Sequel - Chp 2

The Way That I Love You

Author’s recommendation:  Listent to Lewis Capaldi – Leaving My Love Behind to set up the mood.

 

“Thank you,” I say, bowing slightly as a sign of respect. 

The driver offer s me a small smile before he drove off, getting lost amongst other cars on the road. 

A familliiar chic black Benz catch my eyes as I turn around to the building that was behind me.   Wrapping my fingers around the handles of both my luggages, I wheel it together as I take slow careful steps to my apartment building.

The woman who is behind the counter greets me with a dimpled smile as soon as I walk through the door.

“Welcome back, unnie,” she greets as I am closer to her.

“Thank you, kid,” the familiarities sending butterflies in my stomach.  My heart thumping in excitement.

Home, finally.

“Do you need help with that?” she ask, pointing to the luggages behind me.

“It’s okay, I can manage,” I reply and wink at her direction before I walk to the elevator.

 

Change of POV

 

I see the handle of the door moves downward and the door slowly being pushed open from the outside.

My heart thuds.  Anticipation peaks as I am getting a hunch on who the visitor might be. 

The door widen and a figure, a woman, walk in.  She is wearing a Nike sportswear, black ripped jeans and a purple ovesized sweatshirt.  Her dark brown locks flow over her shoulders and rest atop of her .    

She walks further in before she she senses my presence in the room.  Our eyes finally met, both mirroring the same shock reaction.

“Who are you?”  she asks, frowning as she points her finger at me.

“I ...”

“What are you do ... no, how did you get in?” she asks, walking over and closing the distance between us.

“The same way as you did.  How do you know the combinations?”  I reply, though fear is slowly downing me.  Her gaze is sharp and dominationg despite her lakcing in height.

We are still sizing each other up when another figure walk in.  The sound of luggages being wheeled tears our gaze away from each other.

“Hyunnie, why don’t you close the door?” she asks while taking her shoes off.

None of us let out a sound.  We just stand there, next to each other as we look at her every action. 

“Hyunnie?” she calls again, this time louder than before as she places her shoes into the cabinet.

“Ddun!” the woman next to me calls out.

“Hyun-“ she looks up,before finally realising that there are third figure in the room.

“I am sorry, this woman is aready here when I walk in.  Maybe she is crashing in because ...” she says as she walks over to Yongsun who remains frozen near the door.  Her sentence however stop midway  when she finally see our picture hanging against the wall.

“Byul,” Yongsun calls.

“I don’t know you are coming back today, with a partner at that.  So I don’t  buy much grocerries, but it might last you both two or three days at most,”  I say, hastily picking my jacket from the the sofa’s armrest.

I put the jacket on and grab my phone from the table before I walk over to where Yongsun and that woman, Hyun or Hyunnie or whatever her name is, is standing.

“You leaving?” she asks, wrapping her fingers around my forearm, stopping me as I reach for my shoes from inside the cabinet.

“I don’t want to intrude,”  I say without looking at her direction.  I can feel her hold around my forearm tighten.

“Will I see you again?”

Smiling, I unwrap her fingers that were around my forearm.

“If you want to,”  I smile at her before putting my shoes on and step out of the suffocating air that is lingering inside the room.

Did we part ways for my sake or yours?

Is she an addition or a replacement?

Tell me should I celebrate for you or mourn for us?

 

Surprise surprise ... another update.

Please subscribe and upvote if you haven’t and also don’t forget to leave comments down below.  Each of your comment surely help with my motivation to write.

Thank you.