Three Years Ago (1)

Misunderstanding
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hongdae, South Korea. March 2018.

"I'm hungry and craving for some barbeque, unnie! Let's go to HaHa oppa's restaurant since we can use the VIP room for privacy", So Min begged Ji Hyo. It was a very tiring day for them since they just came from shooting another episode of Running Man. It's the show that Ji Hyo has been on for 8 years and So Min for a year. "I'm very tired, So Min-ah. I just want to go home and sleep." "But unnie, I want to hang out with you. I want to drink with you also. Please unnie. You're free tomorrow anyway so you have the whole day to sleep." So Min was not letting go that easily so Ji Hyo had no choice but to agree. When they got into So Min's van, they called HaHa and asked for the VIP room to be reserved for the two of them. "Just the two of you? I'm disappointed, Ji Hyo-ah. Why didn't you invite us?" Haha faked being hurt. "Aish oppa. Don't be like that. Think of it as us having girl time, But since it's your restaurant, feel free to join us." Ji Hyo said to appease her oppa. "Okay, I like that. I'll tell the guys to join us, too." And with that, it became a team dinner.

Everyone made it to the restaurant but Kim Jong Kook was late. He had a prior engagement he needed to attend to. When he got to the restaurant, the girls and Kwang Soo were a bit drunk. "AIgoo. Why are you drunk already? Were you that thirsty for some alcohol? " Jong Kook asked them. Jae Suk and Suk Jin just laughed it off and told him that they were having too much fun since the alcohol was free-flowing. "You should have some too, oppa!" Ji Hyo said. "Don't be a kill joy and nag at us tonight. Let's just have some fun!" He could only laugh at her. Ji Hyo was turning a shade of red from having too much to drink. But despite that, she's the most beautiful woman he has ever laid his eyes on. Wearing a plain white t-shirt and a ripped jeans, Ji Hyo looked rather y with just that simple outfit. Jong Kook can't seem to take his eyes off of her. He has been harboring feelings for Ji Hyo ever since they got close in Running Man. It's been years but the guy just doesn't have the guts to confess his feelings for her. All he can do is steal glances and touch her in subtle ways. "Oppa, come and have a drink with us please!" Ji Hyo keeps forcing him to drink which snapped him out of his thoughts. "Okay, Ji Hyo-ah. Just for tonight. And only because you asked me to." And with that, they drank the night away.

At around 2 in the morning, they decided to call it a night and headed to their respective homes. Since most of them were too drunk to drive, their managers picked them up. Jong Kook was helping Ji Hyo get on her knees because she was too drunk to stand straight. "Ji Hyo-ah, why'd you have to drink so much? You know it's not good for your health" "Oppaaaaa, you are so cute when you nag. I just want to squish your face!" She said drunkenly. "Aigoo Ji Hyo-ah. You're too drunk. Let's get you home safely." While they were waiting for her manager, Ji Hyo's phone rang. Jong Kook took the initiative to answer the phone. "Hyung, I can't pick up Ji Hyo-ssi right now. My wife needs me. She might give birth anytime soon", he informed. "It's okay, Sang Yeob-ah. I'll take Ji Hyo home myself. You take care of your wife." And with that, Jong Kook asked Gap Jin to drop Ji Hyo off at her home first before going to Anyang. 

 

Mapo-gu, South Korea. 

When Ji Hyo and Jong Kook arrived at her house, he was struggling a bit to get her to punch in her passcode. "C'mon Ji Hyo-ah. If you can't punch it in, just tell me your code so I can open the door." He was practically begging. "It's 7681, oppa. 76 because it's your birthyear and 81 coz it's mine', she said while laughing. "Why would you choose that?" "It's simple oppa. Because it's you." Jong Kook could not believe what he was hearing. What does this mean? Does she like me too? Before he could even continue to question what's happening, Ji Hyo managed to get herself off from his grip to go to the bathroom and wash her face. Jong Kook, on the other hand,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter