She stopped running when the puppy caught up to her and barked. 

"Aww cuwiee." Taeyeon rubbed his belly and giggled when the puppy responded happily sticking his tongue out and laying on his back.

"You should meet Sooyeon, when she gets here!" 

"Taengoo!" She turned around to see Jessica running towards her along with students from the daycare at front dashing towards the playing ground. Taeyeon brightened even more and waved eagerly at Jessica. She quickly lifted the puppy in her arms and ran to meet the girl half way.

"Sooyeon look! I found a puppy!" 

Jessica abruptly stopped from attempting to hug Taeyeon when she saw the puppy. And immediately, her expression turned scared. "Taeng..."

"Don't worry Sooyeon, he doesn't bite!" Taeyeon even pushed the cute furball on Jessica. But the puppy growled and barked making Jessica even more scared and quickly hide behind Taeyeon. "Taengoo! Get him away from me!"

"But Sooyeon ah, he's really cute and I told you he doesn't bite!"

"Look he's barking at me! I don't like him." Jessica grabbed Taeyeon's shirt and stayed hidden at the girl's back.

Taeyeon pouted, "Don't worry Vanilla she doesn't mean it." She put down the puppy who instantly ran away from them.

"Sooyeon ah you scared him." Tayeon exclaimed and pouted while facing Jessica who was just frowning at her. 

"It's your fault not mine! And what's vanilla? Isn't that an ice cream?" 

"I named him Vanilla! Because he's white like vanilla." She said, proud at the name she had given to the dog.

"But I like mint choco more hehe," Taeyeon grabbed Jessica's hand and dragged her to the swings.

"Of course, that's our favorite." Jessica said while tightly holding the girl's hand.

There was one kid sitting on the one side of the swing so Taeyeon let Jessica sit first. "You go first! I'll wait for my turn."

"We could just tell that kid to go." Jessica glared at the other kid on the swing who noticed and immediately looked away.

"Yah, don't scare her! I'll wait for my turn." 

Then the little girl went behind Jessica and grabed the chains to swing her. Just like that, Jessica smiled and raised her feet to swing more. 

"Sooyeon, when Vanilla comes back make sure to greet him nicely." 

Jessica pouted, "But he's scary..." 

"No he's not, he's so cute!" Taeyeon giggled and stopped pushing when she saw the other kid get off the swing. She got on the other swing as well and matched Jessica's swinging. 

The girls played all day. They ran around playing tag and Taeyeon kept on challenging Jessica to go to the biggest and highest slide which the girl refused. The slide scared Jessica since she needed to climb up high first then sliding down to the ground. Jessica doesn't find the fun in that. She exclaimed to Taeyeon that she'll hurt herself and Taeyeon was just teasing her that she's afraid of heights. 

"No I'm not!" Jessica huffed and pouted. She glared at Taeyeon who was laughing at her. 

"Sooyeon's afraid of heights! Sooyeon's afraid of heights!" Taeyeon kept repeating that until Jessica stomped her feet and pushed the girl then went to the slide.

"Yah Sooyeon where are you going?"

"I'm not afraid of heights!" 

Just as Jessica was on the top of the slide, she stopped to look down. It wasn't really that high and scary for Taeyeon but she knows Jessica wouldn't want to play with slides again after bruising her knees last week. 

"Sooyeon, you don't have to slide down!" Taeyeon laughed at Jessica. The girl was looking so scared grabbing both the ends of the slide. 

Jessica glared at Taeyeon and prepared to slide down.

"Yah, Jessica Jung Sooyeon." Taeyeon called out, she stopped laughing. She went towards the end of the slide and looked up at Jessica. 

"If you're going to slide, I'll be here so you won't get hurt!" She grinned widely and sat down, her knees on her chest. Her hands spread wide as if waiting to catch Jessica. 

Finding a motivation to go down because Taeyeon was there, she let her hands go and slid down. What the two didn't expect was Jessica went down fast that Taeyeon didn't anticipate the impact making both of them fall hard on the ground. Good thing for Jessica though because she had a cushion. Jessica smiled widely and looked at Taeyeon who was under her looking hurt and pouting. "That was fun Taengoo! Did you see how fast I slide down?" She exclaimed excitedly. 

"Aww Sooyeon," Taeyeon lifted her upper body up, letting an elbow anchor her as she rubbed the back of her head. "So you like slides again??" She gave a toothy grin. 

"Will you slide with me?" Jessica asked cutely and even tilted her head a bit. Taeyeon nodded happily.

"Then yeah I like slides again!"

They both laughed and played around more.

------

"Kim Taeyeon! Yah, where's that pabo?!" Jessica was stomping and shouting towards her friends who were eating at the cafeteria peacefully. 

"Jess why are you so angry again." Tiffany laughed at the girl.

"Did the midget pranked you again?" Sooyoung asked while munching on her food.

"No, she trashed my locker! Freaking trashed it!"

Jessica slammed the torned papers and flowers (?) on the table.

"Yah Sica we're eating." Hyoyeon complained.

Sunny picked up a petal, "Why is there flowers though?"

"I don't know!" 

Yoona then pointed at someone behind Jessica. "Oh there's Taeyeon unnie!" 

Taeyeon was with Seohyun and Yuri, the other two were holding trays of food while she's holding two lunch bags.

The moment her eyes landed on Jessica she grinned and lifted the lunch bags up. "Sica, lunch?"

Jessica glared at her and pointed at the mess on the table. Taeyeon looked at what the girl was pointing at and when she saw

Please log in to read the full chapter