Sequel - Chp 3

The Way That I Love You

Author’s recommendation: Listen to NF – Goodbye to set the mood up

 

 

“That’s her?” Hyun asks, arms crossing over her chest and one of her shoulders leaning to the door of my bed room.

 

I let her question hanging, not bothering to give any sorts of reply. Just look around this space and she will get her answer anyway.

 

With a final glance on her way, I wheel both my luggages to the sofa and throw myself on top of it. The scent of Byul’s favorite perfume immediately evaded my nose.

 

“The name you never mentioned. That’s her, right?”

 

She asks again. I guess she won’t stop until she gets the answer that she wants from me.

 

Sighing, I pull myself up and sit with my back against the back rest of the sofa. She then occupies the space next to me, with a few inches gap between us.

 

“The one and only,” I answer, looking at our pictures hanging above the TV. Memories of our last night together take over my mind.

 

“Are you okay? I mean, you don’t seem like you planned to meet her on your first day here,”

 

Her voices snaps me out of my walk down the memory lane.

 

She takes my hand into hers, drawing different pattern on my palm. It is her way to distract me when she thinks that I am having too much on my head.

 

“To be honest, I am not sure if I even plan to see her at all,”

 

She lifts her head up, looking at me in surprise.

 

“Why?”

 

“I don’t know. I just … I miss her, sure but … Aish, my feelings are all over the place right now,” I say, getting frustrated over my mixed emotions.

 

She smiles. Her other free hand comes up and lightly pats my left cheek thrice.

 

“Okay, okay. No need to be stressed, let’s play a game. Guess what pattern did I draw on your palm,” she says before she draws a familiar pattern on my palm. Successfully making me laugh out loud.

 

“Is that … isn’t that the poop emoji you love to use?” I take a guess amidst my residue chuckles.

 

“Ding dong deng,” she sing-songs, a sign that I guessed correctly.

 

“Okay, enough of that. I need to sleep, the long flight tired me out,” I say while yawning.

 

Smiling, she pats on her left shoulder, near to the crook of her neck before she opens her arms wide. Silently conveying her invitation for me to sleep in her arms.

 

Saying no words, I immediately adjust my position before I dive into her arms and rest my head on her shoulder, snuggling comfortably at the crook of her neck. Both my arms securely wrapped around her waist while my thighs resting on her laps.

 

She starts to run her fingers through my hair while humming to the melody of her favorite song. With the combination of her steady heartbeats, her soothing humming and her fingers massaging my scalp, it does not take me long to fall asleep.

 

 

Change of POV

 

I walk out of the elevator and my eyes meet with the petite lady standing behind the counter. She throws me a dimpled smile before it slowly turned into a teasing smirk.

 

“Unnie!” She calls and I make a detour from the front door to the counter. She leans the upper part of her body on top of the counter.

 

“I assume I will see you more than I already is now that 1111 is back,” she teases, her right eyebrow wiggles up and own.

 

Smiling, I lift my right hand up and ruffles her hair.

 

“We will see about that kid,”

 

Because I am not even sure if I will still be welcomed here.

 

Turning on my heels, I walk toward the door and out of the building that I have frequent to for years.

 

I walk pass my black Benz and pass the nearest bus stop. Truth is, I don’t even know where I am going to and just let my legs drag me along.

 

I guess I will just stop and call for the taxi or one of my friends to pick me up when I am too tired to go on.

 

 

 

Another update, surprise surprise !!

 

I am happy to see the number of subscribe and upvotes going up. Thank you very much, that surely fuel my motivation up.

 

Please do hit the subscribe and upvote (if you haven’t) and don’t forget to leave comments. I love reading it and feeling appreciated. Hehe

 

On the side note, I have an online presentation this Thursday. Wish me luck guys~ !!!

 

Thank you.

XOXO