Twelve: Emergency Contact

Drabble
Please log in to read the full chapter

"How many times have I told you not to list me as your emergency contact?" Jessica said when she got to the hospital.

 

Taeyeon grinned and shrugged. "Just forgot to edit it."

 

The brunette sighed exasperatedly. " Taeyeon. You have to understand, we broke up for a reason." She brushed up her hair and then put her hands on her hips looking at her ex-girlfriend with an annoyed expression.

 

"And why were you even in an accident this time? I received three calls for three months! You've been in an accident once a month Taeyeon."

 

The girl on the hospital bed laughed at Jessica's expression. "Told you I was traveling with my beloved motor bike. I got carried away by the speed, my bad." Taeyeon didn't look sorry at all. She really loved annoying her ex, it was her passion next to motorcycling.

 

"God." Jessica exclaimed tiredly. She dropped her work when someone called her saying that Kim Taeyeon was involved in another accident. The nurse told her it was severe this time, she didn't knew what came to her but she skipped a very important meeting with clients just to go to Busan. But when she arrived, Taeyeon was sitting with an arm cast talking very comfortably with a nurse. The audacity right? After Jessica went through hours of commute just to get there. Taeyeon wasn't in a life or death situation.

 

"You know what? Whatever, I'm going back." She was about to turn around when Taeyeon stopped her.

 

"Wait! No, stay." Her ex-girlfriend held her arm, preventing her from walking away.

 

"I'm sorry for bothering you okay. Can you please help me go back home before going?" Taeyeon looked at her with pleading eyes how can she say no to that.

 

"Fine." Jessica sighed. "You can walk, can you?"

 

The girl smiled cheekily, "Probably."

 

Jessica looked at her in disbelief. "How many injuries do you have?"

 

"About three I think."

 

"This arm cast, my ankle, and a cut on my side. I fell on some broken shards." Taeyeon said nonchalantly.

 

She will never understand how Taeyeon could be so carefree about going into an accident and having injuries. For three times that she saw her in the hospital, it was three times that she felt like she was the one in pain seeing how painful it looked.

 

After handling some hospital documents for the release, Jessica grabbed her ex's bag and helped her get off the bed.

 

"I didn't bring my car, we have to commute if that's okay." Jessica said.

 

Taeyeon nodded, "Of course."

 

They started walking but Taeyeon was finding it quite difficult because of the limping. It's also hard to balance when she has a heavy arm cast as well as a painful ankle.

 

"I think we should buy you crutches first."

 

"No need. I don't need them."

 

"What do you mean you don't? You're limping."

 

"My ankle will heal soon enough. I won't go out that much anyway,  I just need to go home first." Taeyeon chuckled.

 

"Fine. We need to hurry then before the train to Seoul arrives."

 

"I don't live in Seoul anymore."

 

Jessica turned to her, surprised. "Really? Where do you live then?"

 

"Here in Busan. We just need to take the bus, it's pretty close from the hospital."

 

"We could actually walk but as you can see my hardship." Taeyeon pointed at her arm and ankle with a grin.

 

They were sitting at the second to the last row of the bus. Taeyeon was on the window side while Jessica was beside her.

 

Taeyeon leaned on the window and closed her eyes. It looked like she was trying to endure the pain. Jessica sighed as she stared at her ex.

 

She went through her phone and messaged her assistant about canceling her schedules and emailing her important works. As she was busy reading emails, Taeyeon suddenly sprung up from her sit.

 

"We're here! We almost missed our stop, come on."

 

They went out of the bus, Jessica holding Taeyeon and helping her walk.

 

"So where is your house?"

 

"There." Taeyeon pointed at a narrowed street.

 

Jessica just nodded and they continued to walk. As they went in the area, it was quiet. She was just observing the surroundings. Usually, Taeyeon would live in an apartment or a penthouse or even buy a house in a village. It made Jessica curious as to why Taeyeon decided to move here.

 

The two girls stopped infront of a small traditional house. Taeyeon grinned and said, "Welcome to my humble abode."

 

"This is, I guess the third? Or fourth time I moved." Taeyeon said as she looked at the house for a second before going in.

 

Jessica quickly followed, worried that Taeyeon wouldn't balance herself well enough.

 

Taeyeon sat on the sofa and groaned. "This injury ." Jessica just shook her head and asked where Taeyeon’s room is.

 

"Why?" Taeyeon moved her eyebrows up and down, "You got something in mind?"

 

"Pabo. I'm going to fix your clothes. Ugh this byuntae." Jessica rolled her eyes then went to look for the room herself instead.

 

She looked around and saw the way to the kitchen which is an open area. Jessica found a big door, that’s probably it.

 

And it was Taeyeon's room so she went in with the bag in hand to fix Taeyeon’s things. She looked through the closets finding the girl's clothes scattered, unfolded, and it really looked like a storm hit and went inside.

 

"God she doesn't change." She mumbled, annoyed.

 

Jessica was busy fixing things in Taeyeon’s room when she heard a loud groan from outside. She stood up, went to the living room, and saw Taeyeon trying to stand up in pain.

 

"Yah what are you doing?" She quickly went to her side.

 

"I accidentally moved my ankle."

 

"Pabo just sit down." Jessica exclaimed and tried to make Taeyeon settle down.

 

"But I was going to get us water or something to eat."

 

"I could do it. You asked me for help before I go right? Then let me do it." Jessica firmly said.

 

"Fine." Taeyeon muttered.

 

Jessica raised her eyebrow, looking at Taeyeon seriously.

 

"Fine, fine. Ok

Please log in to read the full chapter