Three Years Ago (2) - The Hiatus

Misunderstanding
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul, South Korea. April 19, 2018.

When Ji Hyo got discharged from the hospital, she was advised to continue doing bed rest at home so as not to complicate her pregnancy. On the car ride to her apartment, Kwang Soo was itching to ask her noona who impregnated her.

"Noona, who's the father?", Kwang Soo asked while driving. "We've been friends for 8 years and although we're not obligated to, we always told each other when we're seeing someone. Now, not only did you not tell me that you're in a relationship, I just got the shocking news of my life that you're pregnant. Don't get me wrong, noona. I'm happy for you. I know you've always wanted to have your own family and you were getting worried that it might be too late for you. But I need to know who the father is. I have to make sure that he really loves you and he will protect you and your baby." Kwang Soo expressed his worries.

"I will tell you who the father is because you're one of the few people that I trust but please don't do anything to him. We're not in a relationship so this will just make things more complicated He's a good guy. Plus, I'm pretty sure he has no idea that he knocked me up.. And I'm also trusting you not to tell a soul. Not even your parents. Not your sister. No one, Kwang Soo-yah. Please.", Ji Hyo begged. 

"Noona, you can trust me. I've kept a lot of your secrets over the years. Trust me on this. Now, tell me who the father is so I can check the guy out."

"Jong Kook oppa", she casually replied. Kwang Soo wasn't sure if he heard the name right so he asked again. "Who now? Did I hear it right noona?"

"Yes, you heard it right, Kwang Soo-yah. Jong Kook oppa is the father of my unborn child. Now, like I said, please don't do anything to him. Don't tell him about my pregnancy. Don't drop any hints or give him any idea about this. Pretend like this conversation never happened." Ji Hyo pleaded.

"But noona. Jong Kook hyung? How? When? Wow!" That was all what Kwang Soo can say upon hearing who the father is. He wanted to ask more questions but decided against it since he felt that her noona is not ready to spill any more details. He'll just wait for her to decide on when she'll tell him everything. 

The car ride was quiet after that. When they got to Ji Hyo's apartment, Kwang Soo walked her to her apartment door. "Noona, don't worry okay? I will help you in any way I can with your pregnancy. You can also trust me not to spill this news to anyone. I'm really happy for you. I really am. And I will love that baby llike it's my own. Now, go rest up. Call me later, okay?" Kwang Soo hugged his noona before he left.

When Ji Hyo got inside her apartment, she started to cry while rubbing her tummy. "Baby, hang in there, okay? Omma will do everything she can to protect you. I'm nervous but I will prepare for your arrival. Please stay healthy for your omma. I love you my baby."

 

Anyang, South Korea. April 19, 2018.

Kim Jong Kook was just about to start his exercise when he got a call. It was HaHa. "Dong Hoon-ah, what is it?", he answered.

"Hyung, did you know that Ji Hyo got admitted to the hospital?" HaHa told him.

"What? What happened? Where is she admitted?" Jong Kook hurriedly packed up his stuff and decided not to continue with his exercise. He was ready to leave and go to where Ji Hyo was.

"I don't know which hospital, hyung. A friend of mine saw her and Kwang Soo having coffee yesterday when she suddenly collapsed and was immediately brought to the nearest hospital. What do you think happened? I asked So Min if she knows anything but she doesn't. I tried calling Kwang Soo but he's not picking up my call. I also tried calling Ji Hyo but it's going straight to her voicemail. Should we go check on her?" HaHa asked.

"Keep calling Kwang Soo and I'll call Ji Hyo. Update me when you hear from Kwang Soo." Jong Kook instructed. He immediately got into his car and decided to drive to Mapo-gu to check if she was in her place. He kept calling her but it all goes unanswered. He was starting to get frustrated when he got a text message from HaHa.

"Hyung, I just got off the phone with Kwang Soo. He said that Ji Hyo has already been discharged and is resting in her apartment. Apparently, she was overstressed and had not been eating properly which caused her to faint. He also said that Ji Hyo asked not to be disturbed because her doctor strongly advised her to rest and recuperate. Let's see her on our recording this coming Monday, Hyung. I'm really worried for her but we should let her rest."

He was relieved to read HaHa's message but also worried at the same time. Ji Hyo was being distant with them but mostly with him so he doesn't know what's been going on with her life the past few weeks. He knows the reason why she's avoiding him but the other members don't. As much as he wanted to make things go back to how they were before "that night" happened, he understands her reason to stay away from him. He misses her so much but there's nothing he can do about it because Song Ji Hyo was one stubborn girl.

 

Ji Hyo's apartment, Mapo-gu, South Korea. April 20, 2018.

After sleeping for almost 20 hours, Ji Hyo was woken up by countless messages and calls from her fellow Running Man members and her manager. She read one from Kwang Soo telling her that he didn't tell anyone about her being hospitalized but a friend of HaHa saw them and that's how the news quickly spread out. Scrolling through her unread messages, she saw one from Kim Jong Kook:

"Ji Hyo-yah, I heard you got sick. I hope you're feeling better now. Please call me when you read this." She immediately deleted the message. She finds it funny that he was being concerned that she got sick but didn't feel any remorse when he left her after having with her. Just thinking about that night is enough to make her blood boil but she remembered that she was not allowed to be stressed so she quickly thought of happy things.

Ji Hyo decided to return the call of her manager, Lee Sang Yeob. She has to tell him about her current situation because they need to discuss her existing contracts with the products she's endorsing among other things.

"Oppa, where are you? Can you come to my apartment now?" Ji Hyo asked.

"Finally you're awake! I'm actually downstairs. I was planning to break down your door if you still won't answer my calls but thank God y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter