Sequel - Chp 5

The Way That I Love You

Author’s recommendation:  Slander – Love Is Gone

 

I am in the middle of this stupid conversation with Joohyun when the bells above the door chime.  Then I see you walking in, looking effortlessly cool with your all black get up, sunglasses tucked inside your pocket and a book in your hand.

You look awkward, standing alone by the door.  Should I call you over?  What would you say?

Suddenly you flash a grin, nose muscle scrunched up.  You are looking so damn cute, that I feel a tinge of unwanted jealousy to the one that you are smiling at.  You then make a bee line as you walk over to the counter.

It kind of hurt because you walk by me and it’s like we are two strangers who happen to be at the same café.  It’s kind of insane how we turn into two awkward messes.

Should I call your name?

I ask myself as I watch you take every step toward the counter.  I jolt in surprise when Joohyun touches my hand and your name unconsciously slips past my lips.

“Byul,”

You turn to look at me, eyes wide in surprise.

“Yong,” you utter as you stop walking.

“Coffee?” I ask and you nod..  I look at the distance between us and realize just how much I hate it.

Few seconds pass and I wonder why you are still not coming over.  Why are you still standing awkwardly there?  Were you promised to meet someone here?

“Come and join us,” I hear Joohyun said, inviting you over to our table.  I turn to her, exasperation showing on my face.

Just what is this bunny trying to do?

My heart thumbs in excitement and fear when you come to our table and sits next to me.  I then notice the book that you are holding dearly over your chest and the way that you so carefully place it on top of the table.  One question flashes over my mind.

“Since when did you read?”

You look at me with furrowed eyebrows, your lips forming a thin line before you open your mouth to answer me.

“Since my best friend left and I got no one to talk over a cup of coffee with,”

My heart clenches with guilt as I hear your answer.  I am about to reply when the woman that I saw sitting behind the counter when I first entered comes over to our table, a small notebook and a pen in her hand.

“1111?” she asks, and once again, my heart clenches in jealousy when I realize that the number is some kind of secret code between the two of you.  I watch as you nodded to the question and the woman lips curve into a smile.

She then put the notebook and pen away before asking, “soju or beer?”

“You sell that here?” Joohyun freaks out.  I am not going to blame her for I am also surprise at her offer as I for sure did not see any alcoholic drinks in the menu.

“No,” she answers with sass, which you snicker at.  She then places her hand over your shoulder.

Then I realize just how much I hate the familiarity in her actions and the way that you made no effort to push the hand away.

“It’s not in the menu, but I can sneak it in for my favourite regular.  Do you mind having them in a mug or should I sneak soju glass in too?”

I watch as you lovingly pat the back of the woman’s palm before flashing her smile.

“I don’t mind that but I just want my coffee for now,”

The woman nods before she left our table and walk back to the counter. 

A few second pass and I finally realized that she never bothered to ask the kind of coffee e that you want.  Once again, my heart clenches at the familiarity and comfort between the two of you.

 

Yong’s POV finally out, so what do you think about this chapter? 

What do you think it is between our leaders?

do you think Yong has moved on?

Tell me in the comment down below.  And don’t forget to hit subscribe’s and upvote’s button if you haven’t.  if you do so, it will really fuel up my motivation more.

See you in the next chapter, thank you.