Sequel - Chp 7

The Way That I Love You

BGM: Taylor Swift – Better Man

 

She doesn’t know how to handle the pain. So she does what she does best – avoiding.

 

Running away.

 

Both, metaphorically and literally.

 

Ignoring the the weird looks she garnered from the crowds, she keeps on running.

 

Faster.

 

Harder.

 

Until the pain in her lungs numb the pain in her heart.

 

Until the picture of Yongsun laughing with another woman is taken over by nothingness.

 

But of course, nothing last forever.

 

She reaches to the end of the pavement, one step away from falling into the Han River.

 

Just when did she get there, she doesn’t know. All she knows is that she is in the place that she finds solace the most.

 

A spot that gives her warmth even in the harshest winter.

 

It was their spot.

 

Gone was the numbness in her heart, replaced by the pain that she felt earlier in the café. Her legs shake under her weight.

 

So she succumbed to the fatigue and take a seat on seat on the pavement, knees close to her chest, arms around her thigh. She then rests her chin in between her knees.

 

“How did we end up in this mess?” She wonders.

 

The cold breeze caressed her skin, sending shivers down her spine. But she refuses to leave the place, finding solace in the memories of the place.

 

The memories of them simply hanging out for no reason.

 

Or that one time when they had impromptu picnic.

 

Or that night when they were too hyper after 2 cans of beer and sang their hearts out.

 

With a sigh, she takes her phone out and plays the first song that she saved in her playlist.

 

She lies on top of the pavement, arms folded at the back of her head. Her left leg props up while her right leg resting on on top her left.

 

Ignoring the blinding ray of sunlight, and the chillness from the breeze. She continues to lie there while the sun continues to set.

 

Sometimes in the middle of the night

I can feel you again

But I just miss you

And I just wish you were

A better man

 

And I know why we had to say goodbye

Like the back of my hand

But I just miss you

And I wish you were a better man

 

 

Yongsun POV

 

“Are you okay?” Hyun asks, voice laces with concern.

 

She may have seen the way I was crestfallen when Byul bolted out.

 

Or maybe the way that I was affected by her speech before she walked away.

 

“I don’t know,”

 

I answer, honestly, too tired of pretending to be what I am not.

 

“Do you want to leave?”

 

She lightly pinches my chin with her thumb and index finger before turning my head into her direction.

 

One look into my eyes, and she knows.

 

“You’re hurting.”

 

Sometimes, you don’t need some grand speech.

 

Or extravagant gestures.

 

Or sappy films.

 

Sometimes all you need is an acknowledgment.

 

A telling-sign.

 

That you are understood.

 

That you are not alone.

 

Sometimes, those are enough, to keep your tears at bay.

 

“Let it out Yongsun-ah. You know I’ll catch you. I always do,”

 

And I cry.

 

Full blown tears.

 

Ignoring the snide from the other customers, Hyun pull me into her arms and rub soothing circles on my back.

 

Once again she reminds me of how lucky I am to have met her.

 

To have her by my side, giving me strength.

 

It is that moment, I selfishly wish that she won’t be tired of patching up my broken pieces.

 

I know I’m better off on my own

Than loving a man who didn’t know

What he had when he had it

 

And I see the permanent damage you did to me

Never again

I just wish I could forget when it was magic

 

The song continues to play in the background as I wet Hyun’s shirt with my tears.

 

I know I’m probably better off without you.

 

But why can’t I let you go?

 

 

Hi, hello !!!!

Guess who’s back ?!!

Hehe, I hope there’s still some people who’s willing to read this story.

 

Anyway, sorry for the long hiatus. Degree life been quite crazy.

 

Don’t forget to subscribe, upvote and comment. What do you think of this chapter ?