Six: "Did you steal my sister from her wedding?" [1/2]

Drabble
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Did you steal my sister from her wedding?"

 

I looked at Krystal with raised eyebrows. I'm fighting the urge to scoff at her because why would I steal her sister from her wedding after what happened to us?

 

"You know, Sooj- Krystal. Why would I steal your sister from Ty-," I bit my tongue, it's honestly uncomfortable to say his name with my own mouth, "From her wedding when we don't even have communication?"

 

It's actually a surprise that Krystal went her way to see me. I mean we're not the friendliest with each other for years now. We don't greet or talk, we just acknowledge. We're okay that way and I'm not complaining.

 

Krystal sighed and closed her eyes shut. She massaged her temple, clearly looking stressed out. "I'm seriously worried for my sister Taeyeon unnie. I know you know where she is."

 

"Krys, I'm sorry but why do you think I know where she is? Why not ask Hyoyeon? Sooyoung? Even Tiffany? Or her other friends like Irene? Why ask me?"

 

"Taeyeon unnie please, mom and dad are worried sick already," she pleaded with me. She's so adamant that I know where Jessica is. I just can't wrap my head around or find any reason why they think I know? It's her wedding day and I didn't go even if I was invited. I didn't go. 

 

Why would I? It's her wedding. She's marrying someone else and I won't torture myself for that. I'm not a martyr.

 

Jessica's beloved younger sister was looking at me with those strong willed eyes that's slowly loosing hope. She was looking at me intensely like we're having a staring contest. I turned my gaze away immediately. Seriously, these two sisters have the same look.

 

I bit my lip and fidgeted with my fingers, "Tell your parents she's alright. Don't worry about her, she's fine. She's your sister. You know her, she's super strong." I tried smiling reassuringly. It's just really awkward having this conversation with her. 

 

Krystal narrowed her eyes at me. She pointed her finger, "You do know!"

 

I put both my hands up, "I don't know, really!"

 

She sighed and I waited. She pursed her lips at me then shook her head as she grabbed her bag.

 

"I'm gonna go. Tell her I'm mad! Like mad mad. And I'm super worried, I won't ever forgive her or you! if something happened, get that?" I groaned internally as I watched Krystal walk out of my door. 

 

There was a sudden bark coming from my room. I clicked my tongue and went towards it. When I opened the door, I was greeted by an interesting sight. A runaway bride laying on my bed being attacked by my dog. 

 

"Yah Zero, that tickles!" She shrieked out. 

 

Zero was all over her face. Sometimes I wonder why my dog really loves the taste of makeup. I went over them and picked Zero up, the said dog tried squirming from my arms.

 

"Yah, you. Go play in the living room," I put Zero down outside the room and quickly closed the door. I tried not to melt when I heard a whimper from the other side. 

 

I faced the bride, now sitting and trying to fix her wedding dress. I crossed my arms as I observed her. She tucked her hair over her ear and fiddled with the fabric of her dress. I sighed, "You still have a chance to go."

 

Jessica shook her head, no. She glanced up at me and I could see how glossy her eyes are. 

 

"Are you sure?" I asked softly, untangling my arms and sitting next to her.

 

"Yes, I'm sorry." That's the first I heard her talk with words that is directed to me. My heart swelled at the voice. Every anguish inside of me faded. 

 

"Why are you here?" I managed to gently ask her. I didn't try to look at her. I can't because I'm already having a hard time with her being here. Looking at her now would just make my world crumble all over again.

 

She didn't answer but I heard a sob. She's crying. I glanced at her hands that's gripping tightly on her dress. She then hastily wiped her tears away with the back of her hand. Without wanting to, I'm

Please log in to read the full chapter